Reviews for The Black Door
0118999881999119725.3 chapter 5 . 11/11/2015
Hey there, according to the english/mando'a translator the phrase is "prudii chaabar" - not that I think I'm qualified to tell you what the correct grammar is, I just thought if you're not sure, it may help if you run the phrase through a translator to check it means what you intend it to. "Prudiila" didn't come up as a word, though.
Guest chapter 23 . 9/16/2015
horrible story, they don't even get together!
LaLa the sad doll chapter 1 . 9/5/2015
ChaosAngel4us chapter 23 . 10/13/2014
This story was amazing. I really felt for each of the characters, laughed and cried. This was a beautiful experience and I am very glad I found it. This last chapter though broke my heart in two. Oh Canderous... I'd love to believe Revan came back to him, but something tells me she nevers truly gets the chance to...

But this was wonderful. I loved every bit of it (and laughed really, really hard at Val, Canderous, and Jolee's first meeting. And when he was teasing them in his hut about them being together. So cute!)

I will definitely be checking out some of your other works. Once again, fantastic job.
Kop chapter 23 . 7/24/2014
Loved your story :)
Mother of Ducklings chapter 23 . 6/27/2013
This story for me was like a beautiful, mad, dream of kotor. And I love it for that. The ending broke my heart, in all the best possible ways. I've been a fan of the pairing for a long, long, time, and seeing it done so well is a big part of my decision to finally try my hand at it. Love this, in case I hadn't said so yet :)
Ikaru Sentinal chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
Oh yes. Anne McCaffery is awesome, may she Rest In Peace. Dragonsinger was the first book of her's I read. And ooh joy! Finally a smut scene! Took them long enough. And wow...was it fitting. And...mm. Can you really do that with your lightsaber in the game? I so have to try that.
Ikaru Sentinal chapter 8 . 11/27/2012
I've been reading this, and though I thoroughly enjoy it, I would never think to call it a 'walkthrough'. It isn't even close. It skips all the bothersome troubles of the game, skips a lot of the conversation even, and changes it about. So I would say it follows the game loosely, but certainly doesn't outline it. It is wonderful though. Canderous is such a sexy beast. They definitely should have had him for a dark-side romancible option. And I think you kept everyone wonderfully in character, and I like your Val. My Dyna is so much darker...pure Darkside while still on Dantooine. Oh, she is nasty. XD But nice to her companions (for the most part...Carth is NOT happy with her.) And wow. Mission really is not worth the trouble sometimes. She's such a brat...but try and tell her that! Anyways, sorry for the ramble. I do like this fic, just wanted to point out it wasn't really a 'walkthrough'. :p Cause I'm a brat like that.
Tali Kuti chapter 23 . 5/7/2012
This...this was the best Revan story I've ever read. It left me in tears, literally. I'm amazed, just amazed at how well you improved the plot. To me this is BETTER than the canon version. You must have taken a psychology class or something, the story was perfectly layered, deeper than the original version. Thank you!
Pleased chapter 23 . 4/5/2012
It's an unparalleled pleasure to come across someone who shares similar ideas, not to mention writes well. :) It's a rare combination, and I enjoyed it thoroughly- the whole package. I've been trying my hand at Rev/Cand plot rich stories of my own, testing out, and while I love the dynamic I've never fully pulled it off... and there are abominably few fanfics of the type out there. This one, therefore, made my day all the more so.

So thanks :D

Funny the Yuuzhan Vong occurred to you too- even back in Kotor I was thinking it (as a result of being introduced to Kotor later than most)and it just fits so perfectly, don't you think? Some big, massive, mysterious enemy out beyond the Rim would be even scarier if we know /just/ enough about them.

Lots of your details, tidbits, though, really got me intruigued- hyperspace barrier, etc, with thoughts on that. This was a STORY, and not some two bit trash romance. This was the best kind, because the romance was part of the story, but not the be-all end all: fitting into it smooth and natural like.

You've written a balanced, fast paced, deeply involving story here. I don't usually review- too lazy!- but this one made me do it. :)

And I decided I love your writing style, too. Seemed fairly straightforward and simple to start with, but therein lies the strength and the focus on the characterization (primarily of Val-Revan, but the others too).

I liked how you added that bit of assumption on Revan's original capture. It fit in nicely.

On a last note, I can't believe you killed Mission.

Mission!

*wails*
insertappropropriatenamehere chapter 23 . 2/22/2012
I suppose I should congratulate you on finishing this story, although I'm really sad to see it end. Val was an interesting, relatable character and I really liked the way you incorporated the game's dialogue into your writing without making it seem forced.

On the other hand, this new canon just begs for a sequel of some sort. Will we ever find out what happened to the Star Forge and everyone on it?
ajaton123 chapter 21 . 2/12/2012
A very touching scene with Malak, kind of makes me feel sad for him. Your take on the Star Forge was again something totally different than what I've seen before - great imagination. I also like how all the small pieces are coming together. During these later chapters it has become increasingly obvious how long you have paved the way for certain plot twists.

Can't wait for the final chapter(s)!
ajaton123 chapter 19 . 2/12/2012
The story is turning pretty dark, indeed. But overall this is probably one of the best chapters in this story. Very much tragedy, but by writing these kinds of tragic twists (which actually require some courage from the author), you actually make the characters feel so much more significant and human than in the actual game. Well done!
ajaton123 chapter 17 . 2/12/2012
The Chiss and the Republic interruption were a clever and an unique addition. Certainly I did not expect those to happen. I like how this is getting more and more AU all the time. You're really showing your strengths as a storyteller here.

Yay, Canderous is back! :)
ajaton123 chapter 14 . 2/12/2012
I haven't read fanfics for a short while but now I'm back in action. :) And seems that I have a lot of catching up to do with this story (I'll leave a couple of reviews on the way). Great to see that you have kept your steady update intervals.

This was a very powerful chapter, full of emotion. I think where you exceed the majority of authors in this site is the use of clever, fresh metaphors. Again, a few of those in this chapter. Great work!