Reviews for The Pain and Pleasure of the Jump
Kaizen Kitty chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
What I liked about this story:

- the descriptions of Griffin jumping are really very titillating, they're done well, with a sense of build up. Becoming more and more intense.
- {despite the overwhelming feeling that he had been drowned swiftly and suddenly by the void between jump spots, never to emerge breathing.} This part reminded me of David's first jump (in the movie) - that scene where he fell through the ice. I think this is a very good metaphor which enhanced your story.
- {Lying, drenched, on the floor of the library, David held her tight in his arms} Again I like this reference to things that happened in the beginning of the movie.

What I didn't like about this story:
- the section about David saving Millie felt kind of random. Too short to be an emotionally strong scene, and then he just left her there...
- David and Griffin getting it on in Griffin's burned down hideout doesn't sound too realistic. There was a bomb explosion? Or a fire? The place is going to cave in...or something else might happen. Those boys could jump anywhere they wanted to (yes, okay, involves pain), but I still think they'd go some place else before doing it.

All in all I enjoyed your story, and hope you write more slashy goodness.
Rainbowbubble chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I just rewatched the movie because I remembered Jamie Bell playing a part in there and decided I need some slashy fanfictions directly afterwards :D Yours is the first I read and damn I'm pleased!

I love your idea of what a jump is like when someone else is jumping :) it just seems so logical (haha logic in a sci-fi movie? oh well) that it's painful because it's not you who is jumping, but someone else

Not to mention I positively adore Griffin (Jamie Bell is just that awesome x) and you portray him perfectly!

Instant Fave :3 thank you so much for sharing!
Zuvios Gemini chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I've always wondered if there was a feeling too. I really liked how you wrote this. :D

Well done!
xjessicafaithx chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Its so good to see new JUMPER ficton especially David/Griffin (because realy who else is there lol).

I love your take/description of "Jumping". I don't think there is any other way it could be other than painful, at least to some extent. Something that radical must have a negative effect on the physical form, right?

I adored the story (Griffin being angry about the Paladins instead of trapt in electrical wires is prefect!) I do hope you write more!

Oh my...long winded much...my apologies!