Reviews for What The Future Holds
michiru7422 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I keep coming back to this story. I read it just after you first posted it, and it just haunts me, man.

The first thing I thought when I read this was how real it felt. All throughout the episode, I kept expecting them to announce that Melanie was actually a real psychic.

The second thing was that I really like the outsider perspective that you give on their life. The kinds of things she says are the very things I want to say to them all the time!

And the last thing I wanted to say is that last scene. That last line haunts me. "He is smiling." But I also think it is SO true. That last scene always makes me want to cry. I also think it was very fitting (although quite nearly sacreligious to me) to have the accident happen in the Impala. And after last week's episode... the more I think this scene or some scene like it is probable in the near future.

The only question I have is that Sam is conspicuously absent in this story.

But seriously, awesome story!

Creepy (in general and in its realisticness) but awesome story!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
This is a chilling picture of the future of Dean.
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Oh...WOW! Well I finally watched 'The mentalists' and I loved it. This is so...just...my goodness. What a creepy, sad, disturbing look into what could/might happen if Dean doesn't get rid of the toxicity swirling around inside of him.

Great job my friend!
moonligtinparadise chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Short, but amazing! :D I really loved 'The Mentalists' and hoped Melanie did read something in Dean's palm. Good job!
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Dean smiling in a car crash? Maybe 'cause he went down with baby. She does miss him...Sad n sweet little story.

write on!

PS: Bonus points for using SAT words: iota
moik71gmail.com chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Wow! I really wanted to hear more about what she saw as well. You're ending blew me away and it was strangely comforting. This was really well written!
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Oh goodness...maybe it's inevitable but I hate to think of him alone, in pain, afraid. Wistful and sad.

Bev x
phantomphan2000 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This is tragically beautiful, really. The episode was great, I loved Ellen's message to Dean! :) And I really do think she saw something of his future, and what you describe is so heartbreaking and bittersweet... But I truly love this!

Great job!

phantomphan
OpheliacAngel chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Fantastic writing, the ending was especially haunting and beautiful :D
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
That would be the way he'd like to go out...with his 'baby'

sighs

It's too bad the show won't really address the emptiness that he is harboring inside. I never bought the idea that he thought himself worthless, he's selfless, to an extreme level...dangerous level if it means giving up his life.

But sadly no one can tell him he is valued, that kind of comment just rolls off him. He needs to be shown, god knows how, he's only got Bobby and Sam left in his tiny family and both of them are a bit too preoccupied right now to spend the time to show Dean how much he is needed, cared for and (yeah) loved by the two of them.

Guy could sure use a hug.

You really captured the sense of time suspended between Dean and Melanie when she held his hand and he did have that momentary look of hope ghost across his face. He needs to have some good news for a change and you could see that he was nervous about what she might actually see.

Good job!
primadonna cat chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Wow that was good. And the end! Wow, powerful.
Lbdba chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I am so glad you wrote that. I thought it was very well done. Like you, I loved the episode and when the museum guy gave him Ellen's msg about letting someone know how bad it is, I was thinking maybe the writers of the show have something planned with regards to something happening to him because of not telling anyone how bad it really is.

Always love your stories.

Thanks!

Corina
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Very, very good. Love it!
gr8read chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
That look in his eyes when he said 'Its not like you can tell the future, right?'

You have managed to give us the alternative we were all holding our breathes for until she says 'Well, the answers hazy'.

Nice, nice job on this.

Favorite line: "He is smiling."

Thank you for sharing your time and talent.
winchesterlove94 chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Holy crap...That was so horribly amazing and heartbreaking at the same time! Great job!