Reviews for The Ellingham Curse
TheaMama chapter 20 . 8/16
I really enjoyed this story. Both Martin and Louisa have so much trouble communicating, although she thinks she's better at it than he is, she really isn't. I'm glad there was some "talking" finally but still Martin talks in his head, if he ever said "out loud" his wonderful thoughts - oh my you would need the "M" rating for sure! Thanks for this story, I'm reading another one of yours now and really looking forward to the rest of them as well.
sz3ianne chapter 20 . 3/17/2020
thank you for your thoughtful story on what could have happened.
reisova chapter 20 . 2/28/2020
Very, very good story, thank you.
A. Ford chapter 20 . 10/18/2018
A good story. Although it made Louisa selfish. It would have been nice to see her push Martin back into his first love surgery and follow him to London.
DMLG Softy chapter 20 . 7/9/2017
Wow! ! ! What a Brillaint Story! The best was saved for last though! Nr 20 was just the best written chapter ever! I Liked the line where he thought how Joan told him that he just "have to work twice as hard"...he said "Didn't I always?...yes Our Doc always had / have to work twice at hard! Brilliant writing! I love this story tremendously! SAD that I havn't seen any NEW ones from you yet...hope it means that there's a masterpiece in progress!
Catservant chapter 20 . 8/25/2016
Another lovely story! Thank you. You're really putting Martin through the emotional wringer in this. I was taken back a bit at how you portray Aunt Ruth in this fic, a bit harsher than in the show, but then true to her character as in saying things how she sees them. She's certainly a good motor for this story. Thanks to her Lousia learns about Martin's background (love stories in which that happens). I keep getting exasperated with Lousia, just like in the TV series. Both her and in the show she keeps jumping to (the wrong) conclusions and making assumptions, often misinterpreting Martin and accusing him (I always cringe in the episode where she has the interview for the head teacher position and says she's a good listener LOL). He's prepared to give up so much for their family, she isn't really. But you provided a good reasoning for this (from her POV). They both come from difficult backgrounds, and it shows in their characters. The last scene is sad and beautiful. All in all, a story for keeping :) Thanks!
rains25 chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
Really good story!
maryjoeh chapter 20 . 8/31/2014
Good story. I enjoyed it a lot.
robspace54 chapter 20 . 5/31/2014
Just re-read ths story and I forgot how good it is. Not sure Martin would have said all those long sentences but its only a telly show, anyway. Well maybe it is really a modern fairy tale.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/4/2014
This the best chapter, thank you!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/4/2014
Louisa is so insecure, selfish , thinks she got it all right, violent temper ! needs anger management ! She needs to meet Martin halfway.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/13/2013
So Martin has to listen all the time when she comes up wuth suggestione. But when he mentions one thing she acts like a CHILDISH HYPOCRITICWL BITCH. She never lets him finish talking.

Louisa is not that great in relationship herself. I hate it how everyone blames Martin. How Louisa acts shiws that she is A LOT to blame for the state if their relationship.
Dina C chapter 20 . 4/5/2013
Just recently discovered the Doc Martin series, have only seen a handful of episodes, but I'm hooked. This was very well done. I enjoyed it. You did a great job of reflecting all the emotional content that is going on in his smart brain that he can't express in words. Good job! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Limaccia chapter 20 . 7/22/2012
Well, that last chapter made for a real sob-fest! (especially considering it's basically a happy ending). That was a great little speech Martin gave.

I had started reading this story months earlier, then lost track of it, and only got back around to reading the rest of it today - and I'm certainly glad I did.
Carmen Caine the Human Lupin chapter 20 . 4/6/2012
*gasps at screen* NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHYYYYYYYYYY? YOU CAN'T END IT HERE! I've been following from the very start and I loved it. It's a lovely story and very well written. Brilliant. I hope you decide to write a sequel.