Reviews for Old Soul
haniel0000 chapter 11 . 7/16
Oh my feels, oh God the feels, all the feels... *kneel over and die of feel overload* still awesome story though
unimaginee chapter 11 . 6/27
Very good, very depressing. Sometimes your just in the mood for a bit of sadness. I like your take on the dark souls world. One full of hopelessness and dispair, that no matter what it will all end badly anyway. A world where even the brightest hope is dimmed over time. One where not even the chosen undead would willing endure an millennium of torture to save the world.

The lenght was good, not too long not too short. I usually find that between 60 and 80k is always how Iong i like most stories.

At the end there I fought you were going to hint to a happy ending something like in the distance she noticed a flicker of light but I find that this ending suits dark souls much more.

I'm not sure what to make of Quelana, if I should hate or love her. She let the world rot just so she could have the one thing she wanted the most. I'm not sure if I respect that or loathe it.

But then again the best characters aren't so black and white.

Thank you for sharing this story, I enjoyed the read
Rexis19 chapter 11 . 4/13
That's not cool.
My heart feels sad, broken and weak.
You were able to pour emotion through this story.
And I don't like the feeling I'm getting.
I feel weak and sad, so empty.
It's a great story, but it makes me feel empty.
R chapter 11 . 3/23
Three Rejects put everything wrong with this story before I could, so I won't bother with repetition.

I got what you were going with, the traditional, craptastical world of Dark Souls personified with this ending.

Of course, Nemeta should've used that pyromancy immediately after Quelana died. If she really cared she would've used it; if not to link the fire, then to at least go back to the beginning, making a stable time loop of sorts.

It annoys me incredibly when this sort of stuff is made but the characters never bother to use it.

A good effort, but it does require some incredibly thick Suspension of Disbelief, which was completely broken in this last chapter, I'm sorry to say.
For anyone who still has the will to live after reading that at least know that the canon ending of dark souls 2, and the series as a whole, is that the undead hero gets treatment for the curse, prevents hollowing and has infinite time to work out an actual cure to the undead curse and the rise and fall of the ages of fire and dark. That said... Damn. Just wow. Bang up job.
watch?vCdk_fvXG5xA
tylermech66 chapter 11 . 3/1
and no happy ending, so, very, Dark Souls...
tylermech66 chapter 7 . 2/28
and ordinary human can see her true self, because he's lost everything, but isn't quite hollow yet.
fascinating shtuff
tylermech66 chapter 6 . 2/28
you've made logan, awesome, grandfatherly logan, into sort of dick... I hate you :(
Maganoi chapter 11 . 2/4
Just finished reading.
This ending... magnificent. Captures the essence of Dark Souls perfectly.
Jerkasaurousrex chapter 2 . 1/25
Oh goodness gracious, this is the best! I love the story and the way you portray them and I'm one hundred percent in love with this thank you so much. 3
Opinion Giver chapter 11 . 12/2/2014
I feel that this perfectly fits in with the tone of the various character's stories in how it gradually becomes brimming with the feeling of hopelessness. The technical aspects of creative writing are also expertly displayed. This is one of the best pieces of fan fiction I have ever read.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/29/2014
One of the best sad but great keepit up
BlazingPhoenix17 chapter 11 . 10/16/2014
I think I knew what ending I'm choosing from now on. Fuck them Primordial Serpents I'm linking the flame.
Krekian chapter 11 . 7/27/2014
Well that was bloody amazing.
Kaioo chapter 11 . 7/22/2014