Reviews for Whatever God
Sweeeetsez chapter 1 . 2/1
I totally agree with you! Pls Oda sensei, let us live in beautiful imaginary world of our. *sob*

Your story is amazing. I really really love it! It's warm, sweet and oh so cute! It's melt my heart down to the ground and I don't even mind.

P.s. English isn't my native language. I hope you understand how happy am I to get to read your story
XOXO
c2t2 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
OMFG this is just... flawless. Therefore I will leave an epic review. I share your distaste for 1st person / present tense, but YOU DID IT RIGHT.

This interpretation of Luffy's character is way different but still seems to fit, still in-character, if that makes any sense, for stressed and right-on-the-edge Luffy who's held together by desperation and multiple injections of adrenaline.

A couple lines / turns of phrase were just genius:
"...an Admiral or someone equally punkass." - Like!

"God, my brother is freaking boss. I still want that hug, but I'm not sure the battlefield is the best possible place to get all sentimental. It doesn't stop me from giving him those doe-eyes of mine." - OMG he totally did. I've never really had the words to describe that LOOK from that scene.

"Whatever floats his boat, 'cause damn if neither of us can swim." - Love it!

"...whatever happens next is either going to suck royal balls or is going to be the most awesome thing to ever hit the history books." - I've got to agree

"...pain is one of those things where I really can't recall where I put that rat's ass I could give." - BEST LINE

"Why shouldn't you kiss your brother? I don't get this crap, but people have kept trying to tell me that I messed up somewhere in my logic. I don't see it. Your laughter is really not appreciated." - This part's just fun

THANK YOU for fixing Ace's death (the biggest mistake in the entire series.).
And the sunburst-scar sounds awesome.
Also loved your characterization of Law.
And the end is so cute and sweet I nearly died.

Thus ends the epic review.
LostFairyMantic chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
This is so cute! I love it!
Freefan1412 chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
This is cute. :)
It does take a while to get used to the writing, though; mostly the first-pov, but also some of the things Luffy said here.
The jumping in thoughts is nicely done. Luffy had never been one to think straight, and, as you pointed out, he was not going to be the most stable given the situation. Good work. :)
Neko-VongolaPrimo chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I like how you potrayed Luffy x3
Seriously it was awesome! x)
I can imagine him a bit like this in his head xDD
The story was awesome and it brought tears to my eyes TwT
It would be amazing if you did a second chapter or fanfic for this one out of Ace's view x3
MeikoKuran999 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I know how you feel I cried for hours when he died and everytime i watch it i cry shit just talking now about its got me in tears. Great story i really enjoyed it.
DragonFire Princess chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Love the story, Hope you'll uploads the story soon, I want to know what happen next in the story. So Please update the story ASAP.

When will you continue this story?

I want to know what will happen next in the story.
heavensentskysky chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I loved this...absolutely beautiful :) if only it really turned out like this, I would be one happy person :)(:
missjudged chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
My computer won't let me log on. So no idea what that's about. I was really pissed when Ace died in the canon. Mainly because no one else had really died yet in the series. Even Crocodile had lived. Hell Mr. 3 had lived. Luffy who was stabbed clean through by Crocodile lived. And then Ace (who is fire himself) is stabbed through by magma... and dies? I was just like what the hell! Way to just kill the convenient character! Sorry I still harbor anger over this issue. Anyway, enough about my personal trauma, great great story. It was sickly sweet but also lovely. I really really wished it had turned out this way. That would have been so much better for my mental health. Lovely job and keep up the great work!
The New Vampire chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Yeah, the attack of the ever-growing drabble, huh? I know what you mean. It's really annoying, but somehow satisfying. Oh well.

Again, your amazing writing stuns me. Ow! Like a Tazer...

You personify Luffy so well, although sometimes I was like "wha? How did he learn this word?" I know that Luffy's a lot smarter than most of us give him credit for, but still...well, I guess it fits your head-canon, since in your head-canon Ace's a genius. He probably tried to teach some stuff to his little brother. Poor Ace. XD

One of my favorite lines was probably: "Somebody saint that lady; she deserves it, for all that crazy of hers." lol. Somehow, it's so Luffy but I can't help but feel that you somehow put in your own voice here. Not that it detracts from it at all, and my idea of Luffy's voice might be from those horrible internet scanalations (sometimes, Shonen Jump, all of your pirate-related puns make me sick. Seriously), but I just wanted to put that out there. Great job, anyway! I love this!

And now, Luffy, if you will do me a favor...

Luffy: Sure! Gomu-Gomu no...

INSTANT FAVE!
Ryuu no Yume chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I love this fanfic! It was just so beautifully written. Its exactly how marineford should have ended.
lilnitenurse chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I LOVE your story! Like you, I regained interest in One Piece during the Marineford arc. I think a lot of us did. I love Ace, too, and I still can't believe Oda killed him off T_T
MissJudged16 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I like to think Ace is alive too. There are so many other people that should have been killed off... good job on this. It was cute and fluffy.
1337kitsune chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
*rasies hand* Can I live in your imaginary world too? This was such an amazing story! I mean...oh my god...the epicness. I love how you show Luffy as this guy who, even being Luffy, isn't afraid to swear and thinks of the most random things.

Face it, if this was being written by Jhonen, creater of Invader Zim and JtHM, Luffy would be exactly like this. So yeah, right on. And ohemgee, Ace lives! He does in all my stories, even though only one is on paper. XD But, my gosh, thank god. Now see, why couldn't awesome stuff like this happen? That's what I plan on doing in my story by the way.

Like this, "Ace...you love him. Period. /More/ than a brother... What's the problem?" Ace sighs roughly before staring back at the girl.

"Do I really need to list all the things wrong with that?"

"Well...I see your point. You two are both guys, so that's looked down upon as being gay. You two grew up and are /basically/ brothers, so that's looked down upon as incest... So yeah, I get your point. And technically Luffy is still underaged, so that's considered pedophillia..."

"Anything else you wanna add?"

"Ace...you guys are pirates, you know that, right?" Ace nods his head slowly, as if preparing for a trap. "Okay. Pirate. Person who doesn't follow the crap lawas. You love him, he loves you. More than brotherly love. Pirate, means you don't care. So go over there and get your man! Got i?"

"..."

x

That's all I got so far, but it's the basics. XD I mean really, I don't see Luffy caring that he loves his brother like that. It's Luffy. As for Ace, I could see him being reluctant at first, but than saying 'Fuck it' and just grabbing the boy and kissing him. XD
WrittenSound chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
So, while I love your writing style, it's far too intelligent for Luffy's fun out-going thick-headed adventurous self. I do believe Luffy's smarter than he lets on, but this is a little over-kill. Just a thought; I don't mean to criticize. I appreciated Oda killing off Ace even though it made me cry for weeks on end and every time I saw anything related to Ace and Luffy I would fall into a derranged spastic fit. It brought Luffy some of that tragic-event-affects-the-hero-but-he-still-moves-on charm. And it showed that not everything a person works for will end up well. BUT I enjoy seeing an alternate take on the War Of The Best and seeing something happy instead of horribly upsetting. I'll definitely read more if you write it. I just hope not everything will be sunshine and rainbows.