Reviews for Against All Odds
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Ohh my god this was one of the best fictions i've ever read:oo reaaaally good:)3
eva-david chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Just wanted to let you know that I liked this story :)

Summer
Crazy chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
i got a little confused if im to be honest with you but besides that i think it is a great story :)
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
The weather is rainy, as is the condition of my face right now, if that makes sense.

Because this has torn me into a million little bits and pieces, and I haven't cried this hard at a fic in ... idk, 15 pages of archived Tiva stories, and the fact that you wrote a story line that resembles one on the show almost a whole YEAR before the show aired it is just ... haunting.

But no, that's not what I meant to focus on. I was crying because geez, this is heartbreaking! His fear and anger and her pain and their fight and EVERYTHING-I started crying in the middle of the fic and only just stopped. And now I feel like going back to read it again, which is probably a bad idea now that I've SOMEWHAT calmed down.

So I'll just stop here and favourite this and say, excellent fic. Outstanding work; I haven't read something so terrifyingly memorable and well-written in a long time.

Oh, and, favourite sentence: "I can't just be Ziva, the assassin or Ziva, the murderer or Ziva, the cold, heartless Mossad transfer who never really understood Americans or their stupid language-" Because that is just so much like how people here, or even on the show, see her sometimes that it KILLS ME to even think about how she'd feel if her colleagues thought that.

Oh lord, I'm off to cry again.

-Soph
starryjules chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I like this; it is very good. It is a tad confusing but I think it was more me trying to read it with a chatty six year old in the room...not a fic you can skim through ;-)

I like what you captured with Ziva here though, I think it's a side of her that they could and should explore further on the show. I really enjoyed her finally opening up, especially:

"I can't just be Ziva, the assassin or Ziva, the murderer or Ziva, the cold, heartless Mossad transfer who never really understood Americans or their stupid language"

Nice work!
Just another Reader chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
To be quite honest... despite that it was confusing and took me a few times to read to understand the bleep just happened... it was actually really good. Not sure if it fullly captured their words, but it definetly caught their essance. The meanings and the deeper undertones, and the darker sides to each. So, really, really well written. Congradulations! -

Hope to see more of your works in the future.
nelljones chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
I think my favorite part was:

-He watches her fall apart.

"Flashes? Ziva, what-"

"I can't feel anything, Tony."

And her voice is so void of emotion, so blank and dark and empty that he almost feels himself sucked in.-

But really, I loved the whole thing. I liked the repetition of how long they had left. It was just, brilliant. Great job! :D
jc chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
i liked the story very much but the "style" was a little hard to follow
Lydia chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Awesome!
pirate-princess1 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I love this. Especially the part where Ziva says she's not concerned with livng. The entire thing is beautifully written! Great job! :)
Tiva lovah chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
I really enjoyed this! It was great! My faveorite line was "I don't know how to live Tony, but I promise I'll try." ahh so good!
1Styx and Stones1 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Wow. This is so frickin' good. I don't- I can't-

I don't really have words, actually, so I'll just tell you that I loved the entire thing. The format was really cool, and I was laughing just as much as I was sniffling. Favorite line? I loved it all . . . Like, seriously.

Great work. Thanks so much for sharing!
ziva-abby11 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This was really good, a bit like trying to piece a mental puzzle together and that made this quite an exciting piece to read! Keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of your exams! :)
CSIGeekFan chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
I really enjoyed your story. I can see so much of this building up after her return from Somalia. Good luck with your exams.
Courtzylovesit chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
It was really good! Yes it did take me a while to understand what was going on, but it was kind of a happy ending which i am always a sucker for :) love the end and the whole conversation between them her explanation which is totally their characters way of describing things :) well done