Reviews for Red Thread of Destiny
MysticBlackaLynx chapter 7 . 9/21/2014
*claps* WONDERFUL JUST WONDERFUL! I really love this ending! It's way better than the original!
tsukiaka chapter 7 . 12/4/2012
I love this story and how you've represented both Kanba/Himari and Shouma/Ringo's relationship. It's definitely what I needed after watching the end of the anime :D
gorgeousshutin chapter 7 . 5/9/2012
As a fellow Penguindrum fic writer, I love the creativity you put into the plot. Keep writing these good fanfics please!
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 7 . 4/24/2012
Wonderful. So sweet!
KanbaxHimari fan chapter 7 . 1/18/2012
I also had a hard time grasping some of the more vaguely explained stuff. Like, seriously! I can see the importance of the apple shared between Kanba and Shouma and how it was the desired 'penguindrum', but why was it named that? I also want to know how people like the Takakura boys, Momoka and Sanetoshi can change fate? And WHO was Momoka? How did she obtain the fate diary in the first place? And what up with those boxes the boys were in? Why Antarctica? Ugh, I just don't understand this show! Ikuhara is such a troll, and a tease, and a SHIP SINKER. We had KanHima and RinSho for, like what? A minute? And in the blink of an eye, we lose one to fire and another to glass shards, to which they become invisible beings. WHY? But I won't burden you with my complaints; this rant is reserved for the forums.

But this chapter was like a breath of fresh air for me, especially after watching the bitter sweet end of the anime. This ending seemed much more complete and was satisfying for my shipper heart. I liked how you incorporated the scene between Kanba and Himari at the Kira HQ, giving Himari a more persuasive attitude during her attempt to stop Kanba from doing what he was doing. And Shouma getting hysterical when Kanba kissed a sleeping Himari was just pure win! Shouma freaking out when Ringo was set on fire was heartbreaking, but good thing Momoka came to the rescue. I would have liked for Kanba and Himari to join Shouma and Ringo in the other dimension, but at least they stayed together. And what can I say? That last scene was bordering some pretty erotic stuff. You should write a separate story further detailing their life on the train...and maybe some lemon fitted into it? (wink, wink.)

My only real complaint with this chapter was that it was too short for all that transpired in the last episode. It seemed like you were trying to fit three episodes of content into one chapter. Granted, I'm not saying this in a mean way. I absolutely LOVE your fic. But a longer chapter would have sufficed, since it's the last one and all.

Anyways, nice work. And thank you for your contribution to the MPD file. I'll dearly miss reading new chapters of this story. I really will. :(
wolfnagi chapter 7 . 1/17/2012
Simply wonderful. Nuff said.
Kat-chan chapter 7 . 1/14/2012
Kyaa! This was just wonderful! And Sad! And Wonderful! Sad AND wonderful all at once! XD

Poor Kan-chan let himself fall in the dark to save his beloved; then Sho-chan and Ringo come to save Kan and Himari; oh, but Kan kisses his SISTER in front of them!; Ringo initiates the spell to transfer fate and burns; Sho embraces Ringo; and yay! Momoka comes to the rescue; Sanetoshi dies (I'm not sure what to think about that; Sho and Ringo are alive in another dimension and dating, but Himari and Kan stay on the fate train (together to have sexy times).

Wow. So much covered in so little chapters. Why couldn't the anime end like this? I would rather have had redbro and bluebro live with their loves then be wiped out of existence! Waaah! I'm stuck in a glass case of emotion!

Please make another fic like this or a continuation. I would love you forever if you did. _

Thank you a million times over, however, for writing this wonderful and electrifying (Lol) fic.
Kaldr24 chapter 7 . 1/14/2012
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all that happened on the last episode. But alas, it's all too confusing for me to grasp. But, whatever. At least Himari (from my interpretation) returned Kanba's feelings and Shouma was able to confess his feelings to Ringo. Shame they both had to die.

I like your take on the events of episode 24. It really wrapped things up. As I've said before, I would have liked for this to be more than seven chapters. But this was such an interesting story to read that I can't bring myself to be mad for the lack of extra chapters. You gave everyone their happy ending and managed to introduce Momoka in the end (and give her character purpose, other than the mere mentions the anime had of her). Kudos for that.

Sorry to read about your computer problems. I've also been the victim of a computer crash. It was like my whole world ended; I lost all of my homework and precious family photos. BUT NOW! Now I have something to back-up all my files. But don't give up writing your manuscript. You still have a chance to make things better again, just as long as you don't throw in the towel.

Anyways, it was a pleasure to read your fic and I look forward to more MPD fanfiction from you in the near future. Good luck.
ColinatorGX chapter 7 . 1/11/2012
ENCORE, ENCORE! This fic was wonderful!

I must admit I also raged a bit at the ending, but MPG, being more of a philosofical social commentary that's drive nhead by wonderful and memorable characters, is not a story that NEEDS to be explained totally.

It's something we ourselves can make sense of, and are supposed to. Which was why I loved it too, despite a few complaints here and there.
Choko chapter 7 . 1/10/2012
You ended this quite beautifully. I didn't even think this was gonna be possible, what with the end of the actual show and all. But I'm impressed that you managed to keep the tragic love thing going while still keeping the two couples together.

I'm really sad to see this end. But as the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." And "good" this was. I'm glad I was recommended to this jewel of a story. You can bet that I'll be reading this over and over again for months to come.

Would it be wrong of me to ask for another MPD fic from you? I really like your style and the way you capture detail in little description. And most of all, your characters are sooo IC I could almost swear Ikuhara wrote this himself.

If you decide not to, that's fine. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Long live KanHima and RinSho!
The Random Chick chapter 7 . 1/9/2012
I'm currently writing this during my math class, so don't be surprised if this review feels rushed and/or gets cut off unexpectedly. I'll probably come back later on to write you a better review to make up for this one.

So anyways, this was a nice way to end things. Even though Kanba and Himari are forever stuck on the train of fate, at least it's with each other.

And yay. You kept Shouma alive and now he's dating Ringo. This was more than sw
LastSong chapter 7 . 1/8/2012
Why the anime didn't end up like this? ;_; I'm so happy that Kanba and Himari are together! and Sho and Ringo too, awesome!
AliyaShirley7 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I'm new to the anime, but I've come to like your fanfic by the end of this chapter. The characters here are very in-character and the premise is original. I'm just gonna go ahead and fangirl over the romance between Kanba and Himari because isn't it just so CUTE? XD
Muu chapter 6 . 12/13/2011
Ah, so you're going the AU, route? That's excellent! I always find it fun and interesting when fans interpret and change the story their way. As long as they keep the characters "in-character", of course, which you happen to be very good at. I love what ifs and new perspectives and such. I'm really excited and curious about where you'll go with this.

Also, OH GOSH YOU MADE ME RELIVE THE HEARTBREAK OF THE FAMILY SEPERATING HOW COULD YOU! -cries-

When Kan and Sho are fighting? It was hard enough the first time! You emulated that scene so beautifuly! I just...wah.

I know you really love your bro, Kan. You're not fooling me.

Sho is just so...lonely and heartbroken, both in your story and the series. I just want to pull a Ringo and cuddle him.

You know what else though? I think Kanba is hurting, too. I don't think he likes all this terrorism business at all. I know what he's doing is terrible, but it really says alot that he's willing to go through all that just to save his beloved Hima. It's...horribly, tragically romantic.

Okay, that's enough of my babbling.

Don't rush or anything, but update soon! : D
Wolfnagi chapter 6 . 12/13/2011
This is fiction is romantic, hilarious and IC-I like it!