Reviews for I Spy
TiffBaby101 chapter 5 . 3/28
wow. I read your first one and then this. I love what you did to this. good job
dispassioneight chapter 5 . 1/14
9/10 Would read again.

Wish it was longer, but it's really good!
Asylum Jester chapter 5 . 7/6/2013
This is a great story! I read the first one and then this one immediately after. It's realistic, exciting, suspenseful and funny! I hope you write a sequel.
Crinsomtear chapter 5 . 6/12/2013
I would love to hear more about team Psyhc, but i loved what you did wright... it was new, and somethin that worked really well and was realistc based on Naruto charactization. Greaat job!
Eilyfe chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
I'm sorry, but I have to say that I'm really disappointed by this sequel. Then again, you said that you're going away for a year so you have a good reason at least.

The premise of the original story was good, not something completely new, but also nothing that was horribly overdone already. So, you have Ibiki take on a team because he needs fresh blood for T&I, as I said, it's a good plot device to get a story going.

What followed was a tale of intrigue and betrayal, putting Naruto in a place where he just couldn't be sure who to trust anymore - that was good. It gave the story the necessary substance to keep the readers entertained and hooked, although some of Naruto's actions/choices might be debatable. I can also easily stomach that you didn't spend more time fleshing out the characters of Shikamaru and Sakura. They were, in a sense, essential to the plot, but they also came across as foil characters sometimes. There was a lot of unused potential, true, but as mentioned, it wasn't needed to advance the story.

The mission to wave was fairly nouvelle and interesting, and so were the instances you used to break the team - and especially Naruto - out of their innocence (Inoichi's 'betrayal', Ibiki's torture, the steadily increasing conflict between Naruto and the Sandaime, etc.).

Truly, and despite some questionable judgments Naruto made, the first part of your story felt like a spy-novel. It had everything that was needed: Action, Suspense, Intrigue, Mystery, Betrayal. I noticed that the pace was accelerated a fair bit toward the end, but that wasn't too bothersome. Sometimes it's needed to advance a story without boring the reader to death. All in all, after reading the first part, I was giddily clicking away to quickly get my hands on the sequel.

And hell if I wasn't supremely disappointed by it.

What has happened in the time between these two story parts, to completely change the style of the story (And I don't mean your writing style with that)? When before, the story made me feel as if there's a carefully constructed web of lies and deceit woven around our favorite character, suddenly it feels as if you completely abandoned the concept of subtlety.

Instead of Naruto discovering the lies around him with intriguing and cunning plots that keep me glued to the screen through their sheer suspense, I got... well, nothing really.

In the five chapters of the sequel, which is ridiculous if you consider the length of the first part, you advanced the pace of the story telling to such a degree that it was really hard to keep track. Not to mention that many of the details that would've helped to understand at least, were simply glossed over or never even written.

Completely abandoning the original premise of the story, Ibiki needs fresh blood, was the clincher. What happened to that idea? Neither of the three became a T&I specialist in the end, though Naruto might come closest to that with his journey. They didn't become masterful interrogators, even after they've clearly shown a startling aptitude for it... Simply put, it seems as if you completely disregarded what made you start the story in the first place.

In the end it truly was a bitter-sweet ending for me, in more than one way, and probably not the way you intended. Sweet that the torture of reading a sequel completely below the standard of its original story was finally over. Honestly, I finished the sequel purely out of the misguided hope that it would pick up in quality soon enough, or that you'd jump out at the ending and scream 'Omake!'. And definitely bitter, because after reaching the end, I simply stared at my monitor and thought it might have been better if you hadn't written a sequel at all. Then at least, I would've still be able to imagine different outcomes without being so disappointed.

It's sad, because you aren't a bad writer. Hell, I really like your writing style, but even the best style wouldn't make me like such a horribly rushed sequel.

Anyway, I'd give your original story 8/10 points. The sequel... well, let's not talk about that.

So far,
Eilyfe
Nosferatum chapter 5 . 6/4/2013
Quite enjoying read.
And I hope you've been successful in you're mission.
Pyrophoricity chapter 5 . 5/13/2013
A big THANKS for that story !
blackmoon124 chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
you confused fu and torune, fu is the yamanaka and torune is the abruame
mydemonsangel chapter 5 . 4/28/2013
you are a awesome writer, and I loved how this turned out. hope you had fun and your trip was a success.
mydemonsangel chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Just finished the first part of this series, now about to read this one when I get home from work! I loved it, the story was downright amazing and your writing skills are really great too!
HalfwayParanoid chapter 5 . 3/8/2013
Highly good, highly good. Loved every bit of the aspect. But, can I make a request? Can you write the rest of the reactions, and what they did afterwards, and if they all found out who was in on the prank? That could be VERY hillarious. (Minus Ibiki and the kid toys, LOL) Other than that, I loved every bit of it. You did great!
w- easy enough chapter 5 . 3/2/2013
oh gosh, what a great story! It really is bittersweet reaching the end. _
angel56277 chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
I know this is kind late, but I found this story about three das ago, and WOW do I love it :D
Guest chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
Thanks for writing this story and your previous one of this series. It was enjoyable. You write well. :) Don't give it up.
entityoffire chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Really great story. I hope that I see a sequel some time in the future.