Reviews for Speed Kills: Tale of a Breakdown
Li'l Albatross chapter 9 . 1/2/2013
Wow, this was a hard one to read. I could definitely feel the fear and anguish Johnny felt. I'm glad you gave it a hopeful/happy ending. Again, just Wow. Thank you for sharing this story!
ElspethNZ chapter 9 . 5/22/2012
Wonderful story again - thank you so much for writing such angsty stories that I love!
doctorjay chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
Great story. Very emotional and well done. Love the Johnny whumpage.

A couple small continuity errors interrupted the excellent flow of your writing- I know how hard it is to spot those when looking over your own story. As a writer, you have read the thing so many times you can't see the trees for the forest!:)

When Roy goes into Johnny's hospital room after the terrible accident, Johnny is standing by the window, but next thing he is getting up from the bed. He needs to get to the bed somehow.

At Johnny's apt, he is tearing the place apart and his hands are all bloody from stuff like punching the wall. No mention of bloody hands when Roy arrives, and Johnny even runs his hands through his hair. Later a only mention of bruised knuckles.
reen212000 chapter 9 . 11/28/2011
Not-quite OOC. Dark thoughts. Woeful demise. Man tears. Happy ending. I love it! Thanks for sharing!
Ginger S chapter 9 . 11/24/2011
You have packed so much emotion, heartache and healing into this story. I have read it many times and am pleased to tell you I enjoyed it all over again. Thank you for re-posting it here for more to enjoy. It is truly a favorite.
Kelmin chapter 9 . 11/21/2011
Great story. Well done. I was sad to see in your author's note that you aren't writing any more Emergency stories, because I've really liked all of yours. Thanks for sharing the ones you wrote.
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 9 . 11/21/2011
Thank you for all of your stories. I've enjoyed them.
kathey'ssis chapter 8 . 11/20/2011
I think i see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I also think i want a hug.

you've done very well with this story i'm looking forward to the ending.
Kelmin chapter 8 . 11/20/2011
Really, really well done. You have a knack for taking on serious topics, and giving them appropriately serious and realistic treatment. YOu have the characters down pat. I loved Brackett's bluntness: "Your vitals are horrible."
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 8 . 11/20/2011
This is an emotionally strong chapter and your storytelling is really good. Poor Johnny, poor Roy. I know they will always be there for one another.
Kelmin chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
Looks like Johnny has hit bottom. I was glad to see him realize he needed help, and shocked to see what happened when he saw the bays empty. This is a very powerful story.
Amaq Iraluq chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
I am looking forward to the scene between Johnny and Roy, when the topic of his current hospitalization comes up. With some authors, I would dread the scene due to knowing they would mess it up; however, I have faith that you with more than do it justice. I imagine that post-hospital Johnny with be spending some time with the DeSotos too, yes? Both so they can keep an eye on him, and to help him heal... he's kind of a member of the family anyways.

Thanks for writing another great chapter :-)
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
This was a pulse-pounding chapter-from capturing John's despair to his desperate search for the crew to his painful suicide attempt, you have done a wonderful job. I'm looking forward to your new chapter!
kathey'ssis chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
Some how i saw that comming just a sign of a good writer who knows how to forshadow.

I'm anxiously waiting for the next chapter.
Amaq Iraluq chapter 6 . 11/18/2011
Wow, powerful ending! Sadly it's true though, people trying to help can sometimes make what may seem like the right move, but to someone else may seem like the worst possible thing to the person in need. This story just gets more and more compelling!