Reviews for Flying through Mud
carolin93945460 chapter 50 . 4/5
I love this story, please the otra like this how to train to your dragon
Angryhenry chapter 50 . 3/17
Leave it to hiccup. Cami will see it fit and the mother will, you know
Angryhenry chapter 34 . 3/17
Yeah, i agree with hiccup though, I would follow after and apologize because I would see the reason to do that
Angryhenry chapter 16 . 3/17
Poor hiccup, never having friends
Hmmm chapter 50 . 3/4
I really loved this story up until they found out about each other. After that it was them fighting all of time and breaking up/making up, Astrid constantly running away and getting engaged only to break off the engagement to be with Hiccup and then later decide to.. not be with him.

I liked your initial idea for this story, it was original and fresh in the beginning. However... Hiccup did not feel like Hiccup to me at all and Astrid... I really disliked her in this story. She was also out of character imo. Her constant anger and annoyance was really annoying to read. Never once did she seem happy in this story. I never felt her supposed strong love for Hiccup. It felt forced and they only seem to bring out the worst in each other. Heck, Astrid acted nicer to Snoutlout and that other guy than she ever did to Hiccup. I cannot understand why Hiccup would love her for any other reason then the fact that he saw her naked and finds her beautiful. Shallow reasons.

I know Astrid is viewed as this strong and opinionated girl but I don't see her having anger issues canon wise. She does get angry at Hiccup in the movie at first but after she opens her eyes to who he really is.. she never takes out her anger at him again. Neither in the movie or on the TV show. She becomes on of his best friends and always supports him.. In fact.. in HTTYD 2, they have made Astrid even softer now that she is older and has changed her way of thinking and matured. Astrid is a sofite on the inside and she is quite girly too underneath that armor.

I give you kudos for writing so many chapters even though I could not find myself to fully enjoy them.
halobeast-117 chapter 15 . 1/22
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's hilarious!
R-dude chapter 25 . 1/19
You know I tried to trudge through this, I really did. I tried to look at the plot undertneath all the senseless and frankly retarded drama, but then I realised that this is all this story is.

Drama by itself is not bad. It's a genre that I myself enjoy reading. But if your story requires your characters to be clinically retarded in order to stand, then you're doing something wrong.

Jesus.
penleaf chapter 50 . 1/2
Okay, so these were my thoughts throughout the entire story:
Astrid and Hiccup are SO getting together!
I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE GETTING TOGETHER!
WHAT? They can't CALL THE ENGAGEMENT OFF! NOOOO!
What an awkward situation.
GO DIE, WHYTE!
HAHAAHHAAHA! I KNEW THEY WOULD GET TOGETHER!
GET YOUR NOSE OUT, HEATHER! NOSE OUT!
I told you.
Anyway, awesome story.
thisisaperson chapter 50 . 1/1
Wow. Just read through the whole thing, and I've got to say, you're an amazing writer. Enjoyable plot and I loved how you incorporated dragons into the plot.

Astrid, oh jeez... Astrid really got on my nerves. I guess I kind of understood why she would act that way, given the time period, her upbringing, and her personality, but she just really, really annoyed me. However, I liked the fact that you made your narrator like such.

Reading this fic was a lot like reading Jane Austen. A fic with a quality like this one is really rare, especially in this fandom. Thank you For dedicating so much to the story.
Senshi of Earth chapter 50 . 12/19/2013
So...I just read through the whole story and I have to say I found it very...frustrating.

You are a beautiful writer who created a fantastic plot...but Astrid just made me so...angry. I guess I was unfamiliar with drama...and man there was enough drama and angst to make me struggle through them. I wish maybe there was more backlash from Hiccup...but I appreciated the romance development.

That being said...the dragon concept and character creation was fantastic...and I'd love to see a fish legs/tuffnut story in the same timeline... and maybe ruffnut and heather? Either way...love the reactions you pulled out of me on this story...being frustrated is great because I stayed attached to the relationship! Thank you for this story :-)
Baddestboy chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
Man this girl's got GALL... good story concept. Really interesting.
kanor chapter 34 . 10/30/2013
Its way to cliche what youmdid making hiccup and astrid makeup and i and i tink everybodyelse will brand hiccup stupid if he just forgives her like that i mean she freakin' toyed with his emotions
hootowl chapter 33 . 10/18/2013
I do agree. Astrid is a total bitch through this whole story. It's kind of pissing me off.
JLdark chapter 15 . 10/14/2013
Great chapter can't wait to see their reactions, your story get better and better each chapter.
JLdark chapter 4 . 10/14/2013
Well this story gets better and better as I read, I never tought you would put the dragons in a that era I tough they would be horses or wolves, in glad you kept the dragons on the story.