Reviews for Impossible
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Hey, Rosa! Here to deliver your prize review from the RLt Green Room. :) Disclaimer: fandom-blind, although I've been reading a TON of general King Arthur/Camelot longform poetry for my Brit lit class this semester, so I'm familiar enough, I guess.

I wasn't a huge fan of the opening lines, actually-"Such-and-such sat in x location" as a first sentence isn't much of an attention getter and always comes off sounding clumsy to me when people use that template, and for some reason the first paragraph overall felt a little bit disjointed, I think because you didn't have any transition words in there to connect up some of your ideas. You did do a really good job there of setting up exposition, though, in how you introduce the premise of how Arthur came to the castle. I did a quick Google search to familiarize myself as well, but the sentence about his father (and the details you scattered throughout the dialogue) was really effective at stating the backstory without bogging the reader down and distracting from the plot.

The dialogue was great, I thought-some of my favorites were "you can't apologize for being born" and the way Kay worded his anecdote about Arthur getting scared as a child, since not only was it a cute story, but it also revealed some of Kay's personality and the dynamic between the brothers, the way he was ribbing Arthur about doing it ("your pathetic whimpering woke me") but still was clearly protective of him both then and now ("you told me YOU'D had a nightmare," plus his total lack of reluctance or teasing when he agrees to stay the night).

Caught a couple of tiny comma errors: in the second paragraph, it should be a period instead of a comma after 'no,' and later, it should also be a period instead of a comma where you say '...before Kay broke it once more.' Your wording threw me off a bit, too, when you said that Kay "favoured his brother with a mocking smile"-wasn't quite sure what you meant by "favoured" there in the grammatical context of the sentence.

Lovely piece overall! For all the above reasons, and also for your portrayal of Arthur's vulnerability in the face of his new responsibilities.
pamlin chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
I think this vignette captures the relationship between the brothers nicely. Good job! Thanks for the story!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Really sweet!
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I'm not particularly familiar with the television show, but I do enjoy stories about King Arthur, both before and after he became king.

The brotherly relationship between Kay and Arthur was really lovely. Your descriptions are really lovely and help their relationship really solidify for the readers.

Lovely!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I don't know CAMELOT, but I've read and watched enough Arthurian legend that it was easy to follow. Good characterization piece.
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I haven't seen 'Camelot' but I know the Arthur legends in many different versions, so I was able to follow this. I really liked the relationship you depicted between the brothers, and now I have to go look for this show on Netflix.