Reviews for Paradigm Shift
Adelled chapter 1 . 5/21
Excellent.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
A beautifully written piece. Enjoyed the background into Brennan's coming to DC and starting her life there with nothing.
mychakk chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
another beauty in the fanfic collection. Thanks for sharing this with us :)
katetastic chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
This story is wonderful. All of your stories are amazing. I have spent the last two days reading your Bones writing.

Also, you may be my favorite writer ever for quoting Sam Shepard
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This is a very nice story showing Brennan's perspective. Attaching home ownership to power over abandonment is very interesting and very Brennan. Booth having his own home issues just makes it tougher on both of them. It's hard to compromise when one person wants a house to maintain control over their personal life and the other wants a home with the person he loves to prove that he can provide for his family and he isn't a loser.

The terrible irony now is that a stranger, Pelant, has taken her home and security from her and Booth can't provide his family with the safety they need.
bailey80 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Have I reviewed this before? Because if not I should have. This is lovely and wonderful and amazing and I agree that those who gripe and complain about Brennan being "out of character" or "wrong" just because she doesn't react in the same ways they would simply do not *get* Brennan or the show. (Sorry that I'm usually one of those annoying readers who like a story but never bother to say so.)
CordeliaMathews chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Great way of understanding Brennan. Thank you!
Caris Bennet chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I came here recommended by a friend and wow, it's an amazing explanation, I loved it!
Giny Scully chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I understand better to Brennan, now. Thank for your words.

A really lovely fanfic. Congratulations!
alexindigo chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
LOVED it Jen! :) I agree completely with your Author's Note. I don't understand fans who think that way. Are we even watching the same show here? Sigh.

I've always been a Brennan fan and until last week's episode where Booth apologized to her, haven't really been that big of a Seeley Booth fan. He's always rubbed me the wrong way and I can't quite put my finger on it, it's like that bitter relative/non-friend friend you have that gives you backhanded compliments and finds ways to do subtle mockery. This new Booth from S3 onwards (together wt the 'new' emotionless robot Brennan) that the writers have given us has always left me feeling very uncomfortable. Brennan is honest and the only character whose principles have remained consistent imo and while she is blunt and hurtful it is never intentional. Angela and Booth however, the two self professed heart people have intentionally said things to hurt Brennan on countless occasions. I thought Booth's 'even you' comment in the diner was unnecessary and hurtful. He was angry, yes, and rightly so but what was his intention behind that?

Yet, Brennan continues to make changes in her life to accommodate Booth and their child. Yes, she's finally happy and is with the person she loves. I can appreciate that. I just hope that Booth makes some changes too. The apology was a good start. The marriage thing too. He needs to let go of his pride though when it comes to money issues.

Thanks for this story. Sorry I went off like that. I LOVE your stories because you always write the Brennan I love. You're not (at least from what I've read from your stories) one of those people who worships the grounds Booth walks on and think 'poor Booth, he has to put up Brennan and her logic'. I LOVE that about your stories. The writers of the show gave us that post the 100th and last S6. The premiere has brought back a little bit of faith in Booth. We shall see what happens as the season progresses and they tackle more issues.

Thanks for sharing Jen! And thank you for reading this epic rant/review. )

PS: Public Opinion is one of my all time favs and I've lost count the number of times I've told an author of one of the stories I'm reading to read that to understand where I'm coming from. Am still hoping that we'll get the B&B talk after Booth processes everything the squints laid on him. :P
toffeeeclairs chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Love the additional insight into Brennan's reluctance regarding moving into a house with Booth.
ProfeJMarie chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
A beautiful reflective piece. NIcely done.

And, by the way, a good friend of mine's uncle is suspected to be DB Cooper. Her dad has been interviewed several times about it. It's quite an interesting story.
Athena Alexandria chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This was beautiful. You did an amazing job of getting inside Brennan's head and explaining the reasoning behind her actions in this episode. I'm definitely in the camp who agrees that they made complete sense for her given her history. Booth is the first person she's allowed herself to love since her parents left so of course the thought of putting herself into a position where he could abandon her terrifies her. She probably could have done a better job of communicating that but even though she's with Booth now she's still Brennan. Yes, she's learned a lot from him, but this is the first time she's had to put it into practice in a fully-fledged adult relationship (where the stakes are extremely high because there's a child involved) so naturally she would stumble along the way. And of course she can't ask him for his advice on how to handle any of it now that he's so emotionally invested in the situation, so Angela aside, she's pretty much on her own in figuring it out. It's a steep learning curve for her, but we all know that she'll get there like she did in this episode.

I was wondering if you would be interested in writing a companion fic at some point? I would love to see someone explore the episode from Booth's perspective because this situation obviously dredged up some old issues for him too. The look on his face when Brennan said "This baby is in me" told me that that really struck a nerve for him - probably because it was the same attitude Rebecca had that led to him being shut out of Parker's life. I think the one thing that disappointed me about this episode was that the writers decided to trot out the "alcoholic father" baggage for him when the "forced weekend dad" baggage would have been more appropriate to the situation. Since he's already a father, it would have made more sense if he was so insistent about moving in together because he wanted to give the baby the home he could never give Parker, rather than the home his father never gave him.

Anyway, great job. I have too many favourite lines to list. I especially liked the part about her name being on the ownership papers and I loved that Brennan finally realised that it wasn't about her, it was about her daughter. I think we're going to be seeing a lot of those kinds of epiphanies this season as the reality of what it means to be a mother begins to sink in for her.
LJLanham chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Loved this...

I hadn't thought of it, but it totally makes sense. I really love how you get into Brennan's head. This is just another great example of that. Thanks so much for sharing.
etakkate chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
aw, so sweet as usual! i alway get excited when i see yr stories!

i love your use of quotes too.