Reviews for The Last Hurrah
Faux Promises chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
Oh boy, we're getting to the considerably more insane members of the team now. Reassembling the group is gonna be a challenge for these guys.

Sounds like the next chapter should be lively. Looking forward to more, of course!

the jester chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
degroot. in an alley. by a bar. drunk off his ass. in a dumpster. :p

Doe. i have no idea. maybe mental clinic. He was just not right in the head. love him but its true. :/
the jester chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
degroot. in an alley. by a bar. drunk off his ass. in a dumpster. :p

hawktakesflight chapter 2 . 11/14/2011
I must say I enjoyed this fic so far very much. It's very interesting to see how the mercs have moved on (or not) in two years, and how realistically, one class might connect to the next.

Will be anxiously waiting for the next instalment!

hawk
Rastaban Bright chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
Is good, I like way you do dialogue. Would read more of story. Is good work.

You read that in Heavy's voice.

This sounds like it will be a bit of fun, can't wait to read more. (:
Cutethulhu chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
You know it's going to be a good story when you can read the dialogue in the character's voice :)

Please continue, this is an excellent story so far!
Faux Promises chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
Positively brilliant! Engie is one of my favorite jobs in the game, I tend to usually be that, Medic, or Spy. I'm more of an evader than a destroyer, hee.

I concur with the other reviewer, as I said before I pictured Scooty as some kind of UPS guy, but pizza delivery is equally hilarious. He'd definitely be valuable for his speed if not his professional nature. Spy would be tough to nail down as a job, somehow I see him posting an ad on Craigslist for his services as a hitman. *chuckle* That or working some horrible government job, like the DMV. Or even working at a bank...embezzling money.

And yeah, illegitimate Dr. Medic was kinda what I had in mind too. I have a hard time seeing him doing anything other than cutting people up. Maybe a coroner? Haha.

Can't wait for next week, should be great. ;)

Peachcandy chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
I can imagine the medic being some shady doctor in a shady part of town. The kind that does not ask questions as long as you don't ask to see a doctors lisence. One nearby a place where it is easy to purchase certain bodyparts.

He's like whistleing an advertising jingle cheerly while stealing someones liver and a wanted criminal is in waiting room being creeped out and reading a magazine about bird care.

I've always internaly pictured scout as a pizza delivery man. One that became a pizza delivery man after being kicked out of some baseball team for hitting all the teeth offa some guy in a fight. That's at least what I pictured his story to be like in his early teens. He just looks like a pizza delivery man to me.

"What? Nah, there's always five sodas in a six pack! What you think I'm lieing to you or somethin'?"
Murdoc's Mismatched Eyes chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
Absolutely loving this story. It's well written, very creative and everyone is in-character (and has some ridiculously hilarious job, haha).

I have no idea what Soldier's job could be, but I think it should be a job that we'd never expect from him. (Like Ivan in that bakery. XD) A traffic regulator perhaps? Like, allowing people to cross the street by constantly stop-singing cars or something? I dunno, haha. XD
GuineaPigLady chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
I am loving this story. It's such a great idea! Engie being a shop teacher especially makes me smile. Somehow I can picture it.

Can't wait for more!
Dudeguy chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Nice work. This story actually looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good. If you need suggestions, the engineer could be a mechanic or a construction worker, and the scout could obviously be a baseball player.
Emily-Of-Midgard chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Oh, this looks epic, I can't wait for the next chapter. I can't wait and see what the others have been doing, I imagine Medic as a professor or something, but that's just me XD.
Faux Promises chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Oh boy, this was great! I love how you wrote this, it's absolutely hilarious. It's fantastic when someone can stay so true to the spirit of the source material.

Hm, careers for the others? That's a tough one to imagine for some of them. You could always go with comically unfitting ones like you did for Hoovy. For some reason I imagine Scooty as some kind of UPS delivery guy, though. Now I'm gonna imagine him in that brown uniform all day bonking people with a clipboard.

Can't wait to see where ya take this! ;)

Murdoc's Mismatched Eyes chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Hahaha, Ivan working at a bakery and decorating little pink cakes; best mental image, EVER! XD

This story looks very promising. Can't wait to see what careers you come up with for the other! XD
MattsyKun chapter 1 . 11/5/2011