Reviews for Impossible To Forget
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 1/21/2015
It isn't exactly a new idea for Damon to leave and her to chase after him because she finally realizes that she needs him, but that isn't to say I don't still enjoy the heck out of it. After how long he spent chasing her, turnabout is fair play. Anyway, I loved your interpretation of the idea. :)
DGeckoLover chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
If this is the sort of stuff you just throw out and isn't your best work, then by all means please indulge us with your impulses more often ;-)

Loved it!
freakyfresh chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Another fantastic story!
Madjestic chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Aww, I adore this. I'd love to see Damon do something drastic on the show, Elena's been awful recently and taken him for granted, so I love when I find a great fic where he leaves :D
Perfect Pirate Captain chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Beautiful. My only really concern is that they didn't even discuss the fact that she went straight to Stefan's bed and then to his. Was that just a mistake on her part that they overlooked?
T.J. Wise chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Niiice! I love how thenhuman and vulnerable side of damon shows up in this story. Bless the man, Elena keeps stringing him along... Nicely one!
mrs.salvatore39 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
incredible job. there are no words to tell you how great this is.
Jade2099 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Amazing! Simply amazing! And how it SHOULD BE! :)
killerbunny117 chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
nice job!
Lizzy85cec chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Aww! That was sadly beautiful :) It was everything from heartbraeking to heartsoaring... I loved it! Especially the end ;) What a perfect line... "It would be an everyday occurrence." Just freaking amazing!

Awesome!
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
this is beyond beautiful. unfortunately, it's completely realistic - i just can't see elena being strong enough not to take stefan back when he goes back to "normal" (because we all know he will never be the same). i hope to god that she's strong enough, but if she's not, i'd hope something like this happens.

and this:

And when he woke up the next morning to her body curled into him and her head resting in the crook of his shoulder, he swore to himself that he'd wait for her forever if it had to.

flawless.
notashamedtobe chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
How utterly perfect
Hopeless-Curious-Reader chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
You know I love you and your stories, and I think after what I am about to say, I think I might be the only one who thinks like this,

BUT if and when Stefan fights the compulsion and the Ripper urges, and becomes somewhat agreeable (because I don't think we'll get the season 1 Stefan anymore, I'll explain my reasons below) and Elena decides to just up and forget everything that she felt in the meantime and run into the horizon with Stefan and hook up, I don't think she should ever go to Damon or Damon should ever long for her anymore. I don't mean to be rude, but it's obvious now that she most definitely has very very strong feelings for Damon. What Elena has with Stefan are sweet tender love. Elena is so hopeful and so passionate and driven to help and find Stefan and save him, that she's ignoring all the red flags.

Every single person can say that they've been in one of those relationships that they're so blissfully unaware and in love that they don't see the big picture — that the relationships is destructive or not good for them until they separate from it. Maybe that’s partly why it’s so hard for Elena to admit she cares about Damon ?

She's in denial and she doesn't want to say anything out loud. If she says it or thinks it, then it makes it real. I think that she's deflecting and avoiding her problems. It's the elephant in the room. Everyone knows it and she's just avoiding it.

So, if she continues to do that, then she'll continue to use Damon even if it's completely and utterly unintentional. And he'll be the second fiddle, the brother that never got the girl, that never was happy. And honestly he'll (Damon) forever be the brother that gets little brother's...(for a lack of better and nicer word)...belonging.

He'll never be truly happy. Damon will be the one that was chosen after weighing in ALL the choices. I don't ever want that. Damon is such a unique and priceless person. He has flaws...so many of them,

but newsflash!

who doesn't?

I just love him so so much and Elena, AND their relationship. And if it's Elena's sane choice to choose and be with Stefan after he is sober, then I think she should stick to her choices, no matter what she feels for the other brother, because Damon deserves his peace at least. He deserves to be chosen and he deserves to have love that is unshared and unique and not second fiddle.

About not getting Season 1 Stefan back. What I think is, even when the compulsion wasn't there, Stefan did more heinous things than what he did after the compulsion.

I could see Stefan as a Ripper going into much worse territory. I mean, since he was compelled to flip the switch all we've seen him do is:

1) Bite Elena (before Klaus probably pulled him off).

2) Kill a few girls (possibly, they could have been passed out for all we know since it was never said) in the Boarding House.

3) Play with and feed on some girls during Twister.

4) Be a jerk to Elena, and Alaric.

5) Be amused that Damon was being tortured - but still helped him.

6) Be tortured by Lexi.

7) Be mean to Elena.

And that's it. For a terrible, awful full-on ripper, that's not much. Honestly? The stuff he did post-Damon cure and pre-compulsion was worse (the bodies across the Eastern seaboard, smearing blood on walls, playing puzzles with dead bodies, scaring Andie half-to-death and then compelling her to jump to her death knowing what she was doing, not wanting to do it, but unable to not do it, viciously killing Chad and Not Now, Dana). MUCH WORSE.

So when compulsion wears off and even if he tries and controls his bloodlust, he'll be a different version of good Stefan. And if Elena can love that guy and be with him, then I guess Damon having his own life away from all this drama is better for him and everyone.

And like I always say...Elena doesn't really know Stefan. She knew the Stefan that was trying ass bent backwards to try and rid his Ripper persona, he knew the guy who walked around eggshells and was in his "best" form in front of her, she knew the guy who said and did all the right things. A part of the coin

Now she is knowing or seeing the guy that doesn't give a flying fig about anything at all, he does what he feels like and what his hear t desires. He feels free (in a way) a does stuff, and he doesn't care. At all. Another part of the coin.

So in all reality, Elena only knows parts and personalities of Stefan. Not the person, not the man. An idea of Stefan. It's like being in love with a ghost, a person that's not complete.

So if she can cope with ALL this and go back to Stefan when ALL is said and done, then she shouldn't even miss Damon. And let Damon live some shred of a life, without having the thought that what would have happened, if she thought she didn't miss me that much that she had to leave/find me... I would have been alone forever?

ANyways..really very very very sorry for the incessant rambling. I just felt something and HAD to write it out. I am really sorry if I upset you.
kat chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I'm so happy you posted another story. I believe you very realistically tackled a very real problem that I think will come up soon, because you know that they aren't going to keep Stefan evil for much longer. I was though bother by the fact that Elena would so quickly jump into bed with Stefan and so easily forgiving everything he did all summer. That really disappointed me that she wouldn't take 30-seconds to re-evaluate where they stood before she got back together with him. But I loved her chasing Damon down and I fully agree that unless and until Damon leave Elena won't have a clue what he means to her and her life. Excellent job, any chance you'll continue?
KKetura chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Really loved it, just sooo much angst, it was great! I enjoyed every second of this. Really great job.