Reviews for What A Man Shouldn't Do
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Aw! This is darling and sweet! It's a shame there are so few fics in this archive. You've inspired me to actually get cracking on my piece and post it!
chill13 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Mr. Calahan takes a lot from Dusty. A lot more than the Skipper does with Gilligan. But really, a guy's got a limit!

Laundry *gasp*! Woman's work. My there were a lot of rules about who does what back then. Oooh. Now we really know why Dusty's wary of laundry, it's not because he's sexist it's because he's embarassed! I can understand undergarments but a pillowcase? Really now. But that's Dusty for you, gentleman all the way. And his reaction to Lulu's bloomers was HILARIOUS!

My. Only Dusty could make that much of an ordeal over folding a sheet.
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Hahaha too cute. I can so see him doing this. As much as I love MAG, I gotta give credit to Dusty and Betsy. Again, it doesn't matter what he's in - he's just too flipping cute.
Louise Hargadon chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Hoorah for the return of BUSTY!

I've missed these two. I would've written some DT myself but when you've got someone like you writing in a fandom, you just have to admit that nobody does it better. It makes me feel sad for the rest. Cos. Y'know. Nobody does it better. Baby, you're the best.

Where was I? Ah yes. Folding up sheets.

Dusty is now my Numero Uno (also fluent in Spanish!) choice of a helping hand when doing my laundry. I'd like to book him out on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Even if my washing machine's broken.

Poor Dusty! So willing to help, and so hopelessly destined to get everything wrong! God love him. I could just imagine the scenario he painted for Betsy about why Mr Callahan ended up telling him to go and annoy someone else.

I *LOVED* Dusty's maths question! You could almost see his face concentrating as he tried to work it out as well, and then his nonchalant, shoulder-shrugging "yeah, course I knew what the answer was, what do you take me for?" sort of response.

I also loved Dusty's logic (which only slightly less well-known but still as crisp as Gilligan Logic) about it being a womna's job to cook inside but a man's job to cook outside. Men still feel like that. "Evening meal after a hard day's work? That's your job, luv. Barbecue? That's MAN'S work! Hand me my two-pronged fork and naked lady pinny - I'm gonna grill me some snorkers!"

I love all the Betsy/Dusty interaction, they connect on such a sweet level, even though Betsy has clearly had a heap more book-learnin' than Dusty has, she stil respects him and knows that he's more intelligent in other respects than she is so they complement each other well. They're so completely well-suited, I really think they'd have hinted more at a BUSTY ship if they hadn't cancelled the show. They're older and less shy and awkward than MAG, but they're that close to that level of perfect.

I adored the bit where Dusty saw Lulu's bloomers and stood, transfixed, and a little terrified by them! "I wasn't looking!" Oh bless.

Aww. Dusty being all apologetic about the kiss and Betsy being all... "No. No. It's fine. Honestly. No trouble at all... *do it again!*... please don't apologise! Here, stay and help me... ahem... fold more sheets!"

What a lovely unexpected and fabulous story! Yet another winner. Just a shame DT is such a quiet fandom, way more people would love this story if they were ever exposed to The Wonder of Dusty. 8sigh*

Yours in whiter whites, even at a thirty degree wash...

Ell Aitch xx
JWood201 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
BUSTY! Aw, I've missed Busty. This is a precious scenario and I don't think would've worked if it were a MAG story, so I understand why it's your Busty vision. :)

Dusty was at his best here - bumbling, infuriating, adorable, hitching up his gunbelt, and being inadvertently chauvinistic. Oh, Dusty!

"What the horses do." Meep!

Lulu's bloomers! Haha.

Poor Dusty trying to fold a sheet. "But I already did that." Sigh. Dusty, just listen to the woman.

Entwined fingers! Kissing! More sheets to fold! Eep!

Props to Dusty for taking the initiative there. G Man would never be so bold and I like how you emphasize the differences between the characters. It's so easy to make them the same person, but they're not and of course you capture that beautifully.

This was precious from beginning to end. These two are just too cute for words. And, look, more sheets to fold! It's your lucky day, Dusty!