Reviews for Harry and His New Life
I couldn't even finish the first chapter.
paz chapter 19 . 6/11
Lovely
Aionne chapter 3 . 6/13
Story :Emancipated M s/9877185/14/
Ruairi J.L chapter 1 . 6/1
I think this is a good idea, but having Harry know the seventh year curriculum just because he is secretly smarter than Hermione is a deus ex machina too far, I fear.
octayoung chapter 7 . 5/11
I'm doing my best to shake this, but I can't. This is the first time I've ever posted and I hope it's cathartic to my wounded psyche. I love Hermione's character, and her punishment compels me to quit caring about this version of Harry and this story. I quit reading halfway thru chapter 8, when Harry goes "Gee, I didn't want that to happen..but O well. Too bad, so sad", and realized there was to be no forgiveness or rescue. Seriously! Her parents throw her away and she becomes a goblin breeder for the rest of her life then death! And Tracy wins the lottery, despite having no history with Harry, and he loves her immediately simply because of a contract. I'm done.
This... is one of the most ridiculously overpowered and fast paced fanfictions I have ever read.
Ok I have to say I feel sorry for the bones,black,lupin and granger this really is stressing me out but I can't complain because it's amazing
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 2/20
Regarding your author's notes, I think anyone who has read ANY HP fanfiction should be aware that marriage brings an automatic alliance between the two families involved (Potter/Davis and Longbottom/Greengrass, in this case). This means that they are automatically allied with any allies of each other's houses. If there are conflicts, I would assume all dealings are laid out openly between the marrying houses, so that the new marriage alliance can make adjustments accordingly. My understanding is not canon, or even "fanon," however; it is just the application of common sense, which may mean nothing in the Wizarding world. I suppose exceptions would also be made if the parents of the bride or groom do not support the marriage. Andromeda Black and Ted Tonks are one example. The Blacks kicked her out of the family for marrying Ted, so obviously they would not honor any of his alliances.

I feel sorry for the Weasleys who were innocent (Bill, Charlie, the twins, and Arthur). However, Arthur should have made sure that Molly and he were on the same page when it came to their financial dealings, methods of child-rearing, and moral codes before he allowed her to wear the pants in the family. Even better, he should have made sure before marrying her.

Hermione's punishment seems harsh, although a more fitting one might have been to strip her of all special knowledge, repossess her books, and forbid her from ever reading again. That would have sent her over the edge. Ginny's punishment seems fitting, given that some fanfics give her the nickname "Doorknob," meaning everyone gets a turn. I hope Ron didn't make the dragon sick.
Lamorak Korving chapter 1 . 2/11
Gryffindeors are supposed to stick up for one another, not blame Harry for
something he didn't do, and Hufflepuffs, according to the Sorting Hat, are meant
to be just and loyal, yet are treating Harry very unjustly and cruelly. As for the
Ravenclaws, they are supposed to be wise and highly intelligent, but are instead
being stupid and unwise in turning on the only person powerful enough to defeat Lord
Voldemort. I really hope Slytherin doesn't act the same way towards him.
StoneTheLoner chapter 9 . 1/27
This had some potential at the start, but when it turned into a power fantasy of yours I lost interest. Good attempt, just not something I could enjoy.
Blazeb79 chapter 19 . 1/10
Lmao. Great story. Very fun read, you really have a gift for betraying people stories, i like it.
DannyBoy2k chapter 7 . 1/10
So, essentially, you sentenced Ginny and Hermioneto systematic rape, and the rest of the Weasleys to death by exposure and starvation. Charming!
Deathmvp chapter 19 . 1/4
Outstanding work on this story. I loved how you had it going and the flow you used in it.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/29/2015
I am incredibly confused by this chapter. Firstly, Tracy’s reaction was so non-Slytherin as to be absurd. A Slytherin would use cunning to get what she wants (Harry) and to make sure the rest of her House knew it was through a contract, leaving her blameless for any decisions. She could even play them in some manner to be blameless for showing Harry affection by saying she's manipulating him.

However, her letter is so bizarre as to turn any reasonably intelligent teen against her. If she is so cowed by public opinion that she turns on her betrothed, what’s to stop her from doing so again and again? I can't see Harry accepting her without a strong oath on her part.

Secondly, you’ve made so many people enemies in this chapter with no motive or credible reasons behind it. Why would Sirius and Remus betray Harry, lie to him, steal from him and cast binding spells on him? And worse than that, why in the world would readers believe that “Sirius and Remus weren’t bad men and he knew they loved him…” People who love other people don’t lie, cheat, steal and harm those they love.

I usually enjoy your stories, but this one has so many false premises it makes it almost impossible to read. It’s simply not credible.
sandwench chapter 19 . 11/16/2015
I liked your story. Thank you for posting it and sharing. What happened with Aberforth Dumbledore? I didn't see him mentioned later in the story since he was the one who clued Harry into everything and was the one to begin helping him before the goblins took over.

I hoped Aberforth Dumbledore & Amelia Bones would have escaped. Sirius' and Remus' duplicity was treacherous and I didn't understand well why they would do that. I was very let down at their betrayal. I kept hoping that Minerva, Hermione, Sirius and Remus were imperio'd by Albus. Ah, but it was not to be.

Thanks again! Please continue sharing your stories. I look forward to reading them!