Reviews for When There's Nothing Left to Burn
albee1000 chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I'm enjoying where this is going. I really liked the way you described Gerald's disappointment in light of what he was being offered. We're getting a look at the downside of drunken partying, and its not a fun thing. Keep it up!
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Wasn't this a oneshot you had earlier?

Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing this Gerald/Phoebe story develop into something more. I'm wondering what exactly happened that damaged Gerald so much emotionally.

I can't wait to see what you have in store.
SuprSingr chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Intensely intrigued... I like it so far. You're right, there really aren't too many Gerald/Phoebe chapter fics. So this is refreshing. :D I like it so far! All of Gerald's lovesick banter in his head was cute and believable. I especially like how you explained the difference between kissing Lila and kissing Phoebe. :D Update when you can. _

~SuprSingr
Wheeee chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This is really interesting. You are right, I dont think Ive ever seen a GeraldxPhoebe centric story on this website before! Nevertheless, it flows really nicely and I do find it really refreshing to see an author on this website that knows how to use correct grammar. You go kind of crazy with commas but it still comes together nicely, especially with the metaphors you use. You can tell that Gerald really reveres Phoebe but that he's, like the description implies, heart broken and just wants to forget about the situation by, well, "messing around" with someone else. What the hell happened to Lila? Interesting, interesting... update please. Ill go check out your other fic now!
Emilie Malfoy chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
"Sensing his sudden stiffness, Lila stopped what she was doing and looked at him with impatience."

PUN INTENDED?

hehehehe Just kidding. Good chappie, excited to see what happened between him and Phoebe. & Are you going to elaborate on why Lila is such a... well a dirty slut?

Update soon!
123456 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Wow, pretty good so far. (Sorry I'm too lazy to log into my account) Really excited to see where you are going... I'm glad you're showing the "not so glamourous" side of the Hillwood children, but instead giving it a more realistic light. For instance, high school kids (or are they in college?) drink and they party and they do things they regret. That's why they are kids, simple as that. They're not going to grow up with the exact same morals as when they were fourth graders... also glad you pointed out that Arnold is with Helga. Gives a glimmer of light to this otherwise dark chapter. Also, there were several great lines that I think might have had alterior meanings...

I think the first one i noticed was comparing Lila's kissing to a "sloppy tango dance" or something along those lines. Kind of reminds me of the April Fool's Day episode, hm? Don't know if that was on purpose, but it was definitely interesting. Also, caught the line, "everything was rushed and all he wanted to do was take his time" or something along those lines. Sounds kind of like childhood, innocence and all of the things associated with that is being taken away. Hmm, what else...

Ah, yes, also interesting was a line about Phoebe.. can't seem to find it but you said something about her looking out of place with a red cup in her hand. I think you said "it was as if the cup was drawn into the scene because it didn't belong there" which I found interesting because you are writing about a cartoon. Dunno if that was your intention. Anyway... awesome job, can't wait to hear more. I give this one a 9/10.
ScrubsxxFan chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
i love a good agnsty story, update soon
Runnning With Scissors chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Ahhh, wonderful, just wonderful! I like that it's kind of dark, I've never seen this side of Gerald before and it's very interesting. Wondering what happened between him and Phoebe. Based on this chapter i think it should be rated T but if you're planning on getting into some nitty gritty stuff than rate it however you please. Thanks, looking forward to the next bit~