Reviews for Regrets
one-wayward-girl chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Asdfghjkl:;;
Bekah chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Ive read this one-shot quite a few times now and I know your busy with 'Someone To Love You' but I really think this has potential to become a multi-chapter and I would LOVE it if you tried writing it :)
Bekah chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Ive read this one-shot quite a few times and I know your busy with 'Someone To Love You' but I really think this has amazing potential to be a multi-chapter and I would LOVE it if you tried writing it :)
ChordOverstreetFan chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This was a great fix for that episode. The episode wouldn't have needed a fix, though, if RIB was smart and kept Finchel apart! Finn has never seemed comfortable in his own skin, and you just shouldn't be intimate like that without being comfortable with your body. So I'm not surprised it was awkward.

I still think that the fact she lost her virginity to Finn, in canon, is the ONLY reason she agreed to his proposal. I stand by the idea that would have said NO if Jesse showed her something better before his proposal - but, no, they always keep Jesse away until sometime after sectionals or regionals.
TeebsSingerWriter chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
"Do you wanna grab a burger?" Ha, I'm sure the writers would have found a way to use that in the actual episode in order to show how inexperienced but caring Finn is and how much he loves Rachel. Thanks for making "The First Time" bearable for me and lots of other StBerry shippers, too.
LookingAnswers chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Ohhh I wish that was the real episode
writingrox12 chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This. Was. Perfect. Seriously. I was looking for something wonderful and St. Berry to read after watching Nationals, and I found it. God, I love the idea of her regularly cheating on Finn with Jesse just a little too much. No shame.

I'd love to see more of this if it ever strikes your fancy to continue it. :)
Sea Serpent chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
I thought Finn's question was very in character (and I'm guessing he'd get her one with real meat if she'd said yes). Although I prefer to think that Rachel simply gave Finn a lock of her hair and then went home, I liked this version of what happened afterwards.
Cris chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Okay, finally getting a free minute to start on my backlog of reviews! I laughed out loud at the first sentence of this one, because I knew IMMEDIATELY what Finn was referencing before he even said anything. Talk about insensitive! And yet somewhat understandable, too, because it’s his only experience to go off of. Hardly the scientific method, but then, we ARE talking about Finn here. I thought it was a nice parallel to the actual episode (which I know you hadn’t watched when you wrote this) that he asked if she wanted to grab a burger, and he ended up feeding her meat in the episode. Either way, it’s a pretty clear indicator that he doesn’t really know her well at all.

I STILL don’t know what possessed Rachel to do such a thing, but I suppose it’s in canon now and we might as well make the best of it. Or put our fingers in our ears, as erinsgirl has done. Check out this great quote: “I believe season 3 doesn't actually exist and season 2's existence is pretty questionable.” If only…

Poor girl, I felt really bad for her here when all was said and done and she realized that her first time was nothing worth remembering. Well, I take that back. It’s worth remembering so she doesn’t make the same mistake again: worth remembering that Finn isn’t all she made him out to be.

Well, at least this once Finn’s perpetual inattention was all for the good, because it got him out of the house without an argument. She’s going to have to deal with this at some point – cut him loose or accept that he’s as inept physically as he is at just about everything else – but I’m kind of glad we didn’t see the showdown here in this story. Without it, the story is more about her and Jesse coming together and re-forming their connection than it is about her growing away from Finn.

“Even through the fog of her pain, it occurred to her that Finn had seemed incredibly uncomfortable. Almost as if his hormones had driven him to perform an act that his mind wasn't quite ready to accept.” I LOVE this! It rings with authenticity. This is SO Finn! He’s uncomfortable in his own skin, so of course he’d be uncomfortable performing an intensely personal and physical act. It’s not something he’s comfortable with, and furthermore, it’s not something he’s comfortable with wanting. With Santana it was probably ten times easier, too – she knew what she was doing, she took control, and he just kind of had to be her puppet. But the dynamic is different here, and he wasn’t ready for it, and he didn’t handle it well at all. The fact that Rachel is able, even in her own moment of upset, to acknowledge how uncomfortable he seemed says a lot for her character. Finn no doubt noticed nothing of the kind about her.

But going back to Jesse, it was SO like him to just show up in her room like that, without warning. I love his devious side! Rachel’s automatic defense of Finn, while understandable, is awfully hard to sit through for those of us who know the truth she’s not yet ready to admit – that Finn isn’t and can never be what she wants or needs. Especially when she has to lie so badly in order to defend him. Thankfully, she’s a terrible liar and Jesse can see through it anyway, pressing her until she has no excuses left.

And when her second time was over (INFINITELY better than the first!) Jesse stayed with her, curling up with her and holding her like she (sort of) wanted from Finn but he wouldn’t provide. There really isn’t a comparison between the two encounters. Jesse is at home in his body the way Finn isn’t; he’s infinitely more experienced, but it’s more than that. It’s the way he feels about her, and how he knows her so well, and wants her happiness as much as his own.

TOO FUNNY that Finn doesn’t like the way she smells the next morning! Because of course she smells like Jesse, but he doesn’t know it (unless it’s some subconscious memory that he doesn’t recognize). And poor Finn doesn’t realize how much she was turned off by him, and her plans to use her dads as a convenient cockblocking excuse in the future. Or that she’s calling Jesse in her spare time…

Fantastic fix (as I knew it would be), and I can’t thank you enough for giving me something else to think about when I watched the episode. Because I’m a masochist and of course I watched it. Thank you for this alternate reality!
hayley30 chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Wow, this was just perfect. In the beginning I was actually getting disgusted by how horrible Finn was to her. The way you described how Rachel was feeling, was just ugh. No words. Pure Torture. And then! So beautifully contrasted with Jesse! He is so perfect!

This was the perfect way to fix the atrocity of "The First Time"; well the episode wasn't all together too bad, but the Finchel definitely was.

Perfect, perfect, perfect!
androgenius chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
"the memory of what she'd just done with Finn overwhelmed her, causing regret to settle like a stone in the pit of her stomach" - the stone analogy is perfect!

" a sweaty, fumbling boy on top of her… some cursory kneading of her breasts… a few perfunctory kisses… Then, almost without warning, he'd been inside of her, his eyes closed, thrusting blindly." - this is described almost too aptly! I've had enough fail!sex experiences to know that THIS IS REALLY HOW IT CAN GO SOMETIMES. MAN do I feel for Rachel here... ):

Also, can I just interject and comment on your diction? You have a way of wording things/using just the right diction that it just sounds incredibly beautiful. I love that!

"Now that she was no longer a virgin, and that she had an incredibly hot and skilful guy offering to show her how good sex could be, she simply couldn't resist seizing the opportunity." - GO RACHEL!

"You just had sex for the first time earlier tonight. I'm not sure your body's ready for another go-round." - at least SOMEONE knows what he's doing :p

"Feeling her begin to tense, he hummed along to the music she'd been vaguely aware of on a subconscious level all evening, and she relaxed instantly." - oh, I love this!

but nooooooooo! the sex scene was so short! I demand more next time! ;p

"Clearly, that instrument wasn't the only thing he could play with those agile digits." - ohhh, I'm sure Rachel is his FAVORITE instrument to play! :D

"Obviously, between then and now, he'd idealized their coupling in his mind." - ohhh, I can so see this...

awww, the ending! so much love for these two! god, I wish RIB would give us this kind of ending...
The Buried Girl chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
There's a reason their otp phrase ontumblr is 'for you'. This is one of the best one shots I've read in a loooong time, it was perfect. Also, you should watch the episode just for the moment he forgot she was a vegan (wtf?) and the fact she was wearing a pink cape (like a virgin, anyone?) while going to his house :P

Again, great job.
Elle Loves Glee chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Thank you thank you thank you for writing this! I adore St Berry! I'm glad Jesse could give Rachel a better experience both sexually and emotionally. Can't wait to read more of your work!
bandtogetherandfight chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
God! Rachel's pain and discomfort were so tangible in the first part of your story that it made my heart break a little for her! No worries, that was quickly balanced by the amazingness that was Jesse coming to her, knowing she would need comfort and with the intent of showing her exactly how things should be. I have to say, although the how the story played out and the actual love scene was hot, hot, hot, my favourite part of the story was the glimpse into Rachel's mind as she reflected on her time with Finn and how Jesse was the complete and perfect opposite. It was like an essay of all the reasons why Jesse is undoubtedly the better guy for Rachel. She knows she made a mistake, and that read clear as day. Thank you, thank you for writing this, and, from now on, this is my Glee canon. No one can convince me that this is not how things played out post 'The First Time,' which I never plan to watch. Perfection!
AmyLeigh88 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I'm so glad that you wrote a "fix" for what happened last night. I wasn't too bothered by Rachel losing her virginity to Finn, but this is how I imagine it would've been for her. Awkward and not good. Just b/c they're "in love" doesn't mean that Finn's just all of a sudden going to know what to do or that it's going to be some perfect, wonderful experience. He can't even remember something so basic about Rachel like she's a VEGAN. Yeah, that's what I call soulmates. *eyeroll*

I loved how Jesse just showed up b/c he heard of Rachel's plans. It's completely plausible since she did talk about it with everybody and their mother. LOL He gave her multiple outs from the moment they started doing more than just talking, and I loved that. He's the kind of guy that would totally go at her pace. Whatever that pace may be. Their first time together was just so sexy and hot.

They fell asleep together! *sigh* And the note he left her in the morning brought a smile to my face. He knows what he wants and he's not going to give up on her. I was so not expecting her to call him at the end, but I love that she did. :)