Reviews for The History of Music
EagleJarl chapter 11 . 2/14
"want to whether if he liked television shows or still listened to radio shows" - You're missing some words in there.

I wasn't sure which approach you were going to take with the interview - have Steve handle it well of come off an ignorant fool. I'm really glad you took the approach you did. As you say, Captain America is a symbol...showing his personal difficulties is one thing, but I would have been sad if you had shown him being humiliated in public.

So, is this complete or is there more coming?
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 2/14
Aww, man. I was really hoping for a little more "Steve beats the living crap out of Tony even while Tony's in the armor" wackiness.

So, Tony goes both ways, huh? Didn't see that one coming. You said in the summary that there's slash "if you squint" - I wonder I that's going to increase later on? I'm not a fan of most slash because it feels forced and out of character, but I think it would work in your story. You've showed enough of their backstory together that it would feel earned.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 2/14
"Why aren't you coffee?" whined Tony.

I laughed so hard I started coughing and nearly couldn't breathe. Thanks. :)

Also, stealing Cap's shield for a fight when you're in the armor? Lame, Tony. Not even good training - it's not like he'd give it to anyone he didn't consider a friend. Jerk. (But we all knew that, didn't we?)
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 2/14
Ouch. I bet that conversation really hurt both of them.

In brighter news, I would have really enjoyed the liver tests and seeing Steve get drunk. I suspect that would be hilarious.

I meant to ask - where did you learn all the 1940s slang? Or did you make it all up? I never heard the "invert" or "dead hoofer" terms before.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 2/14
This chapter was...was...awful, and sweet, and embarrassing, and hilarious. The mixed messages fortune was probably the best.
EagleJarl chapter 6 . 2/14
"You are aware that there's a difference between being old and being stupid, right?" - Funny. :)

Had I been drinking when I read that "how's that working out for you?" line, I probably would have done an actual spit take. As it was, I just gawped a bit.
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 2/14
Han on. You're not really making Steve gay, are you? That's not very consistent with his reaction to the gays on the street.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 2/14
Yep. Tony would totally tell Steve that Mavis was trapped in the computer. And Steve would totally buy into it...at least halfway. Ah, well. At least Tony didn't give him that "shoot the zombies by typing" game. (I don't remember the name.)
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 2/14
You dons really good job of showing the downsides of being Captain America. Yes, perfect body with great strength / speed / agility / senses etc, amazing shield and shield skills, an exciting and meaningful life...but everyone he ever knew is dead, the society he is living in is licentious and
(to him) immoral, and he usually doesn't understand what everyone is talking about. The fact that he manages as well as he does is phenomenal. The ose is strong with this one.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 2/14
Kudos. Everyone sounds like themselves - you nailed the voices. The idea of the radio is excellent...I can totally see SHIELD doing that. And I laughed out loud for the Captain America underwear and Steve's reaction to it. And the genetic algorithm is exactly the kind of thing that Tony would do. And, frankly, a really good idea.

My only criticism is that I would have liked a sentence or two explaining who it was that called Tony is, because it sure wasn't Fury.

I'm looking forward to more of this.
My Solitude chapter 11 . 12/8/2012
Interesting story. I really enjoyed reading it. XD
Marie chapter 11 . 11/11/2012
Great story, I loved it.
StrictlySomething chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
Yay! I'm very happy with this, I think you did an excellent job!
ORgasmicPigeon chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
Thos was rather great to read! It's nice to have some FIcs that aren't based completely around slash and romance you know? :) really brill!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 11 . 10/22/2012