Reviews for I Spy
ilike chapter 5 . 3/13
Amazing story
I only wish there were more info on the spying and manipulations
Fic like these are really hard to do and you did a great job.
uwishuwerecool chapter 5 . 9/20/2014
love ur story great work plskeep writting
KagomeGirl021 chapter 5 . 9/7/2014
hope your Mission went well! i too am LDS! XD i hope that someday you will write more for this series Through the Madara arc. Good luck with future endeavors!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/30/2014
It is bittersweet but amazing if you had so much to do im glad that it can come out this good i love this and the first story its amazing thanks for finishing this
grimmich chapter 5 . 8/25/2014
this was really good :D
demi wright chapter 5 . 7/5/2014
i love your searise i hope u make anothr for when naruto and shika return it great
XCherokee chapter 5 . 6/14/2014
Crying bc I really did not want this story to end there's so many questions I want to ask about I fell in love with this story and the original story.
spiritwolf35 chapter 5 . 5/26/2014
The story was ok I hate to say it but the grammar was pretty bad other than that the story was ok
spiritwolf35 chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
Well time to check this out I just hope it is good
TiffBaby101 chapter 5 . 3/28/2014
wow. I read your first one and then this. I love what you did to this. good job
dispassioneight chapter 5 . 1/14/2014
9/10 Would read again.

Wish it was longer, but it's really good!
sanguine august chapter 5 . 7/6/2013
This is a great story! I read the first one and then this one immediately after. It's realistic, exciting, suspenseful and funny! I hope you write a sequel.
Crinsomtear chapter 5 . 6/12/2013
I would love to hear more about team Psyhc, but i loved what you did wright... it was new, and somethin that worked really well and was realistc based on Naruto charactization. Greaat job!
Eilyfe chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
I'm sorry, but I have to say that I'm really disappointed by this sequel. Then again, you said that you're going away for a year so you have a good reason at least.

The premise of the original story was good, not something completely new, but also nothing that was horribly overdone already. So, you have Ibiki take on a team because he needs fresh blood for T&I, as I said, it's a good plot device to get a story going.

What followed was a tale of intrigue and betrayal, putting Naruto in a place where he just couldn't be sure who to trust anymore - that was good. It gave the story the necessary substance to keep the readers entertained and hooked, although some of Naruto's actions/choices might be debatable. I can also easily stomach that you didn't spend more time fleshing out the characters of Shikamaru and Sakura. They were, in a sense, essential to the plot, but they also came across as foil characters sometimes. There was a lot of unused potential, true, but as mentioned, it wasn't needed to advance the story.

The mission to wave was fairly nouvelle and interesting, and so were the instances you used to break the team - and especially Naruto - out of their innocence (Inoichi's 'betrayal', Ibiki's torture, the steadily increasing conflict between Naruto and the Sandaime, etc.).

Truly, and despite some questionable judgments Naruto made, the first part of your story felt like a spy-novel. It had everything that was needed: Action, Suspense, Intrigue, Mystery, Betrayal. I noticed that the pace was accelerated a fair bit toward the end, but that wasn't too bothersome. Sometimes it's needed to advance a story without boring the reader to death. All in all, after reading the first part, I was giddily clicking away to quickly get my hands on the sequel.

And hell if I wasn't supremely disappointed by it.

What has happened in the time between these two story parts, to completely change the style of the story (And I don't mean your writing style with that)? When before, the story made me feel as if there's a carefully constructed web of lies and deceit woven around our favorite character, suddenly it feels as if you completely abandoned the concept of subtlety.

Instead of Naruto discovering the lies around him with intriguing and cunning plots that keep me glued to the screen through their sheer suspense, I got... well, nothing really.

In the five chapters of the sequel, which is ridiculous if you consider the length of the first part, you advanced the pace of the story telling to such a degree that it was really hard to keep track. Not to mention that many of the details that would've helped to understand at least, were simply glossed over or never even written.

Completely abandoning the original premise of the story, Ibiki needs fresh blood, was the clincher. What happened to that idea? Neither of the three became a T&I specialist in the end, though Naruto might come closest to that with his journey. They didn't become masterful interrogators, even after they've clearly shown a startling aptitude for it... Simply put, it seems as if you completely disregarded what made you start the story in the first place.

In the end it truly was a bitter-sweet ending for me, in more than one way, and probably not the way you intended. Sweet that the torture of reading a sequel completely below the standard of its original story was finally over. Honestly, I finished the sequel purely out of the misguided hope that it would pick up in quality soon enough, or that you'd jump out at the ending and scream 'Omake!'. And definitely bitter, because after reaching the end, I simply stared at my monitor and thought it might have been better if you hadn't written a sequel at all. Then at least, I would've still be able to imagine different outcomes without being so disappointed.

It's sad, because you aren't a bad writer. Hell, I really like your writing style, but even the best style wouldn't make me like such a horribly rushed sequel.

Anyway, I'd give your original story 8/10 points. The sequel... well, let's not talk about that.

So far,
Eilyfe
Nosferatum chapter 5 . 6/4/2013
Quite enjoying read.
And I hope you've been successful in you're mission.