Reviews for The Damage We Do
Merlocked18 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Christ! The angst of that. Fetch him back, indeed...loved it.
sapphirescribe chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Ohhh! I don't know who I feel worse for, Arthur or Merlin! Sadly, I see this as much more realistic than so many other "options". Sigh.
aa.fic chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
What have you wrought? My babies! Why did Arthur make this terrible mistake? And then Merlin, he...

I absolutely adored the way you showed Arthur's desperation to bring out the passion in Merlin he knew was there, but Merlin wouldn't permit to show. And the element of selfishness in Arthur's continuing in spite of the tension between them is strongly metaphorical of his neglect of Merlin's feelings at his marriage.

It hurts!

sanctuary-in-dreams chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Aw. :( I hate fics like this - always so depressing! I liked the fluency of your writing, as well as the poignant moments between Arthur and Merlin. The conflict was very well illustrated, too. Cheers!

Satary chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
great job! and i would love to read more if you are willing to write!
Trust Her She's Weird chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Oh my, This was incredibly believable. I have to admit that I find it hard to emulate Merlin's feelings, but I believe you managed it well. The perfect combination of duty mixed with longing and reluctance. Mixing up a pretty tasty concoction. Thanks for sharing this with people like me, who read fanfics in their spare time.

lilithaofsherwood chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
that was so sad.
Isabellec chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Ooh, very nice. Very concise and powerful with so very few words.

I have Gwen issues too, so this worked for me on many levels!
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
"This thing with Guinevere had caused more damage than he had anticipated, had struck a deep blow in something Arthur had always believed the most solid thing in his life."

Aggh. My heart! You packed a lot of emotion in this short little piece. Duty vs desire. And I fear if Arthur brings him back, he'll truly lose Merlin. Can't Gwen just run off with Lance and let Arthur and Merlin live happily ever after? LOL. Loved it. Thank you.
OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 11/6/2011

This is just terribly sad, but rang very true to me. It's the paradox of the show, imo. Is what Arthur thinks is 'right' for Camelot what's right for Arthur? Clearly not, as you've so eloquently shown. If it weren't for destinies forever intertwined, I'd worry that Arthur is doing too little too late in sending Gwaine to fetch Merlin. However, I choose to cling to the hope that Arthur will *eventually* come to his senses and stand for what is truly right for them all.

Beautiful job on this!
superbored85 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This was so sad yet beautifully written. I really felt for both Merlin and Arthur.

Good luck with the beta hunt.
mamdi chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
My heart is racing! Holy cow. this rolled over me like a storm. I share your Arthur/Gwen issues. There's something so tragic about love betrayed by laziness - a failure to do what it takes to protect what's important. In my head version, just as in this version, Arthur's feelings for Merlin are intense and unmatched. And yet he doesn't have the courage to do what he should. He still can't let go, though, and Merlin's pain is palpable here even as Arthur is mostly blind to it. Perhaps not blind, but he's not willing to protect Merlin from the pain, either.

This is beautiful and intense and I love the way it ends. I want more of it, but I also love leaving it there.

And finally, you sneak! i didn't see you mention this...just found it in my inbox before bed.

xx m.
xXMistressMadHatterXx chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Wonderfully heart-breaking.
amandac3 chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Well then... Sigh... I'm not sure if I should be turned on or sad? Hmmm... Can I be both, is that a possible combination of feelings? LOL! Guess what? It was amazing as usual. Are you sick of hearing me say that yet? I have still not gotten the balls to venture outside of Twi fics, except yours of course, and I really have enjoyed all three of them and will look forward to more from you. OH! And your multi-chap fic too, YIPPEE! :-)

Thanks for sharing!