Reviews for Then We Shall See Face to Face
Freyr Nidhogg chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Lovely lovely! As Aiselne already said: Wonderful story about our dear URTVs. I enjoyed the back and forth discussion between Rubedo and Albedo. They are just such a great combination. One hot headed and vulnerable, the other invincible yet a crazy crybaby (I imagine him to sulk a lot). I would love to read more about them. Good work!
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I adore young U.R.T.V. stories such as this. So cute, and so true, too. . Having the story flip between the boys' pasts and Jr. and Albedo's post-Episode 3 arrangement was a great way to compare/contrast how the past fifteen years have transformed their relationships.

Considering the brothers' pasts, it's a treat to read stories about Rubedo, Albedo, and Nigredo finding some semblance of "normalcy" in their childhoods. It doesn't surprise me that Jr. tries to hold on to the happier memories, while Albedo more easily recalls the bitter ones.

The childlike wonder in this one-shot was spot-on. Typical Rubedo; being the stubborn, curious leader roping Albedo and Nigredo into little sneaking-around missions. I especially enjoyed reading about them sneaking into Citrine's ward. It doesn't surprise me that the boys would be curious about the female types, especially after being segregated for most of their lives. I can definitely envision a scenario such as that happening in the U.R.T.V.s' pasts.

All in all, I enjoyed this story very much. It nicely brought out the U.R.T.V.s' innocence, while still incorporating the darker realities of the boys' existances. Plus, I liked how Jr. & Albedo's present relationship hadn't automatically gone "happily ever after" following Episode 3. No doubt, the twins still have many issues to settle, but this story's ending leaves a very realistic/hopeful feeling that Jr. and Albedo will find solace someday. _ Cute, bittersweet...this one-shot packs so many juicy U.R.T.V. emotions into one fun package.