Reviews for Johnny Walker's Blues
Elise Deschat chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
fill in the blank...it feels incomplete...does Sam go back? How does he pass a psyche eval with so low of a self-esteem
Delysia chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Sorry this review has taken me awhile. I thought it was best to wait until I wasn't so drugged up. Yesterday the only notes I had was "pretty and sad and I want to hug Sam". Seriously those were my story notes. So consider that my initial reaction.

For a real review that is more complex than Fire Bad, Tree Pretty:

Ouch. This one just hurt. I know angst isn't your cup of tea but you do it beautifully. The juxtaposition of Sam both going AWOL and his needing to go visit his little sister (even if its just a stone angel) is so powerful. The way you explained the grieving process, him left basically swimming in his own sea of guilt just tore my heart out.

For a moment of levity, I loved the General Bad Ass line.

Jules screaming at him through the line was nicely in character and you could almost sens her desperation to just keep as much as the team together as she could. The fact that she sent Wordy to check his apartment made me think she almost doesn't trust herself to be alone with him, and the fact that he picked up for her just showed how tethered to each other they really are (even if they aren't together).

I still stick by my initial reaction that Sam needs a hug and possibly even a kick in the pants for worrying the team.

Wonderful, heart-wrenching work.
Tinkerpanda chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
I know you don't really like writing angst that much, but I think you are wonderful at it. It's a good exercise, pushing your boundaries as a writer. Descriptions were really powerful - like Sam's knees sinking into the wet earth. All created a very solemn and mournful tone. I like that this was his response to loss as well - it is so in character of him to run. We've continually seen that in the show - things get rough and Sam gets a bit edgy and tends to flee. At least for a little while. I like him coming around in the end, though. And that Jules is the one to reach out. They're not together but she's probably always been the closest to him and the worry shows. I really enjoyed this. A touching tribute to the fallout of Lou's death.
BabyyBre chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
:'( really good...
Ms.ZoeiLang chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Normally I am not a fan of the angst fics but I really enjoyed yours.

Though I do hope you continue to write flashpoint fics!
Shiggity Shwa chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
By far the best (and only) Birthday present I've received haha. But it's so good. So very good for someone who says that they can't write angst, you sure do it well.

I loved how Sam is always left out of the metaphorical group hug until the end when the Team wants to embrace him. And how Jules is the one to do it. I also love that his concern for her is what might bring him back.

Plus the lady on the train can kiss my bum. I hate the train and now I hate it more.

The line about Tory chasing butterflies in heaven was pure genius and might have actually made my dry eyes not so dry haha.

BTW fun fact my best friends name is Victoria Jane.

My only complaint is that it needed more Ed. ( }: