Reviews for Hell and High Water
Pidanka chapter 3 . 9/1/2018
This must be the first fic that actually made me dislike Hermione as a character in it. And I don’t mean “this is OOC so I stop reading this now” kind of dislike, because there were these feelings with other stories. No, the story was interesting, the writing was nice, but Hermione as a character was kinda bad. :( That’s because of very weak reasoning of her actions. When I finished first chapter, I thought surely she’s been kidnapped or trapped somewhere and she can’t get back to Draco. But the whole second chapter was about her actively choosing being away from him and no, it wasn’t for a good reason. It’s hard to believe that in magical world, she had to stay without contact with him, on the mission for years when she easily got to the manor to abandon her child there. And it didn’t make sense at all. She had no personal vendetta against Carrows. They didn’t kill her parents or Harry and Ron, for her trying to get them so hard. They didn’t go after her or Draco, so her reasoning she has to keep her family safe would at least make sense. No, they were hiding, in Russia and in Amazonia and North America and god knows where... Her reasoning just made no sense at all. Telling the ministry abandoned them, when they just could apparate back (as she did at the end) and find out what’s the issue with this situation also didn’t make much sense. Don’t even wanna touch the fact she was kissing with Mitchell, considering easy way out, and it wasn’t thought of her husband that stopped her.. Really, I was mad with her during whole chapter 2 because this separation was unnecessary and didn’t make sense.
That being said, I cried when they reconciled finally. It’s pity my overall feeling about this is the bitterness, because I think this story has a great potential, if only reasoning for separation was better, like Hermione being trapped somewhere and actively trying to get to her family...
MahallieMacKenzie chapter 3 . 8/19/2018
Damn.
malugargula chapter 3 . 8/19/2018
Amazing fic
Guest chapter 3 . 8/19/2018
:’)
abigailgranger-malfoy chapter 3 . 7/24/2018
Daaaammmnnnn, can we have an epilogue where Draco, Harry, and the whole Weasley fam just ruins the Minister and their government for leaving Hermione and her group to die? I mean, I could just see Draco and the whole gang slam the doors open and demand accountability from the Minister.
Dani2781 chapter 2 . 7/19/2018
I think she was a selfish bitch to busy chasing after criminals instead of being home with her child and husband. She deserves every bad thing that happens to her in life a lying cheating whore who would rather abandon her child then grown adults who can fend for themselves.
marienini chapter 3 . 5/27/2018
Oh wow. This entirety is magnificent. My emotions went into a whirlwind of thrill, sadness, aching, pain, and happiness. All the details you've muster up for this story moved me.

My favourite detail would be about Draco's faith. He kept his gift, his masterpieceㅡHermione's wedding ring in his pocket until she finally came back. This is beautiful.
Ohgreatmyarmscomeoff chapter 1 . 4/28/2018
oh wow I can't take it. but I mran, what should I have expected from a story inspired by the Odyssey. crying. literal tears, went to hug my boyfriend, kept crying. oh boy, what a lot to take in. Plus, incredibly glad you didn't do the stupid trite situation and have him move on, though the tension with it was palpable. raw emotion
Guest chapter 2 . 3/2/2018
So... while I understand the emotional toll this whole mission took for her, and I understand Mitchell's proximity and he "understands" what she is going through and such, and even if it was only a few kisses, it still (to me) feels like cheating. And I wasn't ready to read that. I am sorry.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/28/2018
That was epic - so much emotion and uncertainty. Amazing. Is it selfish that I wanted more?
susiequeen300 chapter 3 . 1/20/2018
Holy shit, my heart is sore from reading this. EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER. Wow, these are real tears from an Odessy dramione story.
Ellae chapter 1 . 12/9/2017
I adore the twist on the "gone for war with naught but a baby to remember you by"

e
audiblyausten chapter 3 . 12/15/2016
This is painfully beautiful. Thank you for writing it.
Pearls of Wimsey chapter 3 . 1/17/2016
I loved this story, thank you so much for writing it.
AnnaOxford chapter 3 . 1/25/2015
I just read this story on livejournal or something, I only review on this site, so I was so happy to find you on here!

This story was just perfect and even though I knew they would find each other again, I could barely breath because of the injustice and the pain... I loved it, I'm shaken and need to read something fluffy now, but it was worth it.

Thank you.