Reviews for Out of the Blue
Harpijka chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
How I love the third party point of view in this story! I tend to like it in all kinds of narratives: it's like a medieval stained glass window where we watch a character through the eyes of different observers and the image we get is necessarily fragmented but so, so complex and interesting.
I'm charmed your writing style. The voice of the narrator is perfect, she (?) is so real to me like I were there, in her shop, watching the cake being watched by Anakin. Little Anakin repairing the chime, the details of normal Coruscant life, the atmosphere changing along with the weather and the arrival of Obi-Wan, the pressure building up to the point of being almost unbearable; the loneliness of the two Jedi and their possible togetherness watched by another character: I love every sentence of it.
Is the narrator a mouthpiece of the reader? She is her own perfect character, I know, but at the same time I, one of the readers, am her, watching them, helping them in my own way.
I have read this vignette three times and every time I love it more.
Would you mind if I translated the story into Polish, for my daughter and a friend who does not read in English? It would be an honor :) If possible, I would publish it on and later on ao3, giving you credit. I would like to share the emotions the story gave me with others who are not able to read in English.
By the way, is the title a reference to the weather, to the storm on Coruscant? In Polish we have two expressions that could be used here, and one of them is a simile: “like a lightning striking from a clear sky”, which I find appropriate, but at the same time a bit stronger than your title’s connotation.
Girlbender875 chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
Absolutely wonderful. I loved your characterization of Anakin and Obi-Wan, and your OC was amazingly well developed. I love POVs that look at characters and situations we know from the outside. Terrific job!
Brievel chapter 1 . 4/13/2015
A very touching peek at young Padawan Anakin.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Perfect. I love how, even though the story opens with someone who isn't Star Wars, or even recognizable, you still like her within a few paragraphs. And you manage to tell the whole story, exactly how it is, through an objective third person. Keep it up!
J4de chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
Beautiful. Such a treat of a story. Thank you
Aine chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This was lovely and sweet, but not too sweet, at least as far as the prose wrapping goes. Has also left me with a sudden and irrepressible urge to seek out some cake!
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Awww. Beautiful little fic about an uncertain Anakin.
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
awwww! So sweet. :) Love it...great from the "outsider's" perspective, too. :)
Eruhin chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
I love looking at our heroes through the eyes of other people and so I loved this story! Tge woman's observations were spot on, I liked especially her being a bit freaked out by Anakin reading her mind and then by Obi-Wan's sudden appearance and also how her opinion of the latter changed when she saw how he looks at Anakin. A bit sad but lovely. And Anakin was actually cute in this so I liked it as well :)
time2read chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Firstly I loved this Story!
The way you described young Anakin was simply amazing he is confused with his new way of life and wants his master to understand!

Obi wan is just so irresistible the way you write him!

Both girls likely would have swooned on the spot – as humans go, this particular young fellow was an absolute masterpiece. His tousled hair was damp with rain, like his cloak, and he bored into the poor boy with eyes like burning blue coals. I quite literally shrank back in my chair – the room seemed far, far too small to contain the newcomer, and the air felt charged with an electricity that no rainstorm could possibly explain.

Hehe that's the obi wan I know to cool for school!

And indeed he was thrust into the role of a parent too early!
Your talents have made me a believer I'm not sure in what but the belief is their lol!

Never stop writing I have a bag of glow moths I am not afraid to drown em:p

Time2 reads friend: She really will , nod nod
Obi wan: Mercy is the jedi way ruth for the sake of the glow moths that are used to commemorate the passing jedi
Time 2 read: Mwahahahaha
Eirian Erisdar chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
This is beautiful. You don't often get to see Jedi from a civilian's point of view. Simple, heartwarming, and adorable. Especially Obi.
Waffles Risa chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
awwwwww. just...awwwwwww.
Nanuk chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
"Both girls likely would have swooned on the spot – as humans go, this particular young fellow was an absolute masterpiece. " - Hahahaha, swooned as would we all. LOL
Bant chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Very sweet, very cute. But not a sugary story with bad writing. I like it
Guest chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
So good. Perfectly written, fills you with pity for the characters