Reviews for Superstitions
SO8IGH'WEP4IHTGNJLW chapter 1 . 4/23/2017
I love it when writers allude to the brick...Thanks for the story! Javert is my favorite, and it's so refreshing to see him so clearly in writing!
Sunfreckle chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
I absolutely loved this. Really well written and funny, but believable. I think you captured Javert's tone very well.
roadworkahead chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
Sassy Javert is the awesome Javert. Because he's magical.
CrissKenobie-the-Numenorean chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
Javert! You Gipsy! Gosh... The last part of this story definitely was a closing I will never forget! Wonderful story!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 4/5/2015
This is a really great story - such a solid glimpse into Javert's life of police work and the superstitions that he has to deal with. Wonderful work, and the brick joke at the end was a perfect touch!
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
Oh, I see.
You put a brick joke in there.
Well I hope it was amusing to you, destroying the lovely logical Javert image I was getting from the story so far! (It was pretty amusing to me.) But the best part was the beginning, I think, just Bigrenaille's awkwardness at sitting in front of Javert. Wouldn't anyone feel awkward sitting in front of Javert?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
"Oh, and mind the brick!"

And suddenly a book with the words Les Miserables written on the front fell from the sky, landing right on Bigrenaille's head.

"Oops," said an overly enthusiastic fan girl as she hopped back in the TARDIS, whistling innocently.

"That brick," said Javert.
TheWildHeffernan chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This is great. I love the way you write Javert!
TheLawrIsNotMocked chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This is Javert is always so this he manages to be sinister,charming and 's priceless.
athousandwordsdaily chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I'm just sitting here grinning like an idiot now. Sassy Javert is the best Javert, oh my god. That aspect of him always gets ignored in fic and adaptations, and I love that this is just full of it. *grovels at your feet*
drcalvin chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
*dies*

*iz dead*

Brilliant!
SengaWolf chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
BAHAHAHAHAHA
THIS STORY MAKES ME HAPPY
Belphegor chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Ah, pauvre Bigrenaille :D I really love the dark humour of this story, and Javert's deconstruction of Bigrenaille's superstition makes the ending even funnier than it already would have been :o)

My only nitpick is the use of "buddy", which is an anachronism (the words dates from 1850) and (but this one is my personal opinion) a bit of a departure from the tradition of translating Les Mis into *British* English. I'd go it with "mate" and the age-old copper's phrase "You're nicked, mate!" But maybe it's just me :o]

Great little story!
Kimmeth chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
FINALLY! My internet stopped dropping out for long enough to allow me to review! Thank you, Lord of the Internet.

Ahem. Review: In short, I am still sniggering.

"Watch out for the brick."

That's nearly as good as "perhaps you'd like to borrow my hat". Ah, I love Javert when he's being himself.
Theycallmebelle chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Hahaha. Brilliant! I love your take on Javert, I think that it fits him perfectly. Thank you!