Reviews for Everlasting Why
Progress
JustARead chapter 3 . 5/31
Damn :(
JustARead chapter 2 . 5/31
They meet. Curious if hes bamp why bother with all that
JustARead chapter 1 . 5/31
Boy...gold eyes? Knifed a deer?
dpennell007 chapter 41 . 4/28
Brilliantly descriptive, with an amazing plot. Your story would have been too angsty for me to read week to week, but reading it all at once was perfect. I loved it!
I did finish it! I've actually been pretty consumed by your story all weekend. It was wonderful; I really loved every word. You're a very talented writer and I'm pleased to see you have other stories for me to enjoy.

While I think I've read quite a few Twilght FF, this one was different for me. You stayed pretty close to the source material and timeline. I was intrigued at your further development of SM's secondary characters. The "Denali" sisters, in particular, were more fleshed out and I found myself sympathizing with their situation. It was refreshing to have Tanya come full circle in her relationship with Bella. I also like the difference in Jake. Rather than being a rival for Edward, he was an understanding ally.

I was especially thrilled with the last chapter in which Edward tells Bella (repeatedly) that he loves her. It was the one thing that kind of bugged me. I mean his actions certainly demonstrate his devotion and love for her, I longed tp hear the words.

It was great to get an epilogue that wasn't exactly that. I do love my HEAs, and it's comforting to know that these two (and the rest of their family) will make their way in the world and carve out all the happiness they can. It's beautiful, really.

I think one appeal of SM's series was the mediation it was on the topic of what it means to be alive; to forgive, accept, trust, and attempt to be the best version of yourself in an extremely trying (impossible) situation. Your story was a lovely allegory on those same themes-different from the text that inspired this story-but equally compelling and beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I look forward to reading your others.

~Melissa
That was one fantabulous story,that sue g rec'd out
garrigan-nass chapter 13 . 3/20
Still with this story!

I am glad that they've now had two encounters outside of the office/closet where they normally meet. I feel like if they can meet somewhere else and just be themselves that their developing relationship can move forward.

At this point, I don't think Bella suspects the Cullens' true nature. She knows there are some very odd, even unexplainable observations, but I don't think she has allowed herself to think that far outside the box.

I continue to be impressed with the way you have woven your original story into SM's. The references are familiar but fresh because of your solid storytelling and great creativity. I especially liked the chapter where Bella travels to the county courthouse and learns a lot more about her client. I enjoyed your retelling of the "outside the seedy bar" scene. I also think that was the chapter where both Bella and Edward realized they both had deeper feelings for each other.

Stopping for now. Will pick it up tomorrow. Love that this is a completed piece. Have I said that?
garrigan-nass chapter 5 . 3/19
So if you're still reading reviews for this story I thought you might like to know that your story came recommended to me by another FFn author from Sydney, Fool For Edward. She passed along the link to your story to me and I'm thrilled she did!

Your writing is really compelling and quite sophisticated. The prelude read like poetry. I enjoyed your sumptuous description of place. As a reader, feeling grounded in a place in very important.

Your play on the source material is also impressive. Having Edward struggle with his existence and be court ordered to see a social worker, who just so happens to be and sad and lonely Bella is a brilliant twist on SM's story.

I've come this far and am intrigued. I love that this is a finished piece so I can enjoy as much as I want for as long as I want.

Until next time...
Judyblue95 chapter 41 . 3/18
I just had to finish today. My company will be here soon, but this just called to me and I had to heed that call. Thank you for this story. Any adjective I use won't be enough to describe how I felt while reading it. You have given us an alternate version of canon that stands up to, and even surpasses, in every way, the canon. You had me reeling for a time, doubting the HEA. I apologize for that. Such is the power of the story. I have one question left and it came from reading chapter 40, i think. You referenced Edward's red eyes a few times while he waited for her change to be over. Did he really slip, or was this due to the fever dreams she had while changing? Was it real or imagined. You never explained that. I was just curious. I am going to rec this on my FB timeline. I read many FF stories, both WIP and completed. I am very happy to discover this, you, and the 4 stories still left up on FFn. I have purchased your book and will read it at some time. I have a long TBR list of books and tend to read different kinds as the mood strikes me. I am very happy to have found you.
Judyblue95 chapter 40 . 3/18
Like the rest of the story, glorious in it's minimalism, they speak volumes to each other almost without words. Thank you!
Judyblue95 chapter 39 . 3/18
These are HER inner fires, aren't they? She is changing...
Judyblue95 chapter 38 . 3/18
I lost faith. I shouldn't have. He's going to change her now, to save her life. Good!
Judyblue95 chapter 37 . 3/18
He can't be gone. I can't believe you'd do that to us..
Judyblue95 chapter 36 . 3/18
I can't, don't want to, predict in any way, or give my opinion on how this will all end. I'll just keep reading until I have to stop for today. One or two more chapters. I'll finish for sure tomorrow.
2,484 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »