Reviews for Whatever God
zulqar95 chapter 1 . 5/28
hey! you lie about the diabetes I didn't get that! what I do get is the severely dental work from all the cavities I got just by reading this * so sweet * especially the scene where luffy nearly die oh that moment T-T anyway thanks for the story by the way! ; )
ashlynhope28 chapter 1 . 3/29
im not crying. im not. i swear. *sobbing*

no but this was amazing and perfect and wonderful and every awesome adjective out there. im so glad i stumbled on it! thank you for writing it.
zenaku8yoru chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
This is, by far, the best one-shot I've ever read. It's so... beautiful, and a lot better than some other one-shots of Luffy managing to save Ace. Do you think you can, erm, perhaps, uh, make a, umm... sequel? Please? *puppy eyes*
LadyTeldra chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
Sadly, I can always see where Ace comes from... As an older sibling, I can't see a world in which my younger sister would die... I helped raise her even only five years older. Changed diapers, rocked through night terrors. My dad lived half way around the world for... 12, 13 years or so and came to visit every six months. So... A little like him, I became the one to watch over my sister. Especially as I got older.

So... In retrospect, ripping out ones own heart is more viable than a world without my little sister. It's just not a possibly reality. In his shoes, I'd attempt the sane course of action. Or tried pulling instead of jumping... But to each their own and the entire Arc was a big gigantic mess. Though... I would definitely kill a few people (read hundreds) if my sister were forced through anything even remotely similar.

Of course, I would never allow it in the first place. And anime is rarely based on any form of reality, but I can still cry and be angry at the mere thought of parallels.

And I blame any unintelligibility rambling on the hour and lack of energy due to busy days.
general yumi chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Can you continue this? You could make it a story and you could end it when Luffy meets up with his crew. You know adventures about him being with Whitebeards crew. It could answer questions like did Thatch or Whitebeard live? *chibi voice activate* pwease Haurvatat *chibi voice deactivate* Great job on this. It was super cute. I love it! Words alone cannot express how much I adore this.
Sweeeetsez chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I totally agree with you! Pls Oda sensei, let us live in beautiful imaginary world of our. *sob*

Your story is amazing. I really really love it! It's warm, sweet and oh so cute! It's melt my heart down to the ground and I don't even mind.

P.s. English isn't my native language. I hope you understand how happy am I to get to read your story
XOXO
c2t2 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
OMFG this is just... flawless. Therefore I will leave an epic review. I share your distaste for 1st person / present tense, but YOU DID IT RIGHT.

This interpretation of Luffy's character is way different but still seems to fit, still in-character, if that makes any sense, for stressed and right-on-the-edge Luffy who's held together by desperation and multiple injections of adrenaline.

A couple lines / turns of phrase were just genius:
"...an Admiral or someone equally punkass." - Like!

"God, my brother is freaking boss. I still want that hug, but I'm not sure the battlefield is the best possible place to get all sentimental. It doesn't stop me from giving him those doe-eyes of mine." - OMG he totally did. I've never really had the words to describe that LOOK from that scene.

"Whatever floats his boat, 'cause damn if neither of us can swim." - Love it!

"...whatever happens next is either going to suck royal balls or is going to be the most awesome thing to ever hit the history books." - I've got to agree

"...pain is one of those things where I really can't recall where I put that rat's ass I could give." - BEST LINE

"Why shouldn't you kiss your brother? I don't get this crap, but people have kept trying to tell me that I messed up somewhere in my logic. I don't see it. Your laughter is really not appreciated." - This part's just fun

THANK YOU for fixing Ace's death (the biggest mistake in the entire series.).
And the sunburst-scar sounds awesome.
Also loved your characterization of Law.
And the end is so cute and sweet I nearly died.

Thus ends the epic review.
LostFairyMantic chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
This is so cute! I love it!
Freefan1412 chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
This is cute. :)
It does take a while to get used to the writing, though; mostly the first-pov, but also some of the things Luffy said here.
The jumping in thoughts is nicely done. Luffy had never been one to think straight, and, as you pointed out, he was not going to be the most stable given the situation. Good work. :)
Neko-VongolaPrimo chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I like how you potrayed Luffy x3
Seriously it was awesome! x)
I can imagine him a bit like this in his head xDD
The story was awesome and it brought tears to my eyes TwT
It would be amazing if you did a second chapter or fanfic for this one out of Ace's view x3
MeikoKuran999 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I know how you feel I cried for hours when he died and everytime i watch it i cry shit just talking now about its got me in tears. Great story i really enjoyed it.
DragonFire Princess chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Love the story, Hope you'll uploads the story soon, I want to know what happen next in the story. So Please update the story ASAP.

When will you continue this story?

I want to know what will happen next in the story.
heavensentskysky chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I loved this...absolutely beautiful :) if only it really turned out like this, I would be one happy person :)(:
missjudged chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
My computer won't let me log on. So no idea what that's about. I was really pissed when Ace died in the canon. Mainly because no one else had really died yet in the series. Even Crocodile had lived. Hell Mr. 3 had lived. Luffy who was stabbed clean through by Crocodile lived. And then Ace (who is fire himself) is stabbed through by magma... and dies? I was just like what the hell! Way to just kill the convenient character! Sorry I still harbor anger over this issue. Anyway, enough about my personal trauma, great great story. It was sickly sweet but also lovely. I really really wished it had turned out this way. That would have been so much better for my mental health. Lovely job and keep up the great work!
The New Vampire chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Yeah, the attack of the ever-growing drabble, huh? I know what you mean. It's really annoying, but somehow satisfying. Oh well.

Again, your amazing writing stuns me. Ow! Like a Tazer...

You personify Luffy so well, although sometimes I was like "wha? How did he learn this word?" I know that Luffy's a lot smarter than most of us give him credit for, but still...well, I guess it fits your head-canon, since in your head-canon Ace's a genius. He probably tried to teach some stuff to his little brother. Poor Ace. XD

One of my favorite lines was probably: "Somebody saint that lady; she deserves it, for all that crazy of hers." lol. Somehow, it's so Luffy but I can't help but feel that you somehow put in your own voice here. Not that it detracts from it at all, and my idea of Luffy's voice might be from those horrible internet scanalations (sometimes, Shonen Jump, all of your pirate-related puns make me sick. Seriously), but I just wanted to put that out there. Great job, anyway! I love this!

And now, Luffy, if you will do me a favor...

Luffy: Sure! Gomu-Gomu no...

INSTANT FAVE!