Reviews for Letters: The Year with the Snake
dreamerswaking chapter 12 . 14h
Hopefully they figure out what is going on soon! Poor Harry. This definitely isn't going to help him to trust adults.
Please update soon!
slyhuff chapter 12 . 7/10
i hope you update soon, want to see whate snape does to lockhart
Fanfiction4thewin-Blog chapter 12 . 5/31
i love this story so much! It is truly amazing! I hope you update soon!
spiffy2143 chapter 12 . 5/6
Fantastic story! I hope you can update soon because I really want to read about snape beating the crap out of lockhart! I think you are doing an amazing job at writing this story. Keep up the great work!
howdy-doo-dee chapter 1 . 4/1
plzzzzzzz update TT I need to know if my bbs are gonna be ok
ExplodingHippogriff chapter 1 . 3/7
I loved this story and the last one, I wish you would update soon
Comrade'sRoza chapter 12 . 3/6
This is fantastic. I would really appreciate it if you could update soon. And I love the way you have depicted the relationship between Harry and Snape.
JazyV100 chapter 12 . 1/1
Oh my goodness this is getting really good! Please update soon...
Ducky1776 chapter 5 . 1/1
What happened to his presents? We must have presents!
Ducky1776 chapter 4 . 1/1
NO! Not instant coffee! Severus would never allow instant coffee in his house and you told us his opinion of decaf.
Ducky1776 chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
I think this is the first fic I've read that didn't have the blood wards tied to the house. As long as he could call the Dursley house home, the wards would be strengthened. Nothing wrong - just something different. But doing that to poor Harry was mean!
Witchchild1234 chapter 12 . 12/6/2016
More?
Mystic Dragon chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
Not sure why the Dursleys would be put under Snape's protection considering how much of a battle point it was for Harry to be under the same roof as them; certainly, any wizard could have done it. The formatting is also gone (such as the POV changes in underlines), which makes it a little difficult to follow.

I was hoping this issue would be fixed in the sequel, as it nearly made me stop reading the first story; that issue is Harry's panic attacks.

I have Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder; I've suffered from panic attacks since before I hit my teenage years, and bouts of anxiety before that. I still suffer from them.
I don't know where you're getting your information on panic attacks from, but unlike with autism which varies from person to person (which I also have), panic attacks still follow the same general rules in every person who has them.

What you describe Harry going through is, to me, just someone hyperventilating due to stress.
Again, I've suffered through panic attacks all my life, and I have NEVER passed out even ONCE from them. I have friends who also get panic attacks; they also have never passed out from them.

There can be an element of danger they can pose; I have tripped over things and slipped in the hallway once in my hurry to flee (as panic attacks are a "fight or flight" response), but calling them "dangerous" implies that there's a far greater peril to them than just perhaps tripping over a book on the ground; I feel it misinforms the readers.
I drive; if I get a panic attack, I pull over. I take measures to try to decrease the chances of getting a panic attack while driving, as well.

It's not that it's hard for me to read a story where a character has anxiety, panic, autism, etc...it's the way it's written. If any of Harry's reactions are from your personal experiences, then I apologize (though, they sound more like just cases of hyperventilation).

I'm not on ff.n often, but you're welcome to ask me any questions you might have about panic attacks.
Alex chapter 12 . 9/29/2016
"Perhaps it was something that idiot Lockhart was keeping in his classroom?"
Ummm, yeah. Himself.
Also, please keep writing!
rosiegirl chapter 12 . 9/30/2016
Serverus is going to kill Lockhart!