Reviews for Dogma
terragrigia chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
This has to be my favorite Sherry-centric one shot ever. I love everything about it. Wish that it was longer than this but that's just the fan girl in me talking. Loved your interpretation of Sherry, how she stood up to the snooty Excella and the older woman's response. Pure gold. Al is going to be pissed.

Anyway, why doesn't this have about a billion more reviews? Makes me wonder...
Ultimolu chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Wow, I agree with the others. This was well written. Some mistakes here and there but the emotions and scene was conveyed very well. It was near-perfect, in my opinion. It makes you wonder if Sherry's going to change her mind. Seems like Wesker needs her more than she needs him.

Anyways, continue.
Saint Sentiment chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
So this is a full-blown story? You've got my attention, dear heart. I like this way this began. This might be strange to say, but I can almost taste the prose, it's that pleasing to read. The tone is constrained, but elegant, and you capture Excella perfectly. I only really started liking Sherry recently, but the relationship she has with Wesker is very interesting, to say the least. Not your best? It's pretty good as far as I can tell. I can't wait to see what happens next.
sad little tiger chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I agree with cjjs. This deserves so much more attention.

Your interpretation of Excella was spot-on. I'm glad that you decided to write her into a story. She's always a great character to pit others against. Her disdain and just overall disgust (with what he's asked her to do, with Sherry, with her environment) is so perfectly IC Excella.

And Sherry... I really liked the fact that Wesker seems to be giving her something of a choice here. And it's almost as if he's asking nicely (!). I'm such a sucker for a respectable Wesker. I loved Sherry's aloofness. It brings him to mind, actually - the distance, the direct way of speaking (but indirect way of taking action), and his ever-charming boredom with everything around him. And Excella's reaction to Sherry also mirrors her treatment of Wesker (in what we see of their relationship in RE5, anyway). Beautifully written, and convincing.

The dialogue, as always with your work, is flawless. Believable and imaginable.

I hope you put out more slices-of-life like this. I loved it.

Great job, Maiden.
cjjs chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Let me reiterate my 'What the deuce, why is no one reviewing this?"

This is good, great even. A few typos and missed words here and there, but still a good piece, with two very interesting characters. I like your take on Excella, at her revulsion of her surroundings, and of herself for being coaxed into doing this fetch mission for Wesker.

And Sherry, well. I like her in this too, mainly because she's so likeable. She is the anti-Excella in this. Plain, moral and humble. It's nice to see that she found such a strong moral compass, seems like Racoon City strengthened her quite a bit.

Nice work.