Reviews for Underneath it All
Allison chapter 7 . 12/27/2013
Really enjoyed this gem of a fic of yours demonsweat and that's saying a lot since Raph is the turtle i identify with the least but I just loved him in this,he was still the same gruff hot tempered turtle we all know and love but he didn't come off as overbearing and overly aggressive as some writers have a tendency to portray him so great job with that I also really loved your Mikey he was just so fun and fun loving just wanting to go out and enjoy himself but instead finding a whole barrel of trouble the poor turtle lol! I wish there was more scenes with Leo and Donnie though,this review is getting way to long so let me finish up by saying your OC was very cool and i usually hate OC in the tmnt fandom especially female OC but Allie was likable and nuanced and if possible I would love to read more on her and Raph.
LittleKy chapter 7 . 8/7/2013
I had found this story awhile back, and have been trying to find it again but couldn't for the longest time! It stuck out in my mind so much I just had to find it again! I LOVE your portrayal of Raph, I love his interactions with Mikey, and surprisingly, I REALLY like your OC! For whatever reason I usually avoid stories with female OC's like the plague- I usually don't like how they're written- but yours, I really enjoyed. Excellent job, loved it. :)
StixOfCinnamon chapter 7 . 8/7/2012
Lol gr8 story
StixOfCinnamon chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Dun dun dun! Gr8 chapter
happy stalker ball on the mobile phone massive typos bound to appear chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
ohhhh man! I would totally leave some nice, insightful review if I totally wasn't on a cell phone with a super tiny screen (no seriously, its a messenger phone). This just made my freakin day! Ususally, I'd rather read about Donatello (though I loooove Mikey too!)but, yeah, this was awweeesome! And Allie was amazing! and not just because I have a sister named Ally lol! I loved every minute and didn't want it to end soooo coool! wish we could have read some about how the rescue op went (ohhhh side story project if possible?). But yeah totally fangirling here! Will definitely try to leave a more in depth review when in front of a computer screen. You are soooo awesome, I know I say it every time, but please keep the stories coming! I think people may just get too caught up in the story to leave review. I know when I was younger and on here, I used to think, "but their writing is already so obviously awesome, what could I possibly say?" anyway, I think I still need to read anothwer story you posted, but totally wanted to say this is def my fave so far (and Raph's not my fave and usually not a fan of the ocs but this story is just so perfect on every level!) Thanks for writing! :)
BubblyShell22 chapter 7 . 2/22/2012
Wow. That was an awesome ending. I like the fact that the Turtles are helping out the cops. That's just so cool. And Raph can deny it all he wants, but we all know he likes Allie, even if it doesn't really go anywhere else beyond friendship. There definitely is a spark there. Great ending to a great story. You truly are a fantastic writer, Sweaty. I love your stuff.

BubblyShell22 chapter 6 . 2/22/2012
Whoo Hoo! They didn't die! You had me going there for a little bit at the end of the last chapter. So, Raph finally told her the truth. I'm glad she didn't freak out and that she accepted it. I know she'll keep the secret, so there's no worries there. Great job on this. I can see Raph and Allie becoming good friends.

BubblyShell22 chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
Whoa. That was a shocker. I loved the chapter though. I can see why Allie would feel this way about her job, but I'm glad Raph talked to her and tried to snap her out of it. I loved the action in this and am shocked that Allie and possibly Raph are both gone. Allie was really starting to grow on me. But it's okay. I like the way you did this. King Jack and his goons are definitely some good villains. Nicely done.

BubblyShell22 chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
Awesome chapter. I liked the conversation between Raph and Detective Morrison. It made both of them seem more real. I can see why she would do what she's done and why she would want to be a detective. She wants to help people. I really liked how she compared herself to the Turtles in a way about helping people. It definitely makes sense in a way.

Good thing Mikey was able to get a hit on that cameraman. I really didn't like him at all. Too bad Raph couldn't get a hit on anyone yet, but maybe he will later. Nicely done on this chapter, Sweaty. I swear, you are a fantastic writer, and that's hard to find nowadays.

BubblyShell22 chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
Wow. What an intense chapter. I really like Detective Morrison and how she tried to help Mikey back there. I just hope Raph can get them out of this. I really like where this story is going. Nicely done.

BubblyShell22 chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Whoa. That was intense. Yeah, Raph can be stubborn, that's for sure. Let's hope they can get out of this. Nicely done.

BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Whoa. Awesome start on this. I really like it and your OC as well. I really want to know why they're in danger, but I guess I'll have to read on to find out. Nicely done on this. And congrats on the nominations, too.

Stoic Harlequin chapter 7 . 2/11/2012
***SPOILER ALERT***

I just figured I'd give the warning so anyone that may stumble on my review isn't disappointed by the sheer amount of story I am going to comment on with no hesitation to speak freely. I apologize in advance as well, I'm about to be a culprit of one of the things I typically dislike - which is a single review at the end of a chaptered story. However, as I read this in pieces (without the ability to review as I read) it blends into one tale; rather than pieces of a whole. Though I will admit that it happened more than once that I got to the end of a chapter and knew I had to put it away but was left with the (Luke Skywalker-esque) 'NOOOooOoooOono!' and peaked a little ahead. You do a wonderful job suspense and action.

On the matter of Allie. I was impressed. I always says this and I'll say it again; I'm a proponent, an advocate, a supporter, etc...of original characters. Though I love OCs I'm hyper critical of how they are handled. So...Allie, Detective Morrison. Fleshed out, check. Believable, check. Reasonable as a participant in the story, check. Purpose to be in her role, check. I loved it. I particularly like that she broke down a couple of time into tears. I liked that she was afraid and she laughed. She ran the gamut of emotions in which were fitting for her situation and role. I loathe nothing more than when a character is mishandled by the way they may behave in a stressful or uncomfortable situation.

I particularly like the final connection in Allie's mind when she realizes *what* Raph is and why his behaviors were what they were throughout. There was some solidifying piece there which just filled a void for me. It was a perfect touch, a nice bit to pseudo end with (pre-epilogue that is). It was the final puzzle piece in this rapport you'd built with them for several chapters.

I enjoyed the pace. The pace was perfect. The action was spot on and that conversation that Raph and Mikey had in the beginning was AMAZING. I have entertained the same conversation in my mind, wondering how it would roll out. I never imagined Raph and April until you pointed it out. I understand what Raph meant by his not pining or anything, but he considered that it could have been different. He and Casey *are* very similar. That point of contention in Raph's mind alone is an interesting one.

On a side not, I liked Raph's internal monologue about Allie's question to if Mikey is actually his brother. That's another detail I have considered and explored as well (Don is a curious sort ~_).

The brotherly dynamic, at the onset, and your representation of Mikey in the beginning was brilliant. I love the little bits between each of them. I just ate it up! Enough that I have spoken of it to Stoic in our meetings about consideration to behaviors when we write the guys. You certainly gave us perspective on handling them as well. It's always an inspiration to read authors who write them well.

And Mikey reason for beginning to begin with, which led to the story - it's perfect for his character. His boisterously optimistic attitude and craving to be around people. I'm sure his family, and their interest in his antics, get old. A ham, like him, needs constant attention.

Your plot was beautifully placed together. The reason for each thing, from how the Foot knew where they were, to King Jack's role and even Allie's. I will admit I cringed when he left with her. It was so fitting but being on the opposite end I hissed and thought - what are you going to tell her when you get there, Raph? You are doing this with intent, a not so G rated one, how do you plan on explaining it. Of course he had those same thoughts once it dawned on him what he was doing but, like the male that he is, he still went along with it. _

Mikey's condition and being lured as well was masterfully done. Poor guy, he really got pummeled. You also managed capturing details again, such as Mikey's face obviously not being a mask because masks don't bruise and/or bleed. And yet Mikey still had a chance to show is chivalry with that chair to 'cameraman'. I inwardly cheered, again for the beautiful action that unfolded there.

Raph's concern for Mikey throughout and this: ((Raph's plan was the same one he always fell back on when he was up against the wall: throw himself at his enemies full force and damn the consequences. Of course, that strategy rarely worked out well, but (and much to Leo's dismay) Raph never seemed to learn his lesson.)) I found to be the best few sentence description of Mr. Raphael, written so succinctly.

The intricate balance between the turfs, the police being involved, the fact that they've known about the Clan all along but do nothing...all this intrigue twisted up into a perfect little story and then dumped on Raph's lap. _ It was expertly done. As per usual, I wasn't even a tiny bit disappointed. Naturally, I was pleased with the happy ending. Solid story, solid use of character, solid entertainment!
Wow chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
Holy S**T...just wow. Still in awe over how good this story is-I'm begging for some follow-up here-I'd even take the short scene you mention about Morrison and Raph meeting up in the alley. I have no complaints about this story-it was perfect-except that it ended.

Bravo demonsweat, Bravo!
Kifu chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
Hehe, no way! You didn't pick on Donny for once! Ah, but it appears that you can't go one story (from what I've read of yours so far) without nearly killing one of them. I love it. Call me terrible if you must, but it's much more fun to read. It keeps the reader on the edge of the seat.

And I'm rather glad that I didn't have the time to write my story for that contest on dA. It would have nothing against your story, as always. The way you twisted the Halloween theme in your favor was well done, too. I wonder how many people wrote about monsters and goblins and whatnot, when you have a well rounded story here.

Amazing suspense, by the way. It doesn't come just from Mikey's beaten state, of course. The situation that they're thrown in, the perspective that you write into the story with amazing detail, the character development that you wove into the detective - it's great. You don't leave the reader wishing for anything else, either, because you wrap it up nice and tight.

That's my only problem with it, but that's just personal preference. I never liked the turtles hooking up with anyone (or each other, for that matter), and I always liked their rogue attitude. Working hand-in-hand with the police is a little funky, and it would take me a little while to wrap my head around it, let alone accept it. Despite that, your writing style still makes this wonderfully tasteful.