Reviews for Diary of a Dragon
Mizz Loon chapter 26 . 1/17
Oh I can't wait for the next chapter, this story is so much fun to read! Please write more chapters soon friend, chow for now.
One percent chapter 26 . 10/26/2014
That was brilliant, from the first word down to the last one! You simply are a genius!

I am always amazed at how Filia's decisions sound so logical when SHE says them but completely ridiculous from an outsider's perspective xD

Had we not been in her brain, her actions would have seemed lunatic at best! Which is why it is a miracle if even Xellos can read 10% of her thoughts.

Oh his enigmatic speech sure was interesting. And at least he does not seem to fool Filia. Maybe, just maybe, she fell into that routine with him because it was part sincere

Oh I love it, please more!
marithlizard chapter 26 . 9/7/2014
This and Diplomacy were both fun reads, thank you! I hope you post more someday.
SlayersScribe chapter 26 . 5/31/2014
I started reading this story a short while ago, expecting it to be just a straightforward retelling of Slayers Try from Filia's perspective, and I've been pleasantly surprised - and (admittedly) hooked. I love the extra encounters you've thrown in and the way you write Xellos and Filia perfectly. You don't make them out of character, instead you explain their developing relationship in a very believable, in-canon way. See, it CAN be done! Bravo!

I hope you'll continue soon because this is such a well written story and (being hooked) I'm anxious for more. May your creative muse be good to you! I'll keep checking back for updates.
AnonCommentFairy chapter 25 . 11/17/2013
You called Gourry "Miss Gourry" in this chapter (right when Lina is smacking Xellos on the head.)
PsychoSongstress chapter 26 . 9/9/2013
Ah! From the introduction from Filia explaining how wonderful of a day she had, and all the Disney similarities... I have to say I had a good time just reading about Filia's good time! XD If that even makes sense XD

(You have to get a souvenir mug! It's a must!)

Hahahaha! I love where Filia explains that only children could fall for the marionettes and costume actors... I'm looking at YOU Lina Inverse!

Somehow, no matter what, it always goes back to Xellos. XD

"Don't interrupt our space exploration!" XD

Aw! I can just see Filia in line with a bunch of kids for 'Clarabella's' autograph! Why does she have to be so cute?! XDDD

Hahahahah. I love how she is ranting about Xellos, and for once he really didn't do anything hahah.

Oh-ho! I was wondering if he would make an appearance. XD He didn't disappoint me... and of course he would want to make sure she is okay too... even if he wouldn't admit it. XD

I bet Xellos wasn't expecting her to bring up the backstabbing... I bet he was half expecting to see her relieved that he was well again. Hahah XD

Ah! The tea cup ride XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
cyberimp6 chapter 26 . 9/7/2013
Tiny grammar quibble: I think you want "piqued her interest" instead of "peeked her interest" (those nosy French keep intruding into our language). Otherwise, yet another nicely done chapter. Especially good was the line "…Xellos needs to stop insinuating himself into these journals when he's not even really the main topic."
PsychoSongstress chapter 25 . 8/18/2013
ALL THE EMOTIONS! XD The way Filia points out that after the awkward -save Filia to distract Valgaav BS happens, Xellos begins to lose the fight. XD Then how she reacts to Xellos getting hurt. After all this time of wanting nothing more than to cause pain to him, it happens and she is all upset about it! XD XD XD XD XD

I wish I could explain how much I loved the scene where she picks up his staff, because he always had it and she didn't want to leave it behind! DDDDX

You just want to look at his face... in particular. DON'T DENY IT!

Hahaha Filia keeps getting harassed by all the males in the group. XD

Hahahaha... and she is going to get that vacation to... hehe XD

Another fantastic chapter! XD
Catwho chapter 25 . 8/17/2013
Yes Filia. Yes you do need a vacation.
Em chapter 24 . 7/26/2013
*Fantastic*. I have no idea how you managed to keep the series' light, comedic tone whilst also delving into its darker parts, but it came out beautifully. I really love getting into Filia's head as regards to the events of these episodes here, too, because watching it I was DYING to know what she was thinking. Am so not disappointed!
PsychoSongstress chapter 24 . 7/23/2013
Current difficulties with the Gods- A statement by a sour monster who is having trouble with a certain dragon who is playing hard to get.

I always felt that Xellos is laughing at the line when he offers to take Lina's life. As if the idea is playing out in the back of his mind and he finds it comical. Either because he is unsure how the battle will go, or because he doesn't believe it will come to that and he is just having a fun time saying it. (Plus he knows Filia is there, he just knows it. He is performing for her right now...)

I'm sure Xellos knows a thing or two about eavesdropping... XD

Ooh. I love how Filia suddenly separates Xellos between the man she has come to realize him to be, and the monster he has been described as. Up to this point, Xellos has been taking the back seat, for lack of better terms. Now that he is moving, he wanted to make sure Filia was there to witness it.

" Nothing. We were nothing to him. Nothing but a means to an end."

THIS LINE! I LOVE THIS LINE! Even though she doesn't realize it, she is really broken up over this thought. XDXD

"I a Monster, remember." Is he saying that to her, or himself? Or both? XD

Oh, did he ever remind me... Oh my.

Even though Xellos is in control of the situation, he still loses a little bit of his oomph when Filia tells Valgaav not to join the monster race. He can't hold back asking her if she would let him join HER people. We all know he is just being a jealous cone.

This is just a big, very messed up love triangle, and it's all in Xellos head! Filia is still in the dark about her own growing feelings, and poor Valgaav just happens to be a part of it because of misunderstanding and some stereotyping. The whole, 'Look, the golden race is responsible for the murder of the ancient dragons' was to put a wedge in whatever he thinks could develop between Filia and Valgaav. Funny, since it is the same reason Filia wrote Xellos off from the very beginning... I just love it! I love it! I love it! I looove it!

Woah! Valgaav defending Filia to jab at Xellos! It's a battle of words and accusations and I'm eating every bit of it up!

Then Xellos has to explain himself even though he really doesn't have too. Just a, hey, I was ordered to do this, okay?

Xellos, just staph! Your having a hard time separating business and pleasure. Quite showing off... XD

I don't even have to explain how much I love the scene where Xellos 'uses Filia as a distraction'. The way you wrote it out was perfect. XD Physical contact, eye contact, and screaming. Yep. XD (Wow, I sound kind of creepy... :( ... but I can't help it)

Xellos... my hero! (Claps hands together in girly fashion)

he really just wanted me alive for… later. (Mwahahahahaha she doesn't even KNOW!)

XD I wish there is more I could say then typing out sill little happy faces, but all I am doing is just sitting her, with a grin that will go on for days. XDXDXD
Kellybug chapter 24 . 7/23/2013
It is said that we can falling for the "wrong type". As with people? So with dragons! But? Maybe, in Filia's case, the "wrong type" is the right type? ;) I can just hear the argument the two sides of her brain are having: Left half, "But, he Mizuko! He's evil! He's .. XELLOS!" Right-Half: "Yes? So? Your point is?"
lazy one percent chapter 24 . 7/23/2013
I am ashamed for not reviewing such a superb story, even though I am reading the chapters over and over again!
Filia is such a great lead figure! Her thoughts and actions are never boring to say the least! xD

I couldn't stop laughing at how she took the shrine of marriage fail premonition to heart!
This chapter is an epic win! And I can't wait to read the next one already!
I am amazed at how you managed Filia's 180 (x2 nevertheless) change of heart ;)

Kudos to you! I loved it so much! :D
Guest chapter 23 . 7/20/2013
Ahhhh, just when you were getting to the part that I most want to see through Philia's perspective! I love this story, absolutely love it from Philia's point of view hahaha! Please update again soon!
cyberimp6 chapter 23 . 7/13/2013
Wow. Filia's scramble of emotions when on the beach is among the finest fanfic work I've read. Again, you are doing an extraordinary job of telling the story with a fresh voice.