Reviews for The Messy Bits
Poppy P chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Your Snape is a complete & utter bastard! But it makes so much sense now. I thought he was a little off canon in DAYD, but now that I've read this piece, I can see why you portrayed him like you did. Really masterful.
kci47 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Hmm, I like this idea of why Snape hates Neville so much.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Snape is one of those characters that I like and hate. He's a perfect 'bad guy.'

He's so easy to hate in the beginning and then the reader starts to get pieces of his past and he's honestly just impossible to figure out.

Sometimes I hate him. Like, why does what James did to you give you the right to treat Harry that way?

But other times, all I see is the adult who let something from his past affect him so much that I feel so bad.

It's confusing, which is why I love this. It brings both of my feelings toward Snape together and it's so... beautiful feels like the wrong word, but I'm going stick with it.
Greensl33ves chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Because Snape wasn't enough of a creeper already. Yeah, Lily'd have love to see him after discarding the husband and infant. Cuppa tea, handkerchief, the sight of flowers, and she'd be all his.

And Snape wonders why she chose the idiotic sports star over him. Hmmm.

Excellent, as always. Creepy, and very Snape. Blech.
NotAnAverageSlytherin chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Merlin you are such a fantastic author/storyteller. Absolutely beautiful.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Very nice. Keep writing
duj chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
While sadistic-Snape was a popular canon-trope for years, since DH it's no longer a supportable interpretation. I find this fic to be rather anti-canonical, both because Snape had promised Dumbledore to protect the students and because Neville attributed the cruel punishments of his seventh year to the *Carrows* rather than the headmaster. Still, it's powerful writing and true to itself and to RL; there are people like this in the world, I believe. Fortunately, I've never met any.
Elegancexx chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Very interesting. I had wondered a bit on what Snape might have thought throughout this whole ordeal, as you remained so canon to JKR's book during DAYD. It made me wonder what you behind-the-scenes thoughts were on Snape, so it's interesting to see. Thank you for posting this, and it is good to see another entry from you!