Reviews for Tracing Death
ColinatorGX chapter 4 . 7/11/2012
A Meiling x Sakuya fan?

Also, delicious pyromanic Koa! XD
I have no idea how you came up with this character interpretation for her, but it's hilarious.

And Mokou befriending sucessful! Thought fist-fight! And teaching her about Captain Falcon!
Methinks Kaguya will not like that last one when Mokou comes up with a new spellcard.
Meiling being all head over heels possessive and rather open about her and Sakuya was pretty fun too.

Except now he's met Flan. SHITE.
Manah Scarlet Shadowsong chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
well...that was very different. And I'm glad I proofread this.

The Pro's:Different Style of Koa, a helpful Meiling, FALCON PUNCH, slightly different Sakuya and Patchouli, FLANDRE! *cough* sorry, I love Flandre

The Con's:Let me get back to you on that...
Crazy Scion chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
I burried you thinking you were dead. Now i have to beat you to death with my shovel.

Glad your back, and keep up the good work. Though I get the feeling your main character is *destined* to live long.
Gabriel Helsing chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Oh... CRAP! That was quite the cliffhanger!

So, Jay has met up with the Scarlet Devil herself(though only for a moment so he doesn't know ) as well as the little sister herself.

And if Flandre doesn't kill him, Remilia sure as hell will, using her as a shield...

Yeah, I'd say he's screwed... right after she deals with poor Koa.

Update soon, please and thank you!
Seiei chapter 3 . 2/27/2012
RIP Large Tree. That aside, great chapter cool to see his power in action. I guess Jay will have to study up on the world more or get more of an understanding of others so his brain doesn't go into overload and snap when he look at them with his eyes turned on.

Training his body with a no nonsense wolf, that will get his body into shape, and possibly nearly break it a few times as well.

I didn't think he would be visiting the Scarlet Devil Mansion for training, especially from Sakuya, so I guess Knifes are the weapon of choice then (I was close). Can't really see Remilia just happily opening her doors and letting her Head Maid train a Human, whom she doesn't even know, since she doesn't care much for Humans. But, I see Jay's power sparking her interest since his power is somewhat, kind of, in a way, close to Flandre's power, just Nowhere near as powerful and far more limited, as of now.

Well, that is the last chapter for now, I look forward to an update.
Seiei chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
Nice chapter, I like the way you explained his power, easy to understand and I'm sure there will be a bit more to it then that.

Good to see that Jay won't suddenly pick up a random weapon and become a master of it in seconds, actual training is a good way to build up the characters.

Fighting style? Hmm... since he needs to be able to catch the target for his powers to work, I'd say hands and Sai's?

I'll read the next tomorrow, *Yawn*, All-in-all well done and greatly written.
Seiei chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Cool start, It's been a while since I read a Touhou fanfic. I like the OC so far, he's not a gray sue. And damn the power to kill whatever you can Fully comprehend I wonder where that will go?

No idea who the girls will be but I'm hoping that the ONE girl I really want will be there, no OC story I found had her yet. On to the next chapter!
DiLost chapter 3 . 2/25/2012
Might be an interesting story, the idea is certainly good though, technically speaking the mystic eyes from type-moon is an upgraded version of Yuyuko's ability to invite death huh? (though the differences are many).

One thing I find uncomfortable is the name, call it a habit but I think a more japanese sounding nickname will suit Gensokyou better, but then again, it's your story.
Wrathkal chapter 3 . 2/23/2012
Wow, an offer to sleep with Sanae... you gotta break the cutie if the chance is offered to you.

Hatate admits to being a shut-in? Surprising... but I guess she trusts him enough.

Going to SDM on Momiji's recommendation... getting Momiji's recommendation is pretty amazing though.
ColinatorGX chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
Glad to see Momiji still seems to be the most resonable of the Tengu. And also, everyone suspects Moriya Shrine conspiracies.

Not that I'd blame them, knowing Kanako. I pray for her, by the way. As ironic as that might seem.

Sanae can be scary.

And also, Sakuya is going to teach him?

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. JAY. Whatever you do. Do NOT mention the word PADS.

You WILL get stabbed, with extreme prejudice.

I liked the chapter! The first segment with the hurling and the puking was fun to read. :)

P.S.: I gots a campaign idea for you! How about one when the Lunarians decide to invade Gensokyo? :D
Crazy Scion chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
I like the way your character views the world he's in. Not sure how this power over death is gonna work out, but it looks intresting. Maybe he'll become some kind of insane force of death.
SorrowfulReincarnation chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Heck yeah! Momiji, Hatate and Kanako, all in one chapter!

Ya know, I really think that Momiji and Hatate are forgotten way too often (or just end up as victims for Aya's recurring 'scoops')... You on the other hand, depicted them rather well and involved them, in my opinion, quite good. Guessing from the fact that Hatate is actually moving around in Gensokyo, rather than being inside her own house, using her spirit photography, I believe the events of this story take place in after Double Spoiler, right?

Now, Kanako... I think your choice of words captured her personality quite well. Indeed, Kanako is (from what I know) quite egotistical, as well as devious... going as far as 'offering' her own shrine maiden to someone in order to achieve whatever she wants... which can be traced back to Kanako being actually somewhat perverted, which I think she actually is... but that's just me, ya know?

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing Jay training under Momiji... wonder what the white wolf tengu has in store for him and how hard her training will be... and of course, if the 'daily pest' will show up. And how she'll react if she finds out that her rival Hatate was faster than her.

Thanks for this new, awesome chapter.

Now then... So long!
Flandre Nightshade chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Oh yay!

Random swearing!

Cutting things in half!

More random swearing!

Think you could ease down on the swearing just a bit? Lol

Even I, for as much as I curse, don't randomly swear that much.
ColinatorGX chapter 2 . 12/6/2011
I liked the chapter! Seems like our dear protagonist is A LITTLE saner than the recurring OC wee see in other such good Touhou fics like Keys to The Heart and Average Joe in Bullet Hell.

I don't wager on it lasting much though. Common sense is useless in Gensokyo after all. As Im sure the Moriya miko would testify. :P

What else to say... ehh, oh right! Akyuu! Well, I blame the non-official artwork for not recognizing her. I've seen her more depicted with purpleish red hair than plain purple hair... so yeah. Then again, I suppose I could have deduced it was her from logic alone.

Reimu was hilariously well portrayed. Eeveryone keeps betting on the gag of her want donations really badly, but the fact that she complains about the mostly youkai visitors of her shrine is one not as often used. Glad you managed to bring out those quirks of her, as well as her "what a bother" attitude.

I would like to see our hero interact with some of the other characters that base themselves around the human village. His interactions with Akyuu and casual interpretation of her explanations were entertaining, but I'd like to see more characters, like Keine. Hope to read more of that soon!

Also, YES. I most definitely HAD to go there. You can't just set up a punchline like that and walk away, my friend! XD
Elivira chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
Wow I realy like this story