Reviews for Copy
Astr0C0baltUran chapter 30 . 9/5
This is my absolute favorite fanfiction ever. I have read it 3 times and got emotional each. this is a blessing. please write more Astro Boy fanfics!
Blue Teller chapter 30 . 7/22
Alright, that's settled: Tenma is officially the worst. Father. Ever.

I'm not talking about your story specifically though, I mean the character himself.

All he cares about is what HE wants, never thinks about consequences of his actions - the fact that he acts towards Elefun like he's deaf is the proof of that. It might surprise you, but I think not telling Astro that he was a robot was Tenma's worst crime, even comparing to shutting him down (a.k.a. KILLING him). Why?

Because he LIED about Astro's very existence - the thing that people lose their lives and minds over, everywhere and everyday. No wonder Astro was so freaking suicidal! But what it shows about Tenma is even worse.

Tenma built Astro with the intention of replacing his son, although he KNEW (or rather, believed) that the robot wouldn't be able to love him back. He didn't really miss Toby, he didn't even spend that much time with his son! What he truly missed was the IDEA of Toby, the only thing left of his wife - and that is a totally different thing. He hated being alone and acted not out of love, but pure selfishness. But when he got disappointed by his creation because it wasn't PERFECT (which is completely stupid, because people aren't perfect either), he abandoned it, not considering that he was RESPONSIBLE for it. Even from purely scientific perspective! Letting Astro wander off was extremely risky and foolish - he could have gone on a rampage and kill people! Of course luckily Astro turned out to be a hero, but heck, Tenma should have been arrested on the spot for creating a threat to national security! Astro possessed HUMAN memories and no laws of robotics, making him unstable and thus, crime-capable. He was completely unpredictable, with unlimited weapon supply to boot. But noooo, let's tell the robot he's not wanted and throw him out like a busted toy, not a probably-multi-million-dollar-investment... yep, genius.

In this story, my opinion on Tenma isn't much better. He abandoned Astro, again, he refused to listen to Elefun, again, and he made a horrible mess of things... AGAIN. While I approve of the explanation of his actions you provided in the beginning, why he didn't think he could have both Toby and Astro... it's still so selfish. Cora was absolutely right - how COULD Astro still love that jerk? His regret might have been genuine, but being sorry means nothing if there is no will to correct the wrongs. And he came to that so, sooo late. And he gave up on Astro several times, even though there were able to save him again and again and again...

Tenma should have gone to prison for dangerous human/robot experimentation AND horrible parenting.

...Gosh, Tenma spoils this otherwise FANTASTIC and ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT story. Because every disappointment I have about Tenma's character is rewarded with Toby's.

Toby is so... human. Realistic. And NOT completely selfish like his father. He actually analyses this strange situation from a logical point of view, not just acting out of his feelings. He sees the potential of having him as a friend and a brother instead of just a robot version of himself. He acts really mature, despite still being a troublemaker and a playful child... Seriously, Toby is amazing in this. I never really cared about him, but you did a great job.

So, while I despise Tenma's actions and don't approve of his "redemption", I love this story. Toby's amazing, Astro's relationship with Cora is well established and developed, and the plot works very well. I'm very happy with this ending, especially Astro's changes. He deserves to be his own person in looks as well as personality.

Well, that's about it. Overall, great work!
MaluDiasdi chapter 9 . 7/12
I hate you
GoldenLink9 chapter 30 . 5/8
(Crowd Applause's) One of THE BEST Fanfics i have ever read! Please write more Astro boy fanfics in the future! I could tell you all the things i love about it but the would just be the entire story all over again. So like you said, Onward an upwards!

- GoldenLink9;)
PS: The way you described how Tilly looked looks exactly like me! (Not being the artist though)
Mysterious Hat 21 chapter 30 . 4/11
Wow, okay been awhile since I've been so sucked into a story that I read it in 2 days. This has to be the best Astro Boy fic I've ever read. You had both Astro and Toby exist and yet they were able to be their own people. You made my ship sail beautifully into the sunset in a way that actually makes sense. Damn dude it was just a magnificent ride bravo to you for writing something this great and finishing it!
phoenixpatronus51 chapter 30 . 3/19
DAMN! This is one of the best fics I've ever read! It was literally so good that I read the whole thing in 4 hours without stopping xD. The action scenes were really well written and you perfectly balanced switching between the characters POVs. I think how you wrote the conflict inside Tenma's head about what to do with Astro was really realistic. AlSO Toby's cockiness was really entertaining LOL and really brought the story to life xD. I loved this fic so much and I hope you write a sequel to this or more fics in the future :D
EpicThunder101 chapter 30 . 3/16
Okay, so I just read this entire fic in two days, and each time I started a new chapter I had to sit back and just MARVEL at how well you wrote this. I LOVED how you portrayed Astro and Toby as two entirely different characters even though one was based off the other (Toby's cocky moments made me so happy omg he really is a smug smarty pants)
Second I really felt that you wrote out Tenma's conflict between having his son back in such a realistic manner. Of course he would want to get rid of Astro since his 'purpose' was finished, but the little flashbacks of him and Tenma made it feel so much more emotional and detailed (also kudos to Elefun for being so remotely chill about hacking into computer systems xD)
Cora's Mom's reaction to Astro claiming he fell in love with her seemed really realistic as well considering how scared she was to lose her little girl again.
Overall I think this is one of my favorite fics now :D
Amazing job! I hope to read more of your writing in the future :)
Specter14 chapter 30 . 2/5
THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ
Thank you so so so so much for writing it! :D I can't wait for deleted scenes, and maybe a sequel? xDDD
Crystal Hope Dragon chapter 30 . 2/4
It's perfect, I love it I love it I love it! Thank you so much for writing this wonderful masterpiece for this fandom. I followed it for five years without disappointment. I loved the ending, the detail and finality of this conclusion, and the mention that this all happened in just a little over a week. I will never forget this amazing story, and I hope you continue with such incredible writing in the future. Please keep up the stunning work.
FMAlover32 chapter 30 . 2/1
Holy shut that story was emotional and stressful...however...it was the best astro boy story I have ever read! I especially loved this last chapter! And that last quote? Genius! Pleez continue to write more astro boy stories if you would like to! There just aren't enough out there!
sjsreader chapter 27 . 1/30
Awww... So cute! The feels!
sjsreader chapter 26 . 1/30
I love the relationship between Cora and Astro. It is just beautiful.
sjsreader chapter 25 . 1/30
NO. Chapter 25. NO. This is not okay. He is finally back, but... NO. I REFUSE.
sjsreader chapter 24 . 1/30
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! AAAAHHHH! I was laughing out loud at this chapter. It was just beautiful!
sjsreader chapter 23 . 1/30
You are killing me. I don't know if I'll survive after this. Legitimately, I doubt my ability to survive after this. It's SOO good, yet awful, terrible, heart-wrenching, painful... well, you get the picture.