Reviews for For Want of a Nail
Guest chapter 2 . 9/16/2017
says who?who don't love city elf?I WILL GUT THEM!
Kal-El Fornia chapter 7 . 8/28/2013
I actually really wish they would have made a Commoner and Barbarian origin for humans, but what can you do, right?

Can't wait for Inquisition!

Great job on this. I hope you've written more Dragon Age so that I can check it out!
Kal-El Fornia chapter 6 . 8/28/2013
It always annoyed me how when you play as a Dwarf noble that the shield that they give you is some wooden piece of crap. Lmao, not quite worthy of royalty to be honest.

And that part about everyone loving Aeducan for publicly maiming and crippling his loyal subjects? I love it!

My favorite part though, the cherry on top of the chapter was Duncan. From where he was calling Tabris Knife ears, laughing at people thinking he wanted to fight, and this chapter where he's in a lounge chair drinking a margarita, his incompetence has been nothing but delightful. Thank you for this.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 5 . 8/28/2013
My favorite parts:

1. "Yes, Rica, I know, I've lived here all my—"

"You see, little brother," Rica rambled on as if she hadn't heard him,

2. Kalah, lying face-down in a puddle of her own drool. "Is that you, Rica?" she slurred drunkenly.

"No, Mom, Rica doesn't have a beard," Faren reminded her.

3. A guard had overheard this conversation. "Excuse me, but I couldn't help overhearing." He broke out a set of manacles and clapped them on the artisan's wrists. "I'm afraid that selling cootie-tainted teeth is a capital offense here in Orzammar. It's the guillotine for you, pal!"

4. etc.

5. etc.

I started this chapter with the intention of posting my favorite parts, but I couldn't since this chapter right here was just golden. The casteless Dwarf origin is tied for being my favorite origin, and I can't help but feel amused considering the little holes you've pointed out here, like how all the casteless would rather stick around in dust town then go to the surface, or how you have no choice but to enter the tournament and fight. Kudos, I'm jealous.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 4 . 8/28/2013
Like I said, I wasn't that big a fan of the Dalish origin, I felt it was boring compared to the City Elf origin and it didn't have the intrigue of Dwarven politics that came with the Dwarf Noble and Casteless Dwarf origins. This however was awesome! Lmao, I loved this. Just like the rest of this story this has been hilarious. Good job with this.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 3 . 8/28/2013
"Magic exists to serve man, and never to rule over him," lectured Knight-Commander Greagoir imperiously. "That's why I'm going to force you into a drug-induced coma, to fight for survival against a series of parasitic demons." He paused thoughtfully. "Well, that, and we Templars like to make bets on how long we think it'll take you to die. " Greagoir clapped his hands with glee. "So let's get started! Daddy needs a new pair of greaves!"

"Sorry about him," the wizened First Enchanter apologized. "I think the lyrium is starting to addle his mind. Or maybe it was the marijuana..."

That whole part right there sealed it for me. This is not only my favorite Dragon Age fic, which it is, it is one of my favorite fics. Lmao, dude(dudette?) I love this!
Kal-El Fornia chapter 2 . 8/28/2013
...I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I fit into the group of people who always made a female city elf. I fell into the cliche of the street-smart, rougish, snarky elven maiden.

Still. male Tabris does need more love.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Lmao, I loved this. The Tim Curry jokes, Bryce saying "bro", Duncan being hilariously terrible, and the fun you poked at with Elissa Cousland and how a lot of times she comes off as a Mary Sue. There is something that is kind of annoying about the Dragon Age fandom is that, well, just look at all the Cousland/Alistair romance fics that exist on here. I mean, I love every origin story (with the exception of Dalish I think), but I think it's just plain fun to see you poke this amount of fun at it.
J. APPLEGATE chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
I love Duncan's "underling" lines.
Lohr chapter 7 . 8/20/2012
Hilarious. I absolutely loved it. Though not the human noble so much. Maybe because u found the character as annoying as she was intended. I donno. But the rest was awesome.
massivelyattacked chapter 7 . 2/1/2012
This was such a great parody...so pleased to have found it.

Wonderful work!
massivelyattacked chapter 3 . 2/1/2012
"Daylen, if you keep talking like this, Irving's going to send you back to the Circle psychologist! Why would anyone look in a vase while they're searching for demons?" Neria massaged her temples forcefully. "I can't believe they made me share my Harrowing with this dork."

This is making me snort with delight.

Also, I believe that the Harrowing would have been so much more challenging had Where's Waldo been involved, OR utilized several Sudoku puzzles. Perhaps even a Tetris tournament.

The mages are my favourite origin stories...so your take on this is fantastic.
massivelyattacked chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I'm so unhappy that I've missed out on this story for so long. It's so fresh and funny.

The bit about Tim Curry...brilliant!

I will certainly keep reading this one...
Jackaroo chapter 6 . 1/24/2012
'First off, just how did you he'd be dead, and that his body would be here?'

I think you missed a 'know' in there. Also, loved the mental image of Duncan lounging with a tasty cocktail while his flunkies do all the work.
GabrielleduVent chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Ah, thank you! I was getting exhausted of seeing F!Cousland/Alistair pairing. There are pages... after pages... after pages of them, and I searched under humour. It's always amusing to see that the Cousland is utterly beautiful with loads of adjectives. Come on now, Alistair isn't exactly the best looking one in the party... so it won't make sense to have a ravishing Cousland fall for him.

I also loved Surana/Amell duo. I usually play a mage, and I always thought it odd that there was no human commoner story, and that mage origins were just lumped together. I love their sibling-esque bickering. Not to mention Greagoir... he made me crack up constantly with his hyper lyrium addiction. And Neria's pragmatism.