Reviews for The Best Night Ever
jc chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
Just looked at all the fics you have written holy hell are you writing books if not I say your more then qufiled to Do so are hell write a screenplay cause your very talented. Last things is still wow you blow a lot of the big fanfics with this masterpiece I'm going to read your sqeul as well
jc chapter 5 . 12/26/2014
Why the fuck are you not writing kid shows I've never readed something this grand in a very long while
Emmerlaus chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
You... made my day. No, my whole week-end. I can't express in mere words how FANTASTIC this fanfic is from my point of view.

For me, a good fanfic have to sound NATURAL. We have to recognize the characters involved and they should be close to the original. If they change from their original character, it must be done in a believable way. And, of course, it must be well-written and the story must be good enough to keep our interest.

In those regard, you created a masterpiece... This might be one of the best fanfic I ever led my eyes on.

The inspiration about the Groundhog Day is so subtle that even if you don't know the movie, you can still find the fic enjoyable, funny, well-written, etc. Its very rare for a crossover to be so smooth, the blending between the two original ideas is so PERFECT...

I was totally blown away... If we ever ask me for a exemple of a good fanfic, I will most probably always refer to this fanfic. Thanks again to have write such wonderful and delightful fanfic :)
P.A.W.07 chapter 5 . 8/8/2014
I loved this. Really I did and I don't really frequent the MLP section. It just had that perfect Groundhog Day feel to it yet it was entirely its own tale. I hope in the sequel we will get a hint as to what exactly caused the repeat ... though I am quite sure it was Celestia. XD

Anyway, to the sequel!
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
The Gala is tonight again? Oh my! And here I was thinking that Rarity was missing because she'd woken up before him or something and it would be a false alarm.

Oh man. Going to meet Discord. You had me wondering there, what Blueblood would do.

I love love love love LOVE the story behind his cutie mark. And the quasi-immortality of the Bluebloods, in their name.

Satisfying ending, satisfying story. Your story is good and you should feel good.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 4 . 8/6/2014
"I'll see you tomorrow, you brat!"

So hopeful.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't like heights."

Lol.

Pinkie's inner war with herself was great. As was Applejack's surprise at selling a slice of pie for ten bits. And then another. And another.

Hm... Things aren't working out entirely well, are they?

Wise, concerned Celestia is so d'aw.

That was such a delightfully childlike chain of logic that young!Blueblood had about the reason for the maze's existence.

"Next Gala, I'd like it if we could do what you want."

Aww...

Good choice of music btw. Quite enjoyed the listening as I read this chapter.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 3 . 8/6/2014
"Or her illegit-"

Oh Pinkie, how we love you.

My favorite sequence in this chapter was Applejack's, but I also really liked the exchange that Spike & Blueblood made about secrets.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 2 . 8/6/2014
The Luna scenes are the absolute best.

I also very much liked the library entrance, and "Is your mother home?"

Pacing is very good. A couple of typos but nothing to really complain about.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
My oh my oh my.

I like this.

Particular high points were his conversation with Celestia about the loops, and then the "one of everything" hedonistic feast, especially the ending conversation with Luna.

"One simply does."

Poor Blueblood. That is really terribly unhelpful.
vultraz168 chapter 6 . 8/6/2013
I love scenarios like these. Good writing.
Shiningmewtwo chapter 6 . 7/24/2013
This is amazing work, it so very well brings out how gripping it could be to be in such circumstances with a touch of humor. (I couldn't stop laughing when Prince Blueblood asked Sweetie Belle to accompany him to the gala.) His first suicide was beautiful. Even though I've never seen the movie Groundhog Day, reading this has made me desperately want to, though I doubt it could ever be as good or well-written as this. Brilliant job, thank you.
Tangent chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
I've read several "Groundhog Day" type fanfictions, some better than others, some... not so much.

None of them quite pulled off the subtle parallel of actually having a character similar to the one Bill Murrey, played - An utter jerk who, while somewhat sidetracked through many of the loops, eventually grows to become more than what he was. Prince Blueblood was an excellent selection for this role, and I have to say that you pulled it all together masterfully.

Looking forward to more of your stories! :3
DonLyn chapter 6 . 3/14/2013
Very nice. I've enjoyed this fic quite a lot. Good work.
OutsidersFanatic chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
I really, really enjoyed this. Hands down one of the best MLP fics I've yet seen. You have made me an official "shipper" of Rarity/Blueblood- but only if it's your Blueblood, because solely based on the show he's an ass.

Anyway, I thought this was really creative, original, and downright amazing. You have a real talent for writing, and your writing is really captivating. You had me so anxious to finish this, I'll tell you. I figured it would end like "Groundhogs Day" but I was still all nervous and such. You've made me see a whole new side of Blueblood, and I really like it. I'm very excited to read your sequel. Again, really excellent job. A story of this quality is, at least as far as I've seen, rare for a MLP fic and for that I applaud you. You really did make something that did remind one of "Groundhogs Day" but was yet your own. But why do I have the feeling that Celestia really was behind all this? More friendship nonsense and all that from the show. After all, every episode somepony learns something, and Celestia never seems surprised. Plus, there was that grin she had at breakfast at that fateful "tomorrow". There's something up there, I'm sure of it.

Anyway, that was kind of long I suppose, but rather short by my reviewing standards. Thanks for a great read. :)
Guile chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
This may well be my favorite pony fanfic ever.

Even more than Platinum Crown's sprawling adventure-politics feel, this tight, self-contained fic just shines.