Reviews for Defend Me From My Friends
This was one of the first stories I read when I stumbled across this archive. I didn't provide a review at the time, but am trying to do a better job of letting authors know I appreciate their efforts and I can tell you I really appreciated this story. It was epic in its own right and it just happened to contain pretty much every element that I love in a story. Yes, I am Mattcentric although I can enjoy stories in which he is not the primary character. That of course was not the case here. I also love to see the dynamic of Matt and Kitty explored more than was done in the actual show. This story included that as well. And perhaps my favorite element is to see Matt overcome insurmountable odds not because he is a superhero but because he has an indomitable spirit. I think Matt and Doc and everyone else liked to refer to it as stubbornness, but I like to think of it as an indomitable spirit. This was a key part of his persona even on the show. Remember Hidalgo. Matt does what Matt thinks is right if it is humanely possible and sometime even if it isn't and "darn" the consequences. And besides awesome plotting, the story was very well-written with excellent original characters and dialogue and thoughts that were so true to the Gunsmoke family. Thank you so much for this wonderful story I totally loved everything about it. I don't even know for sure if you are still active, but I think I have seen you post a review or two recently. I hope you are thinking of writing another Gunsmoke story or at least see this review to know you have another fan, although from the number of reviews this story has, you already are aware of how well-received you efforts are. Thank you from the well-mannered guest. I have, by the way, read all of your stories.
MissLizzyJ chapter 23 . 2/9
I was glad to see this story was completed. And my memory is bad, so I read it from the beginning instead of picking up at the new chapters. I'm so glad I did! So many wonderful angsty moments...thinking Matt was dead three different times...including a funeral! Wonderful Matt/Kitty romance, with a hint about that far of someday-maybe not so far off after all. Who could ask for more?
kittylover100 chapter 23 . 1/30
Finally got to finish reading this. I can't tell you how good this story was and how much I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.
Debbie W chapter 23 . 1/27
I read this from start to finish. So very grateful you finished this extraordinary story. Amazing, outstanding,such a talent you are. Can't say enough about your writing. Thankyou, a million times,Thankyou!
TennBlueBelle chapter 23 . 1/25
Yay! Great story! I was so excited when I saw you were working on finishing it :) so creative... so wonderful!
mommoo chapter 23 . 1/22
Thanks so much for taking the time to complete this story. I enjoyed reading it. The epilogue was unexpected, but sweet.
patrice123 chapter 23 . 1/22
Read this story from start to finish. What a wonderful story. Great ending. Another story soon. Please.
SuzyQ chapter 23 . 1/22
Ahhhhh. Good job!
PM12 chapter 23 . 1/22
Well written and enjoyable. Waited until you were finished before reading this and glad I did. I would not have been able to stand the wait for the next chapter.
NevadaRose chapter 23 . 1/22
Do we get an epilogue? I love the epilogues! I also like it when Matt and Kitty start their happy ending early enough to really manage a life together. Thank you so much for finishing this story!
broncomap chapter 23 . 1/22
As always with your wonderful writing the details bring everything to life. It was a pleasure to read from beginning to end. Telling us how the money was and would be sent was the perfect ending.
lostcowgirl chapter 23 . 1/22
A very satisfying ending to a harrowing tale. Nicely done tying in Hickok's death to Matt's near death due to yet another old friend, Chester's changing relationship to Matt & that far off someday for Matt & Kitty. Trust Matt to give away a good portion of his windfall to meet the needs of the folks in Dodge.
ladybrit chapter 23 . 1/22
Great ending to a very gripping story - of course I shall have to go back and read the whole thing from start to finish, one more time.
tjp chapter 23 . 1/22
Another excellent angst filled story. Loved the ending "Only three?" Actually that would make a nice beginning. (sequel) lol

Mirschell chapter 23 . 1/21
Wonderful story from beginning to end.