Reviews for Defensive Wounds
mmkbrook chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
If I was Ziva, the most appropriate thing I would say to Tamir is ala Dirty Harry "make my day". This is going to be very hard on Ziva.
USAFChief chapter 9 . 6/7/2012
I really did enjoy this. I appreciate your take on how Ziva would handle the situation. You wrote it very well.

Thanks for posting it here for us to read.

pdf
Amilyn chapter 9 . 2/20/2012
I like the ending you've given this, where Ziva finds that she can still have compassion, as Tamir did, and still hate him for hurting her. I like the thought that went into your perspective on Tamir's assumptions about Ziva's coworkers and his inability to understand a culture so different from his own. I LOVE the subtlety of how the team reacts to and comforts Ziva without crossing the lines that matter to her, how she accepts the small gestures, and that meeting around those lines is enough. Well done.
dvd123 chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
Part of me knows that Ziva not letting it all out is what she would probably do, but the other part of me, and unfortunately the stronger part, is a bit frustrated that she didn't. The ugly truth of it, she keeps hidden, and honestly it hurts my heart that she really is in a way defensive of him.

I personally don't care if he was kind to her before and kept her sane, because that little trust or whatever you want to call it that she managed to have while being held prisoner to be taken away by of the same person most likely scars her the most. :(
dvd123 chapter 6 . 2/8/2012
That's it. I bursted into tears! *hic hic* Darn you for killing me with all these emotions.

Love the Abby and Ziva scene with hardly any dialogue.
dvd123 chapter 5 . 2/8/2012
This might be my favorite chapter as well. This chapter gathered tears at the corner of my eyes. That fear you depicted on Gibbs was so real.

And I love Ducky. Always so gentle and insightful.
dvd123 chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
Can definitely see Tony's blood boiling when Tamir won't stop talking about Ziva.

The way Tamir says it so tauntingly makes my own blood boil.
dvd123 chapter 3 . 2/8/2012
Like how McGee was trying to find out what the words translated into, and how tense he was when he was talking to Ziva. Exactly how I would've imagine him reacting.
dvd123 chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
I'm glad that Gibbs didn't try to push her harder.

I am in love with this line:

"It's like there's poison inside her, and she's holding it in, letting spread and infect her, instead of spitting it out like she should."

That description is hauntingly beautiful and makes me sad.
Alidiabin chapter 9 . 1/1/2012
I can't see her blabbing everything to them. She's to private. She's built too many walls around herself.

Wonderful story. Lovely.

Well done.

Happy 2012
HAZMOT chapter 9 . 12/19/2011
Being a recent fan of NCIS. I'm a fan of all the characters, but Ziva is my favorite, along with Tony. You have really distinqueshed where Ziva comes from and how she was silently affected by her torture and attackers. You see how she was trained in her culture to keep rape a secret or be blamed for it and considered weak and ostricized, even to the point of death. Certainly she was affected by the Rape and seeing Tamir as one of the rapist still alive opened up some buried wounds. You have to give Gibbs and his team credit for allowing Ziva to open up on her own terms. Ziva has always been like a daughter to Gibbs, and certainly Ducky had the solution for Ziva's pain. The last scene with Ziva finally addressing her rapist and knowing she has true friends and family at NCIS, strenghtens her resolve and makes her pain a little more bareable to carry. Excellent story. :D
rubiesandrain chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
I loved this fanfiction-you did a great job!
mon-petit-pois chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
What the heck you're done? No! You have to at least let us HEAR Tamir and Ziva's full conversation!
M E Wofford chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
I really wanted to see Tony beat up Tamir

but this was a wonderful ending too.

And it's in line with Ziva's seemingly new outlook on life...leave vengeance behind and seek to live your new life free of such things.
Kew121 chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
For me, this last chapter highlighted how Ziva had to acknowledge how much she had been hurt in order to score a victory over Tamir. That feels very full circle and appropriate. It was a very satisfying ending. Brava, Rebecca.
104 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »