Reviews for A Study in Wedlock
Skater chapter 98 . 2/10
Thank you so much! I love the ambiguity of the chapter! Kitty's death: accident? Suicide? Something else? The baby boy's future unknown! Will Sherlock completely condemn him? Forget about him? Or have a change of heart? Watson is again torn between the two worlds. Overall, it was a great ending! I hope you write more stories here in FanFiction!
Riandra chapter 98 . 2/11
I wasn't going to write a review to start with - finishing the last chapter, I was in floods of tears, deeply upset that the story hadn't ended more happily and annoyed at myself for getting so worked up in the first place! But that is why we write, I guess, to take others inside the world we imagine and make them care for the inhabitants as much as we do. I did enjoy the story very much, despite the sad ending. I have to wonder what you imagine happening afterwards, though. Will Sherlock have a change of heart later and take a hand in Sheridan's upbringing? I have my doubts that he believes Kitty killed herself - if he'd read her diary, that would have told him that if anything, it was Mary to blame for Kitty's death. I never thought I could hate anyone's version of Mary, but after reading about her dripping all that poison in her 'friend's ear... motivated by jealousy or not, this is not the conduct of a woman who wants a married couple to stay together! I'm not surprised that Sherlock wouldn't let the Watsons adopt the baby.
I guess that's why I got so upset at the end - not so much that Kitty died, but that the baby wasn't given more of a chance. As the mother of a son with autism, I understand completely the fears and heartbreak of every new parent who realises the life-long challenges that their child will have to face - and that's in this century, where we understand so much more about conditions like autism and Down's Syndrome! I can only imagine what it must have been like for Sherlock. Learning unconditional love for a son who could never live up to such high and ultimately meaningless expectations would have been hard enough even with his wife helping him.
Anyway, thank you for sharing this, it was beautifully written - I hope you're considering publishing!
ShirleyHolmes chapter 98 . 2/8
I know story's don't always end happily but this was just downright depressing.
E chapter 96 . 1/31
This is the most depressing story I have ever read.
Oh boy! What a cliffhanger! Of course that would happen to the poor child. Now Holmes will probably do something drastic, unless Kitty runs away with the baby first! Haha!
louisethelibrarian chapter 96 . 1/27
Oh my goodness! That was unexpected! I'm not sure how Holmes will react but I know kitty will be a wonderful mom to him.
louisethelibrarian chapter 95 . 1/21
Oh my goodness! I'm exhausted, and so worried for our heroine! Does Holmes care for her at all? I almost want her to leave him and for him to never see his son again! Please update again soon!
SecondaryPsychopath chapter 94 . 12/20/2014
God this just keeps getting better and better!
Guest chapter 94 . 12/15/2014
Oh my god! That was intense! Sherlock can be so cruel! Please update soon!
Guest chapter 94 . 12/14/2014
NO! Please! Kitty has suffered so much sh happiness! Please don't take her baby away from her :(
I hope she can fight through this and survive and please let Watson be successful. I'm sad this story is coming to an end but it's been a crazy amazing journey. Just please don't let kitty suffer anymore. Please?
VSouthA chapter 94 . 12/13/2014
For God's sake, this chapter is the saddest chapter so far! I'm really sorry for Kitty and Holmes too. Now you let me afraid about the end of this fanfic. Honestly, I just hope you don't kill Kitty (despite the possibility be quite possible, please don't be so bad with her, she suffer during almost all this fanfic and deserve unless a good final). And there's more: no one even ask to Kitty about her decision? 'Cause I have a guess that she'll choose the cesarean, even she aware about the risks of die in the process, but I think she'll choose the child instead herself.
And after all this Holmes's reaction, now I really want a girl! And a ginger girl, by the way! Or perhaps two ginger girls (it will be the hell for Holmes!), despite I discarded the option of twins. It will be very difficult to Watson make a cesarean of twins. Eventually he'll accidentally kill one of the children during the process.
And congratulations for you, by the mention of the cesarean. It's impressive how a procedure so popular in our times was very unknow and difficult to do in the past. And I liked the details about Kiity's suffering. I'm sad to know that only rest 5 chapters. Certainly I'll miss the fanfic. But thanks for all your attention.
Guest chapter 93 . 11/16/2014
I love the interaction between Fanny and Mary! Can't wait for the baby to be born!
VSouthA chapter 93 . 11/14/2014
I'm really glad for your return. And as usual, you surprise me again! I love the insertion of Beekeeping in the life of Holmes. I never imagined that Holmes would know the Beekeeping through the niece of Kitty. And finally the baby is coming! I am anxious to know their gender - or even if it's just a baby, they may be twins. I'm happy but sad at the same time because I feel that is ending. It would be wonderful if you write a sequel, I really admire your way of writing.
Thanks for posting!
Guest chapter 93 . 11/10/2014
Eeeek! It's coming! Great chapter!
Guest chapter 93 . 11/10/2014
Receiving an update on this story this morning made my day. Wonderful chapter. I love Frannys enthusiasm about the bee's. She's such a passionate character. As for Kitty... I cannot wait for the next chapter! I hope you update soon!