Reviews for Pancake Night
FXL chapter 16 . 7/20/2012
This entire story was really good and funny. I really loved the jokes in each chapter. So glad I found this story! :D
GrowlyNoir chapter 16 . 4/22/2012
-"Harold, calm down. Vince love Harold. No one understand why. Maybe Vince have tumor. Stop being such a ballbag."-

Bollo may have to do this on a regular basis.

-Howard tried to be casual as he slid his arm around Vince's waist. Vince shamelessly snuggled into Howard's side like a cat-

And didn't get pushed away or ordered not to touch. Cute.
GrowlyNoir chapter 15 . 4/22/2012
-Howard held Vince in a mock-possessive embrace, "You, sir, are taken."

Vince snorted, "Everyone already knew that. Everyone but you, ya berk."-

You'll have to keep reminding him, Vince.
GrowlyNoir chapter 14 . 4/22/2012
-Vince stood as well, clutching his zoo jacket and Killeroo flier.-

Thank goodness! The jacket is where it belongs.

-Howard had simply stood up and looked down at Smith until the boy wet his trousers and ran.-

I can just imagine this. Howard knows how to GLARE.

-"It scares me to love you so much, it always has,"-

What could possibly go wrong now?
GrowlyNoir chapter 13 . 4/22/2012
-I think you use that nickname to infantalize Vince and I to remind yourself we aren't appropriate sexual partners."-

He's hit the nail on the head.

-It occurred to Sebastian they were now holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes at a cafe.-

OOps again.
GrowlyNoir chapter 12 . 4/19/2012
-"Nothin'. He's a ballbag. I was just trying to think of something nice to say for your sake."-

How very Boo. While he doesn't hate Howard like Bollo does, he only really tolerates him to please Vince.
GrowlyNoir chapter 11 . 4/19/2012
-Hey, that pink thing is watching.-

AHA! Humour with H-Man. I've been waiting. I did warn Seb to be afraid & of course wherever Saboo goes...

-"I'm sorry about the jackets," Howard whispered between kisses, "I'm sorry I made you cry. I'm sorry I made you feel stupid."-

A long, overdue apology. I'm glad the truth has come out and that it was an accident. This piece of Howard cruelty had me really fuming, more than the Seb incident.
GrowlyNoir chapter 8 . 4/18/2012
-"That's just Tony Harrison," Vince offered helpfully-

I thought so ; )

-Howard could be a wanker but he didn't deserve to be psychoanalyzed by a stoned American. No one needs that.-

I laughed at that. But Seb seems like a nice guy after all.

I can't believe how insensitive Howard was about the zoo. It was Vince's paradise, but of course he put his beloved Bollo first.
GrowlyNoir chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
-"It's a head! Oh my God, Howard! Help me, there's a head!"-

Is it pink with tentacles? Be afraid, Seb. Be VERY afraid.

-Vince found himself giggling. Howard's face immediately turned cold.-

Oh no, not again! It just shows that Vince is happy/nervous. It isn't meant to hurt, but Howard always assumes the laughter is AT him.
GrowlyNoir chapter 6 . 4/18/2012
The best way for a Noir to torture himself is to start thinking. If Howard hadn't gone after him, I shudder to think what might have happened.

I'm sure Bollo would be happy to throw Sebastian out.
GrowlyNoir chapter 5 . 4/18/2012
-Howard loved him and that was more than enough for Vince.-

But now Vince's whole world has just fallen apart, thanks to that hateful Seb. No "Don't Touch Me!" for him.

I liked how their younger selves bonded over the drawing & Vince wanting to have Howard's coat, but not recognising his crush.

And now I'm feeling CRUSHED.
GrowlyNoir chapter 4 . 4/18/2012
-"Howard's not on the menu."-

-Vince wanted to stab the younger man with a fork.-

Not that Vince cares, but this Seb is outstaying his welcome.

If he gets his straighteners out...
GrowlyNoir chapter 3 . 4/18/2012
-"My Zooniverse jacket? You chucked my Zooniverse jacket?"-

Howard! Seb had better give it back. Vince will treasure that jacket more than anything else in his wardrobe.

-"Me Bollo. This, Naboo. We live with precious and beautiful Vince and big ballbag Harold."-

Keepers of the Noir. Watch yourself, Seb.
GrowlyNoir chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
-He ducked to avoid being hit by a pink pith helmet sent flying at his head.-

I chuckled here.

-"Why are you giving my clothes to strangers?"-

Be sure your sins will find you out, Howard.

Welcome to the madhouse, Sebastian.
GrowlyNoir chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
The thoughts and dialogue in this chapter are perfectly in character and entertaining. Both clearly oblivious at this point, not in denial.

-"You have a friend coming over?... "You're not mad I knicked your bookmark?"

Vince's confusion/disbelief over Howard displaying un-Howardy behaviour is very cute. After all he's the Howard expert.