Reviews for Celes Ascending
dan chapter 12 . 3/28
I read it all in 4 days, I can only say(to summarize), that I love terra! she is all a love and a force of nature, the adore! I also love celes! ahhh this is the best story of FFVI that are here.

I hope you can continue it soon, and please forgive me if I wrote something wrong ... the english is not my thing :P
still... I have faith xD
Danielwain chapter 12 . 7/29/2013
Hmhm, finally an update. I would also prefer it if you updated this story a little bit more frequently, but take all the time you need. I also quite enjoyed this chapter, though I fear the part of the game for fluffy scenes is coming to an end, if my memory doesn't betray me.,,
Xesphanite chapter 12 . 7/23/2013
At first, while I was looking over my mail I almost couldn't believe that there was an alert for this. After such a really bad day, this definitely brought a smile to my face. That was a really long wait you know.

Aww, Terra dislikes her blonde hair. Personally, I like her too with blonde hair while I cannot fathom Celes with black hair. At all. And Fang! I should've known. :)

I'm curious about what you'll do with the next scene. In-game, that's when the party meets Cid and Kefka with that stint about Celes as a spy and Locke believed it. Would there be the same drama there? Are you going to separate Celes and Terra again? Are they going to find what they are looking for? I can't wait for more. I'll be impatiently waiting for more!
chinpokoma chapter 12 . 7/21/2013
This is one of my favorite parts of the game. A lot of major plot points hit. :) Having Terra there to meet her father *in* the magitek factory has a ton of dramatic potential, and I love that Fang showed up as a Returner! (Now where is Lightning at...seeing her and Fang together could give Terra an epiphany, haha.)

I'm glad you skipped the robot combat before Kefka's scene with Ifrit and Shiva, and stifling their magical signatures is an interesting trick. I wonder if that will come back again sometime, hmm.

Looking forward to meeting Cid and Maduin and most of all the scene where Kefka congratulates his double-agent Celes...dun dun dun!
KM Rune chapter 12 . 7/20/2013
You updated! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

It was cool seeing you bring Fang back. Possible that Terra will get jealous of Celes and Fang's close friendship?
Jimbobob5536 chapter 12 . 7/20/2013
Yay! Pleasantly surprised to see an update of this in my inbox.

BlondeTerra and black hair Celes huh?
JonnyHandBags chapter 12 . 7/20/2013
You don't know how giddy and excited I got when this updated. I had been thinking about this story recently and was wondering when the next update would be. Anyways, great chapter! I can't for part 2 of the Magitek Factory.
Wassermagierin chapter 11 . 3/2/2013
It has been a while since I checked out the Final Fantasy fandom, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a few new chapters which I had not read before. I simply love your writing style! Also, I like you try to work around the illogical parts of the game (I like to call it "video game logic") and make the events more realistic.

I was looking forward to this chapter most of all; I nearly forgot that you could not take Terra with you to the opera, it just seemed so natural the way you wrote it.
Furthermore, this:
"With a look of disgust she pulled out a green leotard. What was this doing in here?" - Hilarious. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought her in-game outfit was absolutely ridiculous...

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Danielwain chapter 11 . 12/4/2012
Ah, it has already been a year...? Nostalgia...
Well, I think your story had a great quality, as always. I hope that Hurricane Sandy didn't do too much damage, but since you can update again I guess you are alright. I'm really happy to get a new update and I am already looking forward to the next chapter. Well, take your time and have fun writing it.
Xesphanite chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
Finally, the opera scene! *weeps in joy* That was one long wait!
Well okay that was an exaggeration but I am really happy that you updated. I liked what you did with Siren, quite an intriguing concept. More Terra x Celes!
Thanks for the update!
Fanatic-FanGirl chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
ewww 6days without power :X
if its 6hours of no power for me, I will go nuts. (hack my family will decide to sleep in the car due to the battery)
glad things are getting better now :)
and looking forward for the next chapter :D
chinpokoma chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
How could I ever be mad about an update? ;)

Does Siren look like the person the beholder wants to see? Their personal "siren"? (Reading on, I see, that's exactly what she does - nice touch.) Too bad Celes didn't let Siren tell her what Terra saw when she looked at her, lol… Or what Locke saw, hmm. I've always liked Locke/Celes, but I also don't miss it in this story and can see a different POV where maybe they are not well-suited to each other, despite the attraction. Locke is at heart an adventurer, a man destined to travel and explore. If Celes is more of a settling down kind of person, it just would not work, and she'd be better with Terra at the orphanage post-game. It all depends on Celes character, and I never could tell if that aspect of her personality was established in canon - I don't think it was. Without knowing, I've ended up cheering for both pairings…which is not to say I'm hoping this story will stray from Celes/Terra at all. Especially after Terra's desperate flight to catch the airship as her powers slipped away. ;)

Ultros is such a delusional narcissist… My favorite Ultros moment is when Relm paints his portrait and he finally sees himself for who he truly is: "just a dumb octopus." If anything, I think he's worth keeping around for that scene; I always found it to be a profound moment, if deeply hidden in comedy. And, like most narcissists, he sheds the epiphany and returns to his self-loving self.

Oh, the Magitek Factory! I very much look forward to Terra meeting her father and Celes's reunion with Cid. I guess they have to sneak through Vector and into the facility first. Until next time!
KM Rune chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
Sweet update. I'm not sure which part made me laugh harder. Celes reaction to the failing opera or just everything in general.

Wonderful job. I can't wait for more.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 11 . 11/29/2012
I like your portrayal of Siren. Nice Setzer as well.

Looking forward to the next chapter.