Reviews for Queen of Camelot
FalconRukichi chapter 4 . 3/13/2015
Where i thought this should happen!
Lara Smith chapter 4 . 5/9/2012
If only this is what happened in the actual episode! BBC should have taken a look at your version before launching theirs onto screen.

It would have brought ARWEN closer together had Gwen left Camelot of her own choice and make Arthur realized his life will never be the same without her and that the longer he's separated from her, the more he misses her and the more he longs for her that he'll eventually seek her out and grovel for forgiveness and promises to repair their relationship. In the meantime Gwen could have made something of herself or found out she is someone important from another kingdom.

Men are stupid idiots and never realize the real treasure they have by their side until they are parted from them!
chawk1993 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Awesome chapter!
doctorsam chapter 4 . 11/30/2011
Love your version of events.

Gwen opting to leave on her own was better than being banished by Arthur! Arthur has broken her heart too many times. He can't just kiss the pain away! Why do royalty think they can toy with people's emotions so easily and treat their subjects like they were mere furniture?

It's crucial Gwen is on her own to strengthen herself. She's been cooped up in Camelot all her life. What is life like outside of Camelot? Would love it if Gwen could do some traveling/exploring on her own instead of being isolated from the rest of the world like Arthur! And someday she'll return with her heart ready to forgive and more knowledgeable, mature, wiser, and stronger than ever. A new Gwen transformation is required. She has always been the one to look after others at the expense of what she wanted. It's time she departed from that mentality and start thinking about what she desires and not wait for Fate to determine her destination!

BBC thrashed Gwen character so badly that it needs to be revamped ever since season 1 pilot episode. Also wondered why is it that all the white female actresses get to play strong, feisty roles with more lines and interesting story lines but Angel Coulby is portraying the role of a submissive, compliant, and too goody-two shoes character? If Gwen was white, the directors, writers, and producers wouldn't have portrayed her as a servant or just leave her in the background as extra prop for the story. Even Bradley James as a racist and bigot affirmed that the wrong actress was chosen to play Guinevere. Get the feeling he prefers the typical blonde hair/blue eyes beauty depicted in the legends as Guinevere.
Christina chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
After watching episode 9 I truly wish you were the writer, your story is so much better. Gwen has such pride in your version and at least they know of the enchantment, the actual episode left that part completely open. Ten points for your version, the actual episode gets a 3.

roy chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
you just missed the shouting scene, but a part from that this is perfect! Exactly how I think is gonna happen, can't wait for saturday!
CamelotForever chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
Such an amazing take on how 4.09 could unfold. A/G's scenes were so heartbreaking! You've done all the characters (especially Gwen) and the show justice. The way you write is so convincing that I sometimes forget its just fanfiction and it didn't actually happen on the show.

What Gwen said to Merlin in the cell was so well executed that her final decision made complete sense.

I can't express how much I enjoy your vision and storytelling. Just brilliant. Hope to read from you again! :)
alicin chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
oh i love your story

why don't u write something about to make them together again.

And where do u think Gwen can go.
strawberry shortcake chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
Does anyone know if the writers intended the series to have an ARWEN endgame or have them end up with different people? As an ARWEN fan, it's best if ARWEN temporarily takes a break and eventually will get together at the end of the entire series after they've been through more trials to test the strength of their love and that they are meant to be together.

I fear the writers are purposely trying to tear ARWEN asunder so that Lancelot/Gwen will turn out to be endgame (SERIOUSLY HOPE NOT). That'll be so boring! This is the new twist! They shouldn't always try to pair Gwen up with Lancelot. Legends have done it enough it's becoming a redundant theme!
IslandGem chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
Thank you for your FF! It was a pleasure to read and very well written. You've done justice to it and it is believeable to imagine that after all the stuff that happens, there is a possibility that A&G could not be together by the end of the ep-which while i am not overjoyed about, I still think is a good thing, and should give A some time to start thinking with some sense about his true love:)
Guardian Izz chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
I don't know if you have read synopsis for episode 11 yet, but it says that some princess (rolls eyes) comes to Camelot and apparently "charms both the court and the King" and then Guinevere returns (from somewhere) and is the only one (except Merlin of course) who can save Camelot and reveal the truth. But old wounds are still soar and the question is whether she succeeds or whether "a poisoned arrow strikes the heart of Camelot".

I am assuming that this is a similar episode to 2x10 with Lady Vivian only this time the Princess is evil and Gwen is still bitter most likely considering whether she should intervene or let the "poisoned arrow" strike Arthur and be his Queen.

So really this episode is a mix of 1x07 (the syth whom he almost married) and 2x10.
captainwest chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
I absolutely love this story
Anaisnine chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
Excellent chapter. I mean, I havent even seen any of season 4, but I have read some of the synopses online and honestly, the way you handled this chapter is really how I saw it playing out. I mean, even knowing that Gwen was enchanted, seeing her in Lancelot's arms would be a hard vision to shake for Arthur. And Gwen can't be too indignant about Arthur's reaction because she had pretty much the same reaction when he was enchanted with Vivian. But I understand completely why they break up...clearly someone doesnt want them together and you know, how many real or imagined betrayals can you suffer through with someone?

Hopefully, for the series this prompts Arthur to be more proactive in dealing with Morgana. I know I would get tired of her meddling in my love life. Its time for the hunted to become the hunter. And when is he going to figure out that whenever something shady goes down surrounding Gwen, Aghrivaine isnt too far behind?

Anyway, another kick in the teeth, but a good chapter, writers, do the writers for the show even like Arwen? *head scratch*
WhoNewbie chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
Amazing take on the episode! I can so see this happening and hope it does play out in a similiar fashion. Thanks for sharing your considerable talent with us once more.
jtjaforever chapter 4 . 11/22/2011
I look forward to seeing how close your vision of the ep is to the real thing.

This was angsty and so very real to the characters. I can see Gwen making this choice and what she said in the cell very apt.

Well done1