Reviews for Casualty of Mother Nature
Tanith2011 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
That was a brilliant story with humor in just the right places and a wonderful but tragically sad twist to finish off this interesting tale. Loved the dialogue between Carter, LeBeau and Newkirk. Very cute Felix POV.
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
What a cute story, and so sad for Carter.
Glossina chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
So sad. Poor, little Felix.

LOL. He's the last one I thought of. I kept thinking it would be Carter or Newkirk, not Felix.

Please write more. I just loved it.
jodm chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
What a nice story and so true to character, especially Carter and the teasing. Love your using Felix's POV. Hope you'll write more Carter tales soon.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I chuckled all the way through, which I guess means I'm pretty heartless, eh? Great idea, great sniping among the guys, very funny colonel/dad. I did guess who the narrator would turn out to be, though I liked the red herring you put in to suggest other possibilities!
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
This made me choke up rather badly. It's one thing to kill the others, but how could you kill poor innocent him? :(
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
A tragedy of course. But from an unusual perspective with a rather interesting twist at the end. Not at all what I was expecting.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
What a great perspective to write from. You brought many very human characteristics to your narrator, his love for Christy, his friendship with Carter, etc. My heart went out to Carter and him by the end.

The breakfast discussion, however, had me smiling. Newkirk certainly set himself up to be the brunt of several jokes. My favourite line of his, however, was "Is this pick on Newkirk day or something?" I couldn't surpress a wide grin. I think we all have those days.
konarciq chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Aw... this was so sweet. And so sad. I'm going to miss him!

Loved the banter at breakfast though. That's how life is, isn't it: one moment you're joking around with your buddies, and the next...
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Very tragic tale, but it certainly had me smiling, especially when I thought of the reaction of the boys of Barracks 2 to Christy's offspring. Made me think of a certain spider...
snooky chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I won't give anything away, but i had a hard time finishing this,knowing what was about to happen. You hit me where it hurts, Jenn.
St PA chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Very nicely written. Good pace and realistic dialogue. I was sad to find out that Felix was the casualty; but, had to smile with his comment "I always thought I'd leave out the front gates, not through the pearly gates." Felix's thoughts about his new family were precious, his interaction with Carter after the accident and the manner in which he said goodbye "We'll (sic) it's time for me to move on, so I'll say good-bye now" - heartwarming. Thanks.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Very clever one shot although very sad at the end. I liked how you used the POV of the main character. At first you had me wondering which of our heroes it might have been. Poor Felix. And poor Carter. I liked the picking on Newkirk by the guys, and I especially liked Felix's concern for Carter in the end.
buggleston chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Real interesting little tale ~great usage of POV~You had me going ~poor Felix ~it really will be hard for Carter~(Liked the line "His Human friend)
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Ha! Cute, very clever. Nice exercise in POV too! You had me going there - I thought my favorite POW was going to bite the dust. Nice one-off!