Reviews for Hope
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Good story. You did well keeping Frodo and Sam in-character, mirroring their separate thoughts as Sam is ready to leave Middle-earth. Those two have a strong friendship, the strongest I've seen.

Well done. I'm going to put this story in my community, "A Hobbit's Comeback", on this site. I hope that's all right.

Aria Breuer
WolfAngel'JR chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
"I suppose I cannot overlook the possibility that you’ve already died. But my heart tells me that you haven’t. I would have known, somehow; I’m sure of it. Because we are too connected, Sam; we are bound in bonds of friendship and love that run deeper than any sea, longer than any distance, and I would have *known.*"

Amen. 3 And I would've died if Tolkien didn't let us know they indeed reunited. That's just the way it has to be. This little story is very touching, I love the best these one-shots about these moments or the farewell 60 years earlier and yours is one of the best I remember reading. Last time I read LotR fics was in 2003 and am happy to still find some quality work up here, old and new. Thank you for this. This is definitely going to the links of my Frodo & Sam fan club at Fanpop. (:
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Beautiful...

I love the parallel thoughts and concerns and worries they share, all unknowing on opposite sides of the great sea. The wording was perfect and I especially liked how the turn of phrase in each part was appropriate for the hobbit relating it. Well done!

Now what I want to see is their meeting on quays of Tol Eressea, their love for each other making them both shine brighter than Earendil's Silmarillion.
G chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
-This is an absolutely beautiful and heartwarming story! Great job of writing the two companion pieces where the thoughts of Frodo and Sam mirrored each other
-My favorite lines were of Frodo remembering Sam's caring for him in Mordor, and of Sam remembering that it was Hope that got them through Mordor
florgurl chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
OMG! That was beautiful! MG! I'm going to cry! Oh, that must be exactly what was going through their minds at that time. Oh how wonderfully lovely!
~*~flor~*~
Ivory-Bride chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
Ek... *grabs tissue box* That was so sad! ...Ohh... It was so real. I could just feel the longing. *sniffles* I loved it. I really, really loved it. Please keep writing stuff like this. *uses up last tissue* Oh goshdarnit. Need more tissues. _-
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
"*Coming, Mr. Frodo. Coming.*"

AAU!

*tries not to wake the whole neighborhood with her crying*

*sobbing wildly*

Oh I cannot_comprehend how wonderful writer you are! Oh that's not the right word! I don't even try to find it 'cause there is none.

By those last words by Sam in thsi story, i recalled the events of the Return of the King and Sam's love and loyalty...his will to die for his master, his dearest friend and love; Frodo.

*cries like a whale*

Oh I cannot bear the movie. I know now they'll throw me outta there next December 17th.

I'll horribly disturb my fellow audience by my howls and crying through the movie and the worse in the end.

I've heard it'd end to the Gray Havens...

Plus: I'm badly araknofobic. I cannot take Shelob.

If I don't faint for the rest of the day, I'll be crawling on the floor making very strange noise, crying my soul out.

I'm not too far from that even when I see only a regular house spider.

Thankyou, Trilliah, keep on writing!

I swear by the Shire that as long as I find new chapters and stories from you - I'll be reading them.

Hugs and kisses,

Frodo Reppuli
jodancingtree chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
This is really nice! Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
...That was fantastic. Oh, thank you! I shall now go and advertise this! Did I mention I'm thrilled to find non-slash love stories? Well, guess what? I'm thrilled! :D
SLR chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
Oh, I knew it was possible to laugh and cry at the same time, but this is one of the best stories I've read that make me do so. Thank you for posting it, and thank you for taking the time to re-do it into a longer, more detailed version as well. I loved both; no, I loved all your stories, and I'm hoping you'll write more!
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
A sadness has welled up within my heart as I read this... I put me on the verge of tears, dangit! Had it been but a paragraph longer, I very well might've burst into tears... Yay that you didn't! D Hehe, just kidding. Beautiful, beatiful story...

I thought it was really cool how Frodo and Sam were worried about the same things. It just goes to show you how telepathic (or whatever you call it; connected) they are to each other. However, I felt like hitting Frodo with a paddle when he thought that Sam might've forgotten him... He can be so dense sometimes! .
Melilot Millstone chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
That is beautiful! I think Tolkien would be so proud, I mean it's them and it's perfect and ...I ran out of words. That is so beautiful and sad.
BalletRat chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
Aaaaaaaawwwwww! Sweet fluffy-ness! This was really good! I liked how you had both of their thoughts in there. It was nice to have both of their perspectives. Thank you so much for reviewing my story! Keep up the good work!
Arien1 chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
Lovely Frodo and Sam, separated for so many years...I love these Grey Havens reunion stories. Nice job on this one; I especially liked the two different points of view.
RachelStonebreaker chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
Oh! My! That was sad and sweet. I very much enjoy reading stories like that. And I don't have any comments to make on what might be improved... wait.. what's that? Rachel isn't making a comment about verbs or style or anachronisms? She's gone daft...

No, I just think this story is grand and stands very nicely on it's own.