Reviews for The sun, the moon, and the pretty little stars
Endo chapter 15 . 1/2
This story is great! It's so emotionally heavy but keeps me from burning out by switching perspectives just at the right moment. I also love the way you put so much detail into their memories and just the story in general. One of the best fics I've read in a long time. Keep it up and happy New year!
Anshu chapter 1 . 3/18/2017
An interestingly long first chapter! There was so much activity happening in there to take it in all at once. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the casual but sparking chemistry between Kaiba and Joey. Casual because they share a history, know each other from school, and sparking because there was so much brimming emotional tension in your writing between these two. Mokuba's character was fun to read. But what I enjoyed reading most was the reality that you depicted in Joey's life... how he feels nostalgic over 'good' old days, and how his virtue of self-reliance, despite the opposition and oppression from his father, poverty, and the bad but essential choices that he made in life to make money, didn't faze his inner innocence and joviality. When I read him, I can still see him as that carefree, blue uniform wearing, brown-haired guy with intense kind eyes, always ready to help and defend his friends, and get into a banter with Kaiba. That's some great writing there!
elfina chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Wow, I did not see this coming.

Okay first of all, I'm blown away by your writing style. It's so descriptive that it actually feels like I'm reading a published novel rather than a fanfic. I mean the close attention you paid to every detail was just incredible.

second I love the meaning you put behind it. it didn't feel like I was reading some cheap sex scene it felt like I was reading a man making love to the object of his affections. I LOVE THIS, reading it again was just as fun as the first time. You are and incredibly gifted writer.
elfina chapter 7 . 2/12/2017
the hetero stuff is a little... boring?

Well written but I can't wait to see seto and joey together.
KaguraSerenityOgata88 chapter 1 . 2/8/2017
pencilwalla okay so I have to respond to this as I feel like I'm being slandered. And I must point out the ridiculous one-sidedness of your argument

First of all, I have already addressed this in my chapter 3 author's note, but feel free to read it to find out how many fucks I give about people who are offended on my view. I don't say this to be rude, I say it because I cannot base my opinion off of other people's over-sensitivities and call it honest, authentic, or mature.

And I would like you to acknowledge the fact that anyone who is writing fics that makes either Joey or Kaiba or almost any character from yu-gi-oh gay is actively changing their sexual orientation. Kazuki Takahashi did not make them gay, as they had light hetero romantic interests in the show/manga. I get that changing their sexual orientation is done out of artistic proclivities but I hate when this is done for reasons I will state below, but least of all homophobia (like wtf are you on, do you even know what you're reading?).

First reason, no one that ever does this (with exception of like two stories I have ever read on this site), does so in a realistic enough way for my tastes. There is a whole spectrum of gay people who live gay lives in a variety of ways. But every time they turn joey gay they automatically depict him in the most extreme way. He is always the guy who is sucking dick in the corner and getting raped by his father and/or someone else. He's never the gay guy who got a 4 degrees, started his own business, and succeeds at life (of which there are a myriad). He's never the gay guy who would fuck a dude up for even so much as looking at him the wrong way (which is the way the real Joey wheeler would be if he WAS gay). He's the gay dude that they sell as a helpless sex slave, who hides in a corner waiting to be rescued like some forlorn damsel in distress etc. And to me once they have done this they have just changed the character entirely. Joey's personality changes, his mannerisms change, his way of talking changes, you might as well say he's an OC character you are just calling Joey. It's an incredible leap of creativity from the original character and I'm sure it can be a lot of fun to read so no offense to people who enjoy that, but I just don't. Also, I don't see why you don't take offense to the fact that a lot of people create a caricature of gay people by doing that, as if they feel like being gay automatically leads in the most extreme result. To me, that's far more offensive than anything else.

Second reason, is that I find it incredibly unnecessary and astoundingly contrived to do this. There is no need to change their orientation just to make love with the same sex possible. I don't understand that assumption and I don't agree with it. Love coming from the heart shouldn't have a gender. So I reject the notion that falling in love with a member of the same sex automatically makes you gay. A guy is not gay until he internally recognizes in one way or the other that he is attracted to the same sex. Now if you're gay, you're already primed to like dudes, that's your default setting, meaning love with the opposite sex is not even an option for you. And to create fiction displaying that wouldn't be the slightest bit challenging for me. It would not be as hard for you to fall for a guy since that's the way you were born. And it's alluring and appealing in it's own way given the way it defies societal norms, however what is even more captivating (and thus more beautiful) is straight people who have no inclination towards the same sex, however falling in love with a member of the same sex anyways. That sort of love is incredibly difficult to capture that's why almost no one attempts to even write it. I would feel the same way about a gay guy who falls for a girl. At the end of the day sexual orientation only encompasses physical attractions, it really doesn't dictate who you can or can't love. And Yu-Gi-Oh from what I could gather was not a inherently homophobic society, I don't understand why I should turn it into one just to suit your narrow view of what gay romantic strife is. Is that not the fetish? Is that not what's gross? At the end of the day the only one who is acting like gay is a dirty word is you.

Lastly I would just like to inform you that labeling this as homophobic actually belittles real deep-rooting problematic homophobia, and does more damage than you even know. Everyone thinks they are a gay martyr because they know how to yell at someone behind a computer screen. I don't know you from anybody else, so I cannot make dumbass assumptions like saying you don't care about those issues based on knowing so little about you. But until you have given to gay charities, protested for gay rights, called your state legislators, or found a more useful way in making a difference in the lives of gay people, I don't think you have the right to call someone who has done those things homophobic. In fact, even if you had you still wouldn't have that right. Throwing around the word 'homophobic' at your convenience based on your own close-minded opinion on how gays should be viewed in fiction does not help the gay community is any capacity whatsoever. You may think you are normalizing it but you are actually doing great damage. Because people will look at this and think "see? the gay community doesn't really have problems, they just think everything is homophobic cause they're insecure and paranoid." And THAT is the part that offends me personally.

Now if you have a constructive advice on how i can convey this better, I'm all ears. But if you wanna keep looking ridiculous by calling the author of a lemon yaoi fic homophobic there's really no stopping you. But I just wanted the truth out there. I'm going to send this to you in a PM as well so you know where I stand. If you have more questions feel free to message back.
Pencilwalla chapter 1 . 2/8/2017
...can this weird homophobic bullshit of "straight guys falling in love is more beautiful than gay guys" just die in a fire already? what the hell does that even mean? you want to have all the parts of m/m relationships you think are hot, but without having to actually call it gay, because actual real life gay people are unacceptable? if a male character ever once expresses romantic or sexual attachment to a woman, they cannot be gay, because men are never pressured to perform heterosexuality by an inherently homophobic society that ties their worth as men to their ability to have sex with women? bisexuals don't exist?

if you want to write two males characters as falling in love, but refuse to allow for the possibility that they might identify as being bi or gay or pan or anything other than heterosexual, that's fetishistic and gross. the vast majority of guys who date or fuck other dudes don't identify as straight. and frankly, while in real life people can identify however they want and no one gets to tell them otherwise, when you write a story about marginalized people you should consider the implications.
elfina chapter 6 . 2/7/2017
to be honest I feel like the guy joey keeps whining about is already dead. like, kaiba's ain't a detective nor is a magician, he can't just make people appear out of thin air.

Or can he?
elfina chapter 5 . 2/7/2017
lmao That therapist was spot-on. she nailed kaiba's personality to a t. I can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2016
If you don't like people changing the sexuality of the characters then why are you writing a romance fiction, where they fall in love with guys?
talyak chapter 14 . 12/9/2016
This did feel a tad rushed. I was getting slightly confused on the timeline with Kaiba/Jou :( but I caught on, just had to reread occasionally. That being said, I'm excited for it to get into more! :)
SkyMooritade chapter 13 . 11/26/2016
Well.. couldn't agree more about ur thought of politics.. shame ppl don't want to see the ugliness of this Clinton (even Trump is as bad)... especially other country citizens (even they were educated) just seeing the skin. People just ignore Clinton's dark secret (which already be a common secret) because Trump badness already OP their thought.

Weeell, I hope u finish this fic hehheh :3 So nice that some ppl still continuing to make fic of this story esp puppyshipping lol. Big thankiees!
talyak chapter 13 . 11/22/2016
Ahhh politics... it was her race to lose. Thanj you DNC...

anyway onto the story. I enjoyed the revelation stage there. Was pretty priceless :)

Cant wait for more!
storyshark2005 chapter 12 . 11/18/2016
I'm honestly so engrossed in Joey and Kaiba, I'm skipping the bits with anybody but them. So I have no opinions on the Mokuba stuff, haha.

I love Ayame!
storyshark2005 chapter 7 . 11/18/2016
"Let's get married, okay"

"Let's break up."

Love that little frame, or whatever you'd call it. It works great! I love your Seto, he's such a dick! But he doesn't know what else to be or do.

Also, loved the sex therapist- she was awesome!

Can't wait to keep reading :)

Also. Your author's notes rule.
talyak chapter 12 . 11/11/2016
On Mokuba, i would say he seems sexually fluid (i think that is the term), he goes with his heart... which may belong to Rebecca, but I don't think he would judge;)