Reviews for Old Soul
HOLY SHIT chapter 11 . 10/18
GiantDad chapter 11 . 8/24
She went hollow, didn't she
KingAlf chapter 11 . 8/24
I loved this story, but you're a bastard for writing it. Good work you glorious piece of shit.
Warden of Lore chapter 10 . 6/12
Sequel Please!
Warden of Lore chapter 11 . 6/12
Holy shit this was good!
bob115 chapter 11 . 6/12
I rather enjoyed this. A few notes, there are some spelling mistakes and the like scattered around, but its not too much of a distraction. The other thing is that it feels like the middle of the story spent too long not really doing a whole lot. Most of the important stuff happened near the beginning and in the last little bit. Building on that I would have liked to see more Quelana and Nemeta interaction, especially when Quelana was attempting to court Nemata.

But again, great story.
Some Guest Guy chapter 11 . 5/4
Hooray! Now I have a crippling depression!
BloodyDireWolf chapter 1 . 5/2
A Brilliant but sad ending to a great story
Old Ancestor chapter 11 . 3/17
And so flames turned to ashs and ashs looked for embers.
Alexeij chapter 11 . 2/18
Terrible and sublime.
Selacha chapter 11 . 1/10
How in the hell do you not have this listed under Tragedy/Horror!? That last chapter was just...
Combatflaps chapter 11 . 12/14/2015
Jesus, what a depressing ending. I really loved the characters of Nemeta and Quelana. Their interactions together were wonderful and you wrote a great cast of supporting characters as well. I loved the way the story flowed and the plot in general up until the end. There were a few hanging plot points like Petrus, but nothing significant. That ending though whew. Absolutely nothing prepared me for that. I really just did not feel like the story was heading in that direction, and there felt like very little set up for it. Especially with Quelana dying before the world ended. It seemed possible that Nemeta and Quelana would spend an eternity in darkness together as the consequence of their choices, but for it to be Nemeta just hopelessly regretting everything at the end felt a bit inconclusive. Thank you for the story, it was a very interesting read! I'll just try to imagine a different ending like Quelana does for Quelaag.
Random Guest chapter 11 . 10/25/2015
{ Well, that was depressing...}
simon paul chapter 11 . 10/15/2015
i loved it
Cellophane chapter 11 . 8/18/2015
A lot of people have been complaining about the protagonist. As far as I'm concerned, she's right on the money if you look at her as a representation of people who play dark souls. She's into fashion souls. She has a waifu. She reacts in much the same way I've reacted to some of the things in dark souls. Revive the firekeeper? Nobody gives a shit. Hello? I just brought a person back to life! Even if nobody cares about that, the bonfire in the damn central hub of the game was out, and now it's not because of me. I don't get so much as a pat on the head? I'm so used to getting thanked and encouraged by various npcs in other games, it was off-putting to play a game where next to nobody cares when I do something which I feel constitutes total badassery.

Loved this whole thing, except the time travel business. I can't think of anything that would be able to replace it and still give nemeta the power to make things right until the very end, and I suppose flame gave birth to time, so it sort of makes sense. While I was reading, I also didn't like how the romance was glossed over, but now I like it because it's just another contributor to that feeling of emptiness the last chapter leaves you with. Again, absolutely loved what I just finished reading.