Reviews for Bridge over Troubled Water
AlessaGillespie5 chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
'Whenever someone was put in the grave, the sky let its sorrow pour out through a veil of icy rain'
I think that too! I found that quite odd as that may seem.

Can't wait to read the rest of this story!
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 19 . 12/14/2011
This was such a great ending to this story. Especially after the melancholy of the previous chapter. It only enhanced the sweetness of this chapter. I loved how you brought the maternity issue around again to tie that up as well. I can't wait to see what you have in store next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 18 . 12/14/2011
Well, that was fairly heartbreaking, lol.

The way you depicted the fact that it took the very real possibility of Karen leaving for Will to get all of that out. It was absolutely beautiful, making Karen's response that much more tragic. Then again, the story's not over yet, so nothing is set in stone, but for now...yeah, my heart is broken, haha.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 17 . 12/14/2011
I think this was a great example of how masterfully Karen and Will evade more serious situations, opting to put them on the back burner to enjoy the moment they're in now. Obviously with the indecision about London, but also in the adoption comment. There's clearly a reaction that Karen won't let surface; it's something that has gone on throughout, and you handle it really well here.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 16 . 12/14/2011
I finally have a tiny break from finals to read through the rest of this story! (Or better put, I finally have a tiny break...)

I love the dilemma you put into motion here. The London aspect almost forces them to make some kind of decision, although they haven't made it yet. It's great that after their casual treatment of their affair, something like this comes along to shake things up, and I can't wait to see where it leads.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 15 . 12/5/2011
Oh, damn that phone, haha. I loved how you used that in this chapter, this constant reminder that they never set rules of exclusivity. Not that an affair is about exclusivity (they wouldn't call it an affair if it was), but sometimes it's easy to forget when we get caught up in the romance, and you do an excellent job of keeping everything grounded. It's a dynamic that doesn't seem to bother them too much now, but knowing you, I can only imagine how that's going to evolve later on ;-)
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 14 . 12/3/2011
This is a great dynamic you have set up between Will and Karen. I love that despite all the thoughts of this being an impermanent affair, or not a real relationship, there are always these gestures that prove otherwise. I love the promise of more interaction with Will's family. I think this is a wonderful way to shine a light on how complicated the connection between Will and Karen is, and I can't wait to see what comes next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 13 . 12/3/2011
"Well, perhaps it is your vision of a mistress that is wrong at the end. Have you ever thought about it? Perhaps you should work on that too."

I really love this, and think it's a great idea to play with. Not that I support infidelity, but it's constantly painted as something with one meaning, when there are so many other possibilities, and I like that you brought that to light. This exchange between Karen and Grace was great. I always love when details of the affair are revealed in a way that still keeps the other person in the dark. It was a great addition to the story.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
Ahaha, the girl's night. That's one of my all time favorite moments of the show :-)

But that has nothing to do with this story...

I really enjoyed the exchange between Karen and Grace here, and the moment of vulnerability that Karen displays. You know well enough by now that I love moments like that when it comes to Karen, and you handled it beautifully here. Although now that you added the twist of Will's date, I can't wait to read on.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 11 . 12/3/2011
I really love the play between emotions here. You've set up an incredibly romantic and quiet moment between the two of them, while at the same time bringing up the issue of maternity and Karen's pessimism over the wonderful things Will says to her. It's a great way to create this dreamlike story while at the same time rooting it in reality. I think it's excellent.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 10 . 11/26/2011
I really liked this contemplation about Karen's maternal instincts. It was a great move to take something as simple as looking at a picture, and turn it into this very rich internal conflict in Karen. It also was a great reflection on the loneliness that Karen feels, and definitely puts a lot more importance on her affair with Will.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 9 . 11/23/2011
I think it's really interesting how you've chosen to use Karen's perspective as the main focus. While we can guess what Will's feeling, you're never really quite sure, and that uncertainty adds a very intriguing element. And bringing Will's family into the mix will add an interesting aspect to their connection. I can't wait to see where you take it.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 8 . 11/23/2011
I think this was a great portrayal of the very early stages of a relationship. You managed to add elements that everyone can relate to, that everyone has felt at some time or another, while at the same time refining it to fit Karen's character perfectly. I like how you touched on the assumption that marriage automatically equals spending your life with the one, which isn't always the case, and you worked on that well here.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 7 . 11/21/2011
I thought this was great. I loved the way you threw in that first ruined opportunity of a kiss; it made the impact of the kiss in the cabin that much more affecting. It was a sweet, quiet moment, and I can't wait to see where it goes.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 6 . 11/15/2011
I really liked what you set up here. That hint of distaste in Karen for Will's romantic life introduces a bit of jealousy that's definitely a window for something further to happen between them, and it's done in a soft and completely realistic way. And for Karen to reveal something as big as that to him shows the trust that's building, and I think it's great.