Reviews for Climbing Mountains
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I like the way it happened in the show, with Anna putting her foot down, but I love this much more! It's lovely in every aspect.

First of all, John's breakdown was heartbreaking to witness. Of course he'd feel all of those things, and the thought of him crying just broke my heart.

Anna's analogy about the mountains and climbing was beautiful. It was a really poetic way of looking at the situation and I agreed with everything you wrote. And it was worded so beautifully too, and really helped to get Anna's romantic notions across. I also love her anger at the situation and, in part, at John for being so willing to give up. It's completely understandable behaviour. And I also love the way that she assures John that she wants to be with him no matter what. The raw emotion in the exchange about swinging from the gallows made my eyes tear.

The proposal scene was so beautiful, much better than what we got the first time around! Seriously, it was absolutely wonderful. And the most lovely scene of all, for me, was the part where he unbuttoned the top of her dress so that he could pull the chain with the ring out. I also enjoyed the extra information about the Claddagh ring - I didn't know the symbolism of it before reading this, and it makes it even more romantic.

So yeah, absolutely great story. I wish we'd had a scene like this in the show!
NefretForthEmerson chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I love, love this. If only Julian Fellowea has let them be this way... I want baby Bates!
MuchTooHighACost chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
The Claddagh! I died. Too perfect for words. I really love what I've read of yours so far. Nice job, you know both their voices very well:)
Brette O'Connell chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
What a marvelous story! I loved every line.

Climbing mountains is a perfect analogy for love and relationships.

You always manage to keep the characters true and credible.

Keep up the wonderful work.

It is such a pleasure reading your stories.

Thank you for all your hard work!
FlamingSkies chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I love this story. I'm not usually a huge follower of Anna and Bates (I'm scarily obsessed with Sybil and Branson) but I think this is a lovely piece of writing. You've captured them brilliantly and stayed so true to their characters. Are you sure you don't write professionally? You should!
augrah chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I'm just trying to catch up on the A/B stories and this one was really lovely. You really captured both of them so well and I am all for anything that brings them happiness. *hugs*
PBCD chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This is so lovely!

I so wish we could have seen this on screen-the way he cares about her, they way she knows him, and especially the way she can bring him around. We never actually got to see much of that, and it would have been such a treat, as it was here.

I LOVED this line: "Not only his touch felt good, but also the perverse knowledge that he would be as miserable as her if they ever parted." It so perfectly captures how grim and desperate their situation has been that she can take a small comfort in knowing she does matter to him, even in that horrid way. My heart just breaks for her.

I also really liked their frank works about a potential execution-it was almost...romantic...if that's somehow possible?

It's so sweet he wanted to offer he a proper proposal, and I think everyone is looking forward to Friday!

Very well done! I hope you keep writing!
scaredofwriting chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
*sighs so loudly she hopes JF can hear!*

This was beautiful and heart breaking and so Anna and John.

We have missed their loving dialogue and looks this series and your piece makes up for all those horrible angsty moments we've had to sit through.

Please let something like this happen. I need Anna to have lots of Bates!Babies!

jjbird chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Nicely done and acutely observed. It's stories like this that I wish could see on screen. That Fellowes should be paying more attention!
anna4bates chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Love it! Cute story, let the angst be over now! Cant wait for that photo to come true! I await the happy ending! )
SyfyRomantic chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
awww, that was perfect. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode to see what happens. I hope we get a plethora of A/B moments to make up for the lack of loving dialogue between the two of them.

Thank you for posting!