Reviews for The History of Music
Nessie-san chapter 11 . 7/10
This was really beautiful. I never thought of Steve having a crush on Howard (I always liked Stucky, and Starcky, quite frankly XD), but I really liked how you dealt with Steve's being gay in here. So many fics completely skate over it, or assume that because he's Captain America he's fully up to date on gay rights, but while he's obviously not a bigot, you still have to deal with the fact that he's from the nineteen forties, you know? Brilliant job on this fic, and I can't wait to read some of the others you've written (although the Potter one might take me a while, simply because I'm not currently on a Potterfic run at the moment XD)
Nessie-san chapter 8 . 7/10
OUCH, GOD... wow. That's... DAMN. Way to just... shit, that's really digging the knife in deep. Scratch that, it's effing twisting a knife with a jagged (not serrated, but JAGGED) edge deep into a wound that's only just scabbed over.
Nessie-san chapter 6 . 7/10
Jesus, Tony. Real fucking mature XD *shakes head* Which reminds me, I don't know whether I've asked you in any previous reviews, but are you male or female? I tend to assume that those who write slash fiction, especially slash fiction in which the characters are fully fleshed out, are female, but I've been surprised a couple of times, and since the fandoms you write for (excepting Sherlock) have as many male fans as female, I figured I'd ask -
medstudent1026 chapter 11 . 4/24/2014
I really appreciate friendship. Fics without a lot of slash
EagleJarl chapter 11 . 2/14/2014
"want to whether if he liked television shows or still listened to radio shows" - You're missing some words in there.

I wasn't sure which approach you were going to take with the interview - have Steve handle it well of come off an ignorant fool. I'm really glad you took the approach you did. As you say, Captain America is a symbol...showing his personal difficulties is one thing, but I would have been sad if you had shown him being humiliated in public.

So, is this complete or is there more coming?
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 2/14/2014
Aww, man. I was really hoping for a little more "Steve beats the living crap out of Tony even while Tony's in the armor" wackiness.

So, Tony goes both ways, huh? Didn't see that one coming. You said in the summary that there's slash "if you squint" - I wonder I that's going to increase later on? I'm not a fan of most slash because it feels forced and out of character, but I think it would work in your story. You've showed enough of their backstory together that it would feel earned.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 2/14/2014
"Why aren't you coffee?" whined Tony.

I laughed so hard I started coughing and nearly couldn't breathe. Thanks. :)

Also, stealing Cap's shield for a fight when you're in the armor? Lame, Tony. Not even good training - it's not like he'd give it to anyone he didn't consider a friend. Jerk. (But we all knew that, didn't we?)
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 2/14/2014
Ouch. I bet that conversation really hurt both of them.

In brighter news, I would have really enjoyed the liver tests and seeing Steve get drunk. I suspect that would be hilarious.

I meant to ask - where did you learn all the 1940s slang? Or did you make it all up? I never heard the "invert" or "dead hoofer" terms before.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 2/14/2014
This chapter was...was...awful, and sweet, and embarrassing, and hilarious. The mixed messages fortune was probably the best.
EagleJarl chapter 6 . 2/14/2014
"You are aware that there's a difference between being old and being stupid, right?" - Funny. :)

Had I been drinking when I read that "how's that working out for you?" line, I probably would have done an actual spit take. As it was, I just gawped a bit.
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 2/14/2014
Han on. You're not really making Steve gay, are you? That's not very consistent with his reaction to the gays on the street.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 2/14/2014
Yep. Tony would totally tell Steve that Mavis was trapped in the computer. And Steve would totally buy into it...at least halfway. Ah, well. At least Tony didn't give him that "shoot the zombies by typing" game. (I don't remember the name.)
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 2/14/2014
You dons really good job of showing the downsides of being Captain America. Yes, perfect body with great strength / speed / agility / senses etc, amazing shield and shield skills, an exciting and meaningful life...but everyone he ever knew is dead, the society he is living in is licentious and
(to him) immoral, and he usually doesn't understand what everyone is talking about. The fact that he manages as well as he does is phenomenal. The ose is strong with this one.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Kudos. Everyone sounds like themselves - you nailed the voices. The idea of the radio is excellent...I can totally see SHIELD doing that. And I laughed out loud for the Captain America underwear and Steve's reaction to it. And the genetic algorithm is exactly the kind of thing that Tony would do. And, frankly, a really good idea.

My only criticism is that I would have liked a sentence or two explaining who it was that called Tony is, because it sure wasn't Fury.

I'm looking forward to more of this.
My Solitude chapter 11 . 12/8/2012