Reviews for Comfort from a friend
lrhaboggle chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Awww, how sweet! I like how you/Cameron cheered Sally up in such a kind & honest way.
I love your belief that people only hate Sally due to misunderstandings. Sometimes I forget that & I think people hate just because they can.
cjackson524 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Very nice! Just the way someone would talk to help a person in need.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
om you are so right. i understand completely. i feel really sorry for sally. thats why i love sonicxsally. why do people have to hate sally? shes not going to stop amy from proving her love to sonic but sally and sonic are childhood friends. thats why there close. but seriously i hate the haters. when any sonic character is dis-owned. like some people think sonic as a show off and amy as a stalker but thats no reason to hate any character. there teens and they'll act the way teens do. show of, mature up, etc. some people are not getting it. thank you for making me realise this.
ghost the cat 18 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
that story was so... amazingly beautiful! I myself used to not like sally. but after reading this I feel really bad about it. I guess I never really looked at it from her point of view. my personaly reason for not liking her was because I thought she was a mary-sue. but now I do agree that it is because she dosn't get very much solo action. But now I can honestly say I am a Sally Acorn fan. thank you so much!
Clove the girl with knives 59 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I agree. Sally is not a slut. I just thought negative things cuz I loved Sonic and loved SonAmy. I wish that I could say sorry to her please tell her I'm sorry. I just really love Sonic. I agree Rouge and Sally aren't sluts. They just are themshelves
Taromaru chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I'm with you on this. Y'know, I don't even get the shipping war at all. The Sonic from the Archie/SATam universe and the one that was originally conceived by Sega are entirely different people, with different story/personal backgrounds, clique of friends, experiences and yes, even personalities. Sally is suitable for the Sonic of her universe, just as Amy is perfect for the Sonic of hers; there's no actual basis for contention(hell, I love both pairings). Both female characters have glaring flaws(people who say Sally and/or Amy are perfect do NOT read the comics or play the game), but that just makes them more relatable and 3-dimensional. No character is without their quirks, good or bad. Sally's made mistakes in the comic but that's just makes her human(sort to speak) and she's still maturing (people forget that she's still a teenager, despite being a hardened leader of a rebellion group and a princess). Those mistakes also bite her in the tail and she gets called out for it by her friends, so anyone who calls her a Mary-Sue(an infallible female character) is frankly an idiot.

I wish the Sonic fandom would lighten up on her.

Anyway, it's good to see you writing again and I hope you get back to your Bleach: Ultimate Alien fic. Until then, Ja ne!
Moviefreak523 chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
This is a nice little story, and, yes, I do agree that the hate is excessive.

Personally, I have no affiliation with any fandom or shipping of any kind. I do have interest in one over another, but it's not of an extremist level. So, when I look at many of these "hate wars," I'm thinking, "Really? You want to put this much energy into something this stupid and doesn't mean anything in the end?" Granted, the majority are teenagers so they have really nothing better to do and they have a huge bias filter and an underdeveloped discerning filter, so I'll let it slide a little because I've been there. And you know what, after tossing that bias filter out, it feels to liberating. It feels like I have unlimited options on what I could, can, and want to do.

As for Sally, I remember that in my Film Theory class, we had a discussion on Marilyn Monroe, and a couple of girls said that she is a slut, to some degree, because of that iconic image of her holding her dress down to keep her crotch from being visible while standing on an air vent. I really thought that was extremely unfair because, when you look at actresses today, many of them have showed themselves topless and being in graphic sex scenes, and yet we don’t call them “sluts” because it is accepted as a norm in film and television today. And, that actors and actresses today have more freedom in choosing roles, so they will take on different personas. Marilyn Monroe did not have that option. She has never exposed herself on the big screen, but she was sexualized because that’s how she is portrayed as, a sex symbol. And, back then, she didn’t really have much of a choice because she was under contract by a movie studio to play that image up, and she could get sued if she went against it. This is not to comment on Sally’s sexuality or anything (course, you could make some kind of connection), but to show that people would look at the situation without any knowledge, but still form an opinion that they accept as fact because their reasoning is based on their own beliefs. And, that’s very sad.

Sorry about going on like that. I just find it easier to express myself like this then orally. I do like all of the characters in the Sonic Universe. And, I loathe reading bashing fics of any kind. So, like I said before, this is a nice little story, and well done.
Potatothechao chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I KNOW! D: It makes me sad when I read stories with character bash in it.

Out all the stories I read these are the names they been called the most...

Sonic: Showoff, B*st*rd

Amy: Annoying, Stalker

Sally: B*tch, Mary-Sue

Shadow: Emo, Insane/Crazy

Tails: Gay, Smart *ss

Rouge: Sl*t, She-Player

Knuckles: Stupid, Ignorant

And for what Authors say they do these are the ones they mostly say...

Sonic: "He just a cocky show-off who wants fame!"

Amy: "She's just a annoying fangirl who stalks Sonic all day."

Sally: "That b*tch thinks she's all that!"

Shadow: "He's a Emo-Hog who probably cuts himself while yelling 'Maria!' to himself"

Tails: "He's a loser smart-ass that stays at home and fixes his 'Tornado' all the time!"

Rouge: "She problably has one night stand everyday, look at what she wears!"

Knuckles: "He probably makes out with his 'Master Emerald' when no one is looking"

People really need to get to know who a character or a person is before they judge... :(
Wandering to her doom chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I agree! I dislike some pairings such as KnucklesXRouge but I'm not gonna go bash someone fic I respect all of people pairings choixe I know some people who like JetXRouge and I like both SonicXAmy and SOnicXSally and Sally such a nice charror she shows leadership and if people hate her so much there should just play the games and stay away from the comics it really bugs me when people bash a pairing it ain't right it there choice it's like a buddy of mine here says Hating is wasting anyway good point!
LordCooler chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Ahhh this was good to read. But one of Sally's biggest flaws that you didnt point out was that she tends to blame others (i.e. SONIC :D) Either way this was an important thing to put up. I am pro Sally, and its the fans of the games who really support the SonAmy since they dont expand to the comics :/ Shame, really.

But this made me laugh and its nice to see a tribute to the most hated MAIN character in all of Sonic Fandom.

To be honest, I had a crush on Sally when I was a little kid while watching SatAM XD

-LordCooler