Reviews for A Garden of Decaying Flowers
TheDoctorWatchesHetalia chapter 1 . 4/26
I'm sorry but I really want to kill Yao right now.

But this story, though... my god. I love it! Keep updating! This plot has kept me on edge, I tell you.
I loove this story! The drama, the characters, the relationships! I really want to know what happens next, and I hope you'll continue writing :)
croaksome3 chapter 24 . 3/10
Oh my god the drama, so much drama going on in the castle. I absolutely love your writing. The settings and the plots are awesome. I feel sorry for Arthur and Alfred if only they will communicate more often then they wouldn't be in so much pain. Your story has so much melancholy. The air they breath is filled with deciet and sorrow or so it seem to me. Even when you write the characters as happy there is still some sadness in the air and I love the story for it.
This is my favorite hetalia fan fiction. Please do update and complete this wonderful masterpiece.
EmbraceEveryDream chapter 24 . 1/25
Oh my god, this is freaking amazing I was completely hooked on this and I couldn't stop till I've read all 24 chapters. So happy I've found this story and looking forward to your next update.
nuclear taste2 chapter 24 . 1/13
oops I prematurely sent the review. Um, what I was going to say is don't be discouraged by the reviews, I don't think they mean anything negative by it...they're just very emotional-which is a good thing! Honestly, in regards to Alfred's fantasizing about Kiku... In relationships, everyone looks, and although it's supposed to be all foreshadowing and meaningful Alfred's not a horrible person. Like I said, you're delving into more mature and dynamic elements in a relationship, which is something you'd expect of good storytelling about polygamy.

Once again I love love love your fic. I eagerly await the next update1
nuclear taste2 chapter 1 . 1/13
Oooooo I can hardly wait for the next update! But I know you are writing the Blue Exorcist fic, so I will wait patiently 0:) Just know there are fans who haven't forgotten this fic! This is one of my favorite USUK fics..and I've read them all. I always rec this fic to ppl looking for fantastic but underrated fanfiction. I think what I love most about the fic is the intrigue between the flowers. What we've seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg, I think, if the Prologue is anything to go by. I look forward to see how Alfred's character develops...for good or bad.

And, pls don't listen to the hater reviews bagging on Alfred. Honestly, if they have a problem they can read every other fanfic out there. Exploring polygamous relationships is not going to be a happy ride for fans uncomfortable with anything other than fairy tale romance. I like them too, but this fic is a breath of fresh air.
Basuke Vongola-Style chapter 4 . 1/7
I'll just keep spamming you with my reviews.

I can't help but think about what-ifs here..

What if Arthur finally had enough of Alfred going to Ivan and fled the castle long with Peter. And maybe found Gilbert long the way.

Or Alfred got so jealous about something(someone getting too lose to Arthur or something of that sort) and snapped and hurt Arthur. Making Arthur fear him and didn't want to go near him or let Alfred touch him.

Ah well, my head has been filled with cliches lately..

Hope you'll update soon! Waiting hurts just as much as Alfred hurting Arthur.
Basuke Vongola-Style chapter 24 . 1/7
It hurts my heart you know. Alfred saying that he loved Arthur this and that. And then he finds someone who triggers his fancy and starts imagining dirty things and leaving poor Arthur hurting in the background. At least Kiku is Arthur's friend... It still hurts dammit! I'm crying TTOTT
Then Alfred was so jealous of everyone who comes into contact with Arthur. Even when he is eyeing some other person.
And then there's the baby issue. I wonder if Arthu's going to tell Alfred about his suspicions(fears?).
Lastly, I love this story. I really do! It's a great read but if Alfred's going to keep hurting Arthur like that, I am seriously going to dislike him more in here.
P.S. But I like the author thogh. It's just the feels of drama is making my bloody heart clench!
natcat5 chapter 24 . 9/16/2014
/cheers and sobs
When I picked this up to reread, I was so hoping it would be finished so that I wouldn't have to deal with all of the drama and tension and could just read it all in one shot. TT
Not to say I'm not enjoying the story! I'm weak against drama and Arthur in pain is all.
SerenadePanda chapter 23 . 8/2/2014
Poor Arthur, he is always end up hurting, i feel bad for him
But, at least we know Kiku cared for Arthur
And, who is the culprit behind Arthur poisoning? I'm really curious...
Moreover, I can't even be sure the father of Arthur's baby...
Sooo... I'm suspecting it's not Alfred, though i DO hope it's him
SerenadePanda chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
I know this review is veryy late, but i have to say this,
NO I DON'T LIKE IVAN, nor ALFRED, NO
I hate Ivan because he had sex with Al, and I hate Al because he used Ivan to relieve his stress
My reason is very unreasonable, aren't I?
Well, gotta go now, since I want to know what's happen in the next chapter
Stay awesome, okay author-san?

P.S. : I'm reaally happy when I looked at the.. umm... information of this story(?) Especially at the part 'Updated : Jun 4' that's mean it's been 3 years since you've written this story
Aand when i'm looking at the reviews, it looks that you were on hiatus for this story. But you came back! Glad to have you back on this story. So keep going!
LaCie-Senpai chapter 22 . 7/10/2014
i'm sorry but the past chapter number 24 is in the past of this story right? Fantastic job by the way this story is a favorite of mine i'm glad you've begun to update again.
MoonlightShadowMaiden chapter 24 . 6/28/2014
Yay ! So cute Again, I just love the different kinds of relationships that are between Alfred and the flowers as well as the flowers between themselves. I think it's really cute that Kiku is truly worried about Arthur.
Please continue! :)
ellecasszio chapter 24 . 6/5/2014
Wow! That was a very quick update. Thank you very very much!

I'm so happy that I get to read more of the story. And just like I thought, the Asian flowers were blamed for the poison, but the question is "WHO" actually did it? Yeah, I know it's not Yao, Mei or Kiku, but then again I don't think Ivan and his people did it (though they might wanted to.)

May I ask where will the tale of the past end? After Arthur gives birth? Because even the present time there are many problems and drama ahead. Perhaps, Alfred want to confront Ludwig again and the secret of Ludwig's birth may be revealed. To think that he doesn't even know that Gilbert is his mother is kind of sad... Also, one of flowers may get pregnant next and people will question if Peter was the real son of the emperor. Ah! So many things that can happen.

PS. Look forward to reading more soon (maybe the end of this June?) Please keep up the good work! _
MoonlightShadowMaiden chapter 23 . 6/2/2014
.god.
I lost my interest in this fandom like two years ago, but then I decided to check if anything would spike my interest. Then BAM I see this story.
Amazing, simply amazing. I was hooked since the first chapter! I mean, I've never been interested in politics at all, but the story, the plot, the characters are simply so amazing that I actually started to be interested in politics. The world you created with the Emperor, the flowers and begetters is wonderful. I usually don't like harems too much in Hetalia fics especially since my OTP is already UsUk but it's great reading the relationship that Alfred has with his flowers (especially with Chamomile).
I love the history you put into every character that made them important to the plot even though they were only secondary characters (like Gil and Ludwig).

Um, I realized a little late that I should've reviewed for each chapter as I read but my patience ran thin so I just continued on reading cause it's so effing interesting. So I apologize for that but I hope this super long review will make up for it :)

More accolades (going backwards from each parts):
Your characters are so interesting, I can picture them vividly in my head, especially Yao, I love your portrayal of the Easterners and the fight between the flowers for power (that I have seen from the first chapters).
My favorite scene of all time has to be the secret wedding. I seriously almost cried at the sheer beauty of that simple scene, it made my heart melt and squeal with the crown and chapel and everything (kind of reminded me of the wedding scene in the anime RomeoxJuliet, don't know if you saw it).
From Empress Consort to slave, wow, I did not see that one coming. I was shocked at the development but boy was it interesting. Francis definitely was a jerk. I rarely like him in fics cause he usually tries to sink my ship but your Francis was written so well that I actually felt sad when he died. I do wonder though, did he ever love Arthur?

UsUk:
There are different ways I've seen this OTP written but knowing those two, it's usually a kind of sacrificial love that they have for each other. That's an anspect of the relationship that I love about this couple no matter the fanfic. I can see it very clearly in your story and it's great. Alfred willing to do everything to make him Empress Consort and have a better life and even before that when he was protecting him and viceversa.

Review for the chapter:
Wow, poor poor Arthur, and yes, he usually gets hurt at the end of chapters ;) I definitely imagined one of them poisoning him but it's still horrible. The child of questionnable father eh? What the nobles did was sick. I hope to see a fluffy scene with Alfred at Arthur's bedside after this!

P.S: Long live Game of Thrones!

:) hope you update sooner than this last one