Reviews for Baby Sister
MayContainHyjinks chapter 1 . 8/4
Dear Bookworm Gal,

This is almost better then trying new food xD all these new universes.

Whew. Wow. You captured the moment alright. I don't need to know the original context to be rooting for Eve to come back! (Even if I suspect no such thing will end well.

Thanks for the story!
-Hyjinks
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 3/16
I recently re-watched the Mummy movies and went in search of fanfic. I haven't really found much that appeals to my taste until I found this on someone's favorites list. This hit all the notes I crave! You did a fantastic job of capturing Jonathan's personality. I could feel his helplessness, his sorrow and his fears as he watched his baby sister lying motionless. This paragraph was especially powerful:

"He'd seen a corpse come to life and walk the desert. He'd seen a few words transform a dead body into a terrifying monster. He'd seen the plagues of Egypt unleashed upon the world again. He'd seen sandstorms with a face, pygmy mummies, and other acts of magic. And yet, the most unbelievable thing he'd witnessed was the absolute stillness of his baby sister."

Most of all, I liked Jonathan's determination that Evelyn was not dead—that she would live again—and was willing to sacrifice his own life to buy Alex time to save his mother. I realize this is an older piece, but I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed it. Many thanks for sharing this.
Nolidoli chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
I think you captured the moment well.
Eienvine chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Aww, I really liked this! I do love Jonathan, and I think you captured their relationship well.
TheMapofHistory chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I loved this. Usually it annoys me when I read a scene without changes and it's through the POV of a specific character, but this was amazing. The movie just focuses on Rick's grief, and I like how you explained Jonathan's lack of reaction as shock. Awesome job!
Lyrical Ballads chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
There's a sad lack of Jonathan fic out there, so I was really glad to find this. Great job!
Safirefly chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Seriously, this gave me shivers at parts. I think you really caught me at,

'The very idea that she wouldn't be there someday to complain about his less-than-ideal habits was simply unthinkable.'

I loved the first Mummy movie, I wasn't crazy about the second one- but this oneshot is amazing.

You should write more fics starring Jonathan- maybe some sort of mini-adventures of his own that take place either before the first movie, between the first and second, or after the second. It would be fun to have him and Evey get caught off on some brother-and-sister archeology adventure before they met O'Connell... maybe someone Jonathan stole something from hunts him down when he pays a visit to Evey back when she's still a librarian, or...

Alright, I better stop now. Your random story ideas are giving me random story ideas, and I'm already in the middle of scads of writing projects right now.

Demonwolf chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
I think you captured Jonathan's thoughts perfectly. Up until that point, he did kind of rely on Evy to bail him out of danger, but now he has to stand firm in her place. I guess even a "failure" like Jonathan can't help but succeed in loving his sister.
Hedgi chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
wow. just.. wow. It's been years since i saw that movie, but in just the first few paragraphs, it all came rushing back. that was amazing.